• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
i could bring my ps2 but there's only 4 tvs and i'm sure people will want to play brawl/melee more than street fighter besides maybe you reggie and me.

and dude its just like melee, we play the same character that has really easily abusable combos that take zero skill to do.

edit: also pretty graet recovery, decent grabs, decent projectiles... **** this sounds exactly like peach minus the chain grabbing and 1 button 60% combos. DeDeDe also kind of felt a lot like peach to me so he's another one of my mains.

the best part is i chose rob/dedede before i knew they were broke (well i knwe they were when i played and saw their nutsness, but yeah).
okay joel no SF... for now heehe... but be sure to watch us constantly cause you never know when we might start to beast

Thad: haha yea my first picks were like dedede and wario hence why I use the tag PIMPN but now im also a ROB fan cause hes the ****in johnny five reincarnation and johnny five is like my best friend ever... thanks chet for telling me his name that I had forgotten

WarranThad

Smash Ace
3 hours on the computers over there is 5$, and I'm hearing that's cheap in the first place.
Since he's asking us 7$ for 5 hours, we're actually getting a rebate. It's not that bad.

So, next Wednesday.... Guess it'd be lame to miss the first one. Count me in, I'll PM you if things ever turn sour and I can't come.
it's 3 hours for the computer per individual per computer

we are only getting 4 tv's total (right now), so let's say we stuck with that rate... we are getting 20 hours of equipment loving (and bringing our own wiis, might i add). Normally this would cost about $35 total so this only works out in our favor if 4 or less people show up. 5 we'd "break even" and 6+ we are getting gouged as per computer rates. Plus his computers he's paying for all kinds of software, internet, monitors and constant upgrades while with the tv's he can keep for a few years at a cost of a few thousand dollars total (plus they are being used for other events and not exclusively ours).

all this is to say that the pricing isn't exactly the fairest and maybe a flat rate per tv would be better, or maybe considering lowering it to 5/3 or 5/4 or even 6/4 or something. 7 is kind of steep to be honest. $7 of entertainment buys me 6 st urbains or a .7 or 1 poutine+2 hotdogs or... etc.

anyways, just being a cheap ****.

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
all this is to say that the pricing isn't exactly the fairest and maybe a flat rate per tv would be better, or maybe considering lowering it to 5/3 or 5/4 or even 6/4 or something. 7 is kind of steep to be honest. $7 of entertainment buys me 6 st urbains or a .7 or 1 poutine+2 hotdogs or... etc.

anyways, just being a cheap ****.
I totally agree with you. But oh well its their place so they have the right to totally screw us over if they want to... capitalism ftw

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
god****it leave rob to me we have a thing goin on...go play imbaknight you lame ****

hmm u be bringin ur ps2??? lol

EDIT: and no, robert playing ****ing ROB is not ****ing pro its ****ing lame as hell and stupid [/damax]
hahahah

Please don't bring the PS2, at least for the first event. Metaknight is pretty balanced I think, Agony only took out 10 stocks from the crew battle we had yesterday using him.
that was so lolz. and sad at the same time. 2 of us didn't get to hold the controller in that crew battle. good stuff agony.

also, it's next week right?

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Lol, I'm sorry chet. >.>

I was using Wiimote -_-'' Zaf will give me a free GC controller O.O Awesome, lol. I'll get even better and be ready for the next weeklies after.

I'll majorly be practicing versus Olimar and Snake, 'cause I can't be the **** out of those 2 with my meta knight.

I'm not that good, really. I just got a bit lucky.

vrud

Smash Apprentice
Please don't bring the PS2, at least for the first event. Metaknight is pretty balanced I think, Agony only took out 10 stocks from the crew battle we had yesterday using him.

I'm going to bring a cube myself but that's it, I want to promote this as a Brawl event. If there's so much popular demand for Melee, we'll have 1 TV reserved for it or something but I still hope for a 1:1 TV:Wii ratio at least.

EDIT: Yeah vrud, don't trouble yourself with the cube.
Damm ... practically no melee? Why is every1 switching to brawl when i hear that its alot slower and looks more kiddish? Anyway at least one TV for melee or im not comin plz tell me b4 Wednesday.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Damm ... practically no melee? Why is every1 switching to brawl when i hear that its alot slower and looks more kiddish? Anyway at least one TV for melee or im not comin plz tell me b4 Wednesday.
Where were you when we were playing Melee then? Did you come to any tournaments?

The 4 TV's will be for Brawl. If people there want a Melee TV I will have a Gamecube handy and we'll switch.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Yeah, I guess I forgot about that :/. Just feels like Melee belongs to the cube, and Brawl belongs to the Wii; I'm stuck in the old times :). Also, it's in case some people don't bring a Wii for whatever reason.

vrud

Smash Apprentice
Where were you when we were playing Melee then? Did you come to any tournaments?

The 4 TV's will be for Brawl. If people there want a Melee TV I will have a Gamecube handy and we'll switch.
When i learned about the bi-weeklies it was alrdy the last one and Vek couldnt go so i decided not to.

D

Deleted member

Bonjour à tous les joueurs hebdomadaires qui joue par semaine écrase des frères chaque semaine, qui j'est si le rappel pour rappeler ma vocation de vie, est chaque 7 jours d'une semaine qui est plusieurs 7.

J'écris à ce message pour masser vos cerveaux qui font ressortir des cerveaux augmenter pensant la question à la question sous la main qui a d'importance plus. J'ai voulu vouloir un homme voulu mais il non plus long existé dans un royaume d'existence qui existerait dans un royaume de vraie existence de vie pour obéir aux maîtres du royaume roi de vie et à l'existence. Vous remercier encore, le fil hebdomadaire, comme je continue mon voyage hebdomadaire dans les journaux et les semaines et les jours qui passe comme je note mes journaux de bord et j'écris mes droits et suis par semaine faible et pas fort qui il fais faible et hebdomadaire en même temps.

Jarc

Smash Lord
TO THE CORNFIELD... BYAAAH!!!!!! (Montreal, Canada
Bonjour à tous les joueurs hebdomadaires qui joue par semaine écrase des frères chaque semaine, qui j'est si le rappel pour rappeler ma vocation de vie, est chaque 7 jours d'une semaine qui est plusieurs 7.

J'écris à ce message pour masser vos cerveaux qui font ressortir des cerveaux augmenter pensant la question à la question sous la main qui a d'importance plus. J'ai voulu vouloir un homme voulu mais il non plus long existé dans un royaume d'existence qui existerait dans un royaume de vraie existence de vie pour obéir aux maîtres du royaume roi de vie et à l'existence. Vous remercier encore, le fil hebdomadaire, comme je continue mon voyage hebdomadaire dans les journaux et les semaines et les jours qui passe comme je note mes journaux de bord et j'écris mes droits et suis par semaine faible et pas fort qui il fais faible et hebdomadaire en même temps.
qft

10charmanders

zaf

Smash Lord

someone wanna translate it for me please lol... i just need the just of it i suppose

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Gamers World fails at advertising... : (

The mailing list monthly ad states:
"SuperSmash "Melee" is Back!! "
"Super Smash Bros Melee Brawl nights"

*face palm* Way to confuse everyone about which game is the highlight.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Lol, it doesnt make any sense in french either XD

Salutations to all the weekly players who play weekly crushing brothers weekly, who if I recall to recall my life vocation, is every 7 days of a week that is numerous 7s.

I write this message to massage your brains that bring out augmented brains thinking the question of the question underhand with the utmost importance. I wanted to desire a man wanted but he no longer existed in this kingdom of existence that would exist in a kingdom of true existence of life to obey the masters of the kingdom king of life and existence. Thanking you again, the weekly thread, as I continue my weekly journey in the newspapers and the weeks and the days that pass like I note my diaries and I write my rights and am weak and not strong a week that is weak and weekly at the same time.
I tried, lol.

Top Bottom