• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

ThatGuy

Smash Master
7+4=11. :/

EDIT: Wait what? Kage left when he was done with the tournament, no reason to deduct any points for that. Even if the person only shows for an hour that's good enough. Hell, I think points should be deducted only if they missed the weekly entirely...

EDIT2: BTW, thanks for summing up exactly what I was too lazy to do =)

EDIT3: I will talk with GamersWorld for prizes and stuff. Don't expect anything huge.

WERE-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
Coming from the man who couldn't make it to a Montreal tournament. :)
hey hey hey i had to dew groceries since it was the day my parent went on vacation for a month!

Week 1 of 2v2 tourney

1- mtl1337 ( zaf and fil)
2- Kage with Dildos ( Joel and chet)
3- Team Arizona ( Bento and steb)
4- ULIATE warrior ( Luc and kage ( with 1 or 2 matches subbed by Kirt)

Week 2 of 2v2 tourney

1- Rion and ally ( rion and ally)
2- Technologic (zaf and techiyo ( with steb subbing in for 2 matches))
3- Team Testosterone V. Beast Mode ( Kage with joel)
4- Hyper ( kirt and kevin)

Kirt and Steb will get half points for there subs.
EDIT: Kage and techiyo lose have points for the week for leaving. Sorry its rules.

1st-12 points
2nd-7 points
3rd-4 points
4th-2 points.

I know joel and i had agree on the top 5 teams, but every week there will be a tie between 2 teams for 5th place. Which means another 2 teams getting points. I think it fair to cut off at the top 4.

Each week that passes 1/8th of your points will be reduced and then will round down even if over 5. This is so the inactive and people who do not make the top 4 do not keep there points. Everything has to be balanced out.

~
Current Points
~~~~~~~~~~
zaf - 17 points
Ally - 12 points
rion -12 points
fiL -10 points
Joel -10points
Steb -6.5 points
Chet -6 points
Kage - 4 points
Techiyo -3.5 points
bento - 3points
Kevin -2 points
Kirt -2 points
luc - 1 point
~~~~~~~~~

Wtf? i won something like 1 or 2 points last week and now im at zero? Even if 1/8th of my points had to go i think i should still have something like .5 or 1 point....

P.S. What are points for again?

WarranThad

Smash Ace
hey, jarc/joel

Bonjour de Gamers' World

Gamers' World organisera un tounoi de StarCraft Broodwar le 30 et 31 août

Cout de participation: $25
Enregistrement: Samdi le 30 août a 11h00
Des prix seront fournis.

Appelez Gamers' World pour plus de renseignements.

=============================

Hello From Gamers' World!!

Gamers' World will be hosting a StarCraft Brood War Tournament on August 30 & 31st.

Entree Fee is $25
Prizes will be provided

Call Gamers' World for More information

Gamers' World
Your Gaming Center
4986 Queen Mary
Montreal, Quebec
H3W-1X2
*Metro Snowdon*

(514) 788-5389
www.gamersworld.ca

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Zaf is i got 4th place in this week's tourney, giving me 2 pts, and 4th place again the week before but only getting half points because i subbed,I should be at 3, not 2.

Fhatuik

Smash Apprentice
hey, jarc/joel

Bonjour de Gamers' World

Gamers' World organisera un tounoi de StarCraft Broodwar le 30 et 31 août

Cout de participation: $25
Enregistrement: Samdi le 30 août a 11h00
Des prix seront fournis.

Appelez Gamers' World pour plus de renseignements.

=============================

Hello From Gamers' World!!

Gamers' World will be hosting a StarCraft Brood War Tournament on August 30 & 31st.

Entree Fee is $25
Prizes will be provided

Call Gamers' World for More information

Gamers' World
Your Gaming Center
4986 Queen Mary
Montreal, Quebec
H3W-1X2
*Metro Snowdon*

(514) 788-5389
www.gamersworld.ca

dommage que ce sois demain sinon j'aurais été si qqun me l'aurais prévenue a l'avance ! car je suis un bon joueur de starcraft ;-)

zaf

Smash Lord
7+4=11. :/

EDIT: Wait what? Kage left when he was done with the tournament, no reason to deduct any points for that. Even if the person only shows for an hour that's good enough. Hell, I think points should be deducted only if they missed the weekly entirely...

EDIT2: BTW, thanks for summing up exactly what I was too lazy to do =)

EDIT3: I will talk with GamersWorld for prizes and stuff. Don't expect anything huge.
ill fix the points so none are deducted for subbing or missing some matches.

hey hey hey i had to dew groceries since it was the day my parent went on vacation for a month!

Wtf? i won something like 1 or 2 points last week and now im at zero? Even if 1/8th of my points had to go i think i should still have something like .5 or 1 point....

P.S. What are points for again?
5th place gets nothing, sorry

Zaf is i got 4th place in this week's tourney, giving me 2 pts, and 4th place again the week before but only getting half points because i subbed,I should be at 3, not 2.
i deducted points for subbing. ill fix that.

WTF are these point things?

This makes the tournament a whole lot more serious than I originally thought it would be.
We have been saying this for the past 2 weeks now lol

EDIT: Joel i see a potential problem. For people who can attain 80 points, they lose 1/8th the next week. Which brings them to 70. If they get first place they get back to 82, so then they lose another 1/8th points. Which puts them back to 70/71. which means they went no where in points,

EDIT 2 : ill post the new points results once we get to a agreement on point reduction

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Honestly it's your choice guys, do you want a leaderboard or not? I figured a doubles leaderboard would be an original idea and pretty fun but if people are worried it'll be too serious (or have other concerns) please give feedback so we don't waste our time doing something nobody wants to participate in.

zaf

Smash Lord
Honestly it's your choice guys, do you want a leaderboard or not? I figured a doubles leaderboard would be an original idea and pretty fun but if people are worried it'll be too serious (or have other concerns) please give feedback so we don't waste our time doing something nobody wants to participate in.
Well yea, i want the leaderboard. Which is why I've been bringing my laptop every week to organize the 2v2 tourneys and why i have been throwing out ideas on it for a while. I dont see why there was like 4 or 5 posts of people complaining about the points, saying i miscalculated. I told you my formula, you just had to apply the math. If you don't like loosing points, then don't participate. It has to be fair, people cant accumulate points and then leave for a while and still have them. People also want prizes from GW, so you'll have to do something for them. But yea joel is right, if no one cares for this, ill stop bringing my laptop and stop organizing the matches and just play my own the whole night. No need to waste time

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
But Zaf, you yourself said you miscalculated and that you would rectify the points later. I even prooved you wrong that my points were innacurate.

zaf

Smash Lord
But Zaf, you yourself said you miscalculated and that you would rectify the points later. I even prooved you wrong that my points were innacurate.
My points were fine.
I halfed your's for substitutions.
Which is why you thought it was wrong.
we then agreed to give full points anyways despite leaving/substitutions.

First Point count

week 1

you got 4th but subbed. So Instead of giving you 2 points, i gave you 1.

Week2

You got 4th again with your brother, so you got the full 2 points. I then divided your 1 point by 1/8th and rounded down. Which in turn just eliminates the 1 point. Which is also why you ended up with 2 points.

~ Joel then said to give you the 2 points for week 1 instead of 1 point.

So then in reality week 2 had become 2 points divided by 1/8th rounded down. Which became your 1 point, plus your 2 newly earned points. 3 Points

i wasn't wrong at all in my calculations. I was right. We just decided on a different method.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Okay then, while i think the idea for a ladder system os okay, i think the points system needs reworking. There are one too many flaws to it. Zaf himself already pointed one out. While i think we can keep this one, i think a more efficient one would be appropriate.

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I dont think what we need to change is the number of points we get and how much we loose, but how we get them and then compare them.

What im getting at is that we need a radical way of doing this for it to work imo. For instance, rather then according points for positions in the tournament, we should get points for winning, or something to that effect or anything else that can work.

WERE-Wolf

Smash Apprentice
My points were fine.
I halfed your's for substitutions.
Which is why you thought it was wrong.
we then agreed to give full points anyways despite leaving/substitutions.

First Point count

week 1

you got 4th but subbed. So Instead of giving you 2 points, i gave you 1.

Week2

You got 4th again with your brother, so you got the full 2 points. I then divided your 1 point by 1/8th and rounded down. Which in turn just eliminates the 1 point. Which is also why you ended up with 2 points.

~ Joel then said to give you the 2 points for week 1 instead of 1 point.

So then in reality week 2 had become 2 points divided by 1/8th rounded down. Which became your 1 point, plus your 2 newly earned points. 3 Points

i wasn't wrong at all in my calculations. I was right. We just decided on a different method.
i dont remember about agreeing on the ''you-lose-point-when-you-skip-a-week-or-2'' part. Why not putting this part into a vote? Choosing something for the entire comunity would be a bit selfish :O

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
i dont remember about agreeing on the ''you-lose-point-when-you-skip-a-week-or-2'' part. Why not putting this part into a vote? Choosing something for the entire comunity would be a bit selfish :O
Your an imbecile Wolf, your logic sounds like what a 12 year old would say;

First of all, no one even asked you your opinion on whether or not we should have a ranking system. No one asked you to join it either, so if you don't like it or can't give constructive criticism you can simply choose not to take part.

We explained why the loosing point aspect was needed prior so if you can understand why we need it, then i think your own selfish need can be ignored as well.

Lastly, I think that Zaf and Joel, the two people organizing this, have more precedence in the matter then you. All in all, i think that theres either a better way to phrase what you just said or simply that your too outspoken for someone in your position.

zaf

Smash Lord
its not just my decision and there are flaws in keeping points.

First of all, no one even asked you your opinion on whether or not we should have a ranking system. No one asked you to join it either, so if you don't like it or can't give constructive criticism you can simply choose not to take part.

We explained why the loosing point aspect was needed prior so if you can understand why we need it, then i think your own selfish need can be ignored as well.

Lastly, I think that Zaf and Joel, the two people organizing this, have more precedence in the matter then you. All in all, i think that theres either a better way to phrase what you just said or simply that your too outspoken for someone in your position.
very aggressive from kirt, but i hole agree.
wolf, you need to read previous posts to understand why it has to be done. Or just think about why it has to be done. there are reasons. You cant just jump in and make false accusations. I am no where near selfish since i am trying to organize this and since i bring my laptop every week. also who tells everyone they have matches and sets them up? Is it you?

"C"let

Smash Journeyman

woow kirt can be a beast!!

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
I've been reading his post for a while and find that they lacked tact and now comprehension and consideration. I guess i couldn't hold it in no more. Meh.

Jer

Smash Ace
Kirts a monster rancher, end of story.

Coming this week via Zaf(**** <3) w/ Wii and my sexyness. MOAR VIDS TOMORROW (Due to me being in pain from roofing all weekend :( )

Top Bottom