• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

& Brawl+: The Montréal Weekly Poutine Thread...With More Sauce!

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
And some people would rather play [ANY GAME THAT ISN'T BRAWL] over brawl, and that's why you don't see them at the weeklies.

I'd rather play vsav than melee and that's why you should play that at jarcfests instead of whatever you guys go there to play.

And that's why nobody gives a **** about what I think or want, and correspondingly do not give a **** about what you think is a good idea.

Brawl weeklies are for Brawl. Melee already gets played there plenty and you're kidding yourself if you even believe it should be played more than it already is.

Jer

Smash Ace
Do me a favour, and get the stick outta your *** kid. Just because you were disregarded or beaten as a child, doesn't mean you have to take your crap out on me. I said one thing, cool the god **** jets.

Jesus christ, this is why i hate the brawl community

swordgard

Smash Hero
And some people would rather play [ANY GAME THAT ISN'T BRAWL] over brawl, and that's why you don't see them at the weeklies.

I'd rather play vsav than melee and that's why you should play that at jarcfests instead of whatever you guys go there to play.

And that's why nobody gives a **** about what I think or want, and correspondingly do not give a **** about what you think is a good idea.

Brawl weeklies are for Brawl. Melee already gets played there plenty and you're kidding yourself if you even believe it should be played more than it already is.
/looks at first post. This is a smash weeklies, not a <<brawl weeklies>> fyi. It started with melee, and i dont see any mention of brawl on the first post. Yes this is made mainly for brawl, but it also perfectly fine to have a side setup for melee. Dont hate on jer, melee is perfectly fine at the weekly. We do not need the hate for this community to divide it even further, no more drama please.

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Am I alone to see the irony in someone saying the Brawl community has more drama than the Melee one?

Apøc`

Smash Apprentice
I believe that Brawl & Melee community are very different just because of the time we spent playing Melee.

We mostly know each other for such a long time, via smashboards, tournaments, weeklies, everyday's life (best part ever hahaha). Like we could have seen that just with FFYF.

We were least Melee players then again we were more loud and more cheerful and just more everything except super duper gays. Brawl dudes have a long way to go to understand that.

And just by that most of the Melee dudes are over 20 already, I don't like to say we are more mature since I'm so much the opposite, hahaha! But that gap is meaningful.

Sphyra

Smash Apprentice
I believe that Brawl & Melee community are very different just because of the time we spent playing Melee.

We mostly know each other for such a long time, via smashboards, tournaments, weeklies, everyday's life (best part ever hahaha). Like we could have seen that just with FFYF.

We were least Melee players then again we were more loud and more cheerful and just more everything except super duper gays. Brawl dudes have a long way to go to understand that.

And just by that most of the Melee dudes are over 20 already, I don't like to say we are more mature since I'm so much the opposite, hahaha! But that gap is meaningful.
None of this has anything to do with Jer's randomly newfound dislike for "barwl". Not to mention that besides Krew, he's probably one of the youngest here. So yeah, moot points.

I don't really care about brawl vs melee, but coming in here and telling people that they shouldn't be playing the game they're throwing down weeklies for in favor of his own personal preferences, and then crying like a baby after being called out on his stupidity is ****ing unsightly.

"C"let

Smash Journeyman

your the best person to argue in anything, your posts always make me lol. YOU ARE THE OFFICIAL SPOKES PERSON FOR MONTREAL (in any thing not only smash)

btw I wont be coming to weeklies today

and expect a huge announcement for the smash/street fighter fest tonight

EDIT: me zaf chet will be playing badminton before the smashfest we would like more people to join, thatwould be on saturday

MaritLage227

Smash Apprentice
I personally would play any of the three, as long as no one complains about the melee set up on a t.v...
I just love any of them so just bring more melee today.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Not coming either because I have to study~ C'let, lets play tennis instead! I don't have a badminton racket :<

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
Not coming either because I have to study~ C'let, lets play tennis instead! I don't have a badminton racket :<
I would love to play tennis bento but I don't have a racket for either of these two games and I thought badminton will be easier to learn and play

Jer

Smash Ace
None of this has anything to do with Jer's randomly newfound dislike for "barwl". Not to mention that besides Krew, he's probably one of the youngest here. So yeah, moot points.

I don't really care about brawl vs melee, but coming in here and telling people that they shouldn't be playing the game they're throwing down weeklies for in favor of his own personal preferences, and then crying like a baby after being called out on his stupidity is ****ing unsightly.

First off, it's not a newely found hate, i've never "liked" brawl, i just played it. When did i EVER say that people shouldn't play brawl, please tell me this, and how am i throwing down weeklies?

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Is that some sort of free badminton place? I had to pay to be allowed to use a gym a few years ago O.O

†¹Ãgøn¥¹†

Smash Ace
Personally, I like melee better over brawl, but I play brawl more because that's the game that get's more attention these days. if the weeklies were to be changed to more melee setup and about 1 brawl setup I think we would get the same amount of people, so either way I don't much care.

All I find stupid is that some brawl players go and talk trash to some melee players and vice versa just because they play a different game...

As for the badmington part, Clet, where you guys go play do they have free rackets? I'm good at badmington but my old racket is pretty much dust now...I might go to play badmington if they have free rackets, but I'm not sure about the fest after...I'm still in tought if I should quit brawl or not..

Steb

Smash Journeyman
Sorry about not announcing there will be no stream tonight. There's like only 5 people at the weeklies, lol. I think we're all still tired from the weekend of smash.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
[...] barwl [...]
lol

Wow, that came outta nowhere... :ohwell:

[...] get the stick outta your *** kid. Just because you were disregarded or beaten as a child, [...]
Jer vs Sphyra - I'm lovin' it ™

You don't need to keep trying so hard at being totally irrelevAnt.
You both are, that's why I'm having so much fun atm, lololol

Smash 64 only weeklies?
NO.

[...] barwl. [...] besides Krew, he's probably one of the youngest here. [...]
*the rant goes on*
Not to mention the sexiest. I find the "word" "barwl" to be so funny - it reminds me of Zaf puking lol.

*MOAR RANT*
We should end this nonsense, and spend more time hating things that deserve it, like Elef's Walking Snake, or Jews, to name a few.. Come on guys, shake hands and ****ing make out or something. The Montreal community is about having fun, not looking dumb, in front of your friends on a message board...

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Elef's Walking Snake
You ****ing racist.

Edit: WHY do you all have completely ****ed up controllers? I was hoping maybe we could have some sort of rotation at least, but NO! I have to choose between Kev's Frankenstein, Dom's ******-trigger, Ben's dollar-store controller composed of paper, glue, and old taffy, or the Classic Controller.

You people make me sick.

"C"let

Smash Journeyman
You ****ing racist.

Edit: WHY do you all have completely ****ed up controllers? I was hoping maybe we could have some sort of rotation at least, but NO! I have to choose between Kev's Frankenstein, Dom's ******-trigger, Ben's dollar-store controller composed of paper, glue, and old taffy, or the Classic Controller.

You people make me sick.
or "C"let's amazing controller that got chet 3rd in brawl and 5th in melee :D

MaritLage227

Smash Apprentice
Not to mention that besides Krew, he's probably one of the youngest here. So yeah, moot points.
ahem... But I am the youngest hands down. (14 yrs)

I was nice enough to play with my classic so Joel could borrow my gamecube controller.
Great weeklies, except for when I set up Melee on one t.v out of two, which led to protest, Johns, and mutiny. I still suck at melee, but can beat some of you (occasionally). My reverse falcon punch *****, as well as a rest I killed Kev! with. I love weeklies...

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace

I love your posts, their so brutal and uncensored. Plus they make me lols.

I think that's an unfair statement and biased in so many ways. First of all apoc, i was part of the melee community before you even joined, I now play brawl and am one of the oldest there; so your logic doesn't quite hold together man. Also, some of the people in the brawl community are tighter then some people were back in melee. I think your entire post, IMHO, has no relevance whatsoever.
your the best person to argue in anything, your posts always make me lol. YOU ARE THE OFFICIAL SPOKES PERSON FOR MONTREAL (in any thing not only smash)

btw I wont be coming to weeklies today

and expect a huge announcement for the smash/street fighter fest tonight

EDIT: me zaf chet will be playing badminton before the smashfest we would like more people to join, thatwould be on saturday
lol wtf, werent you the one in the car the other day telling me you didnt play badminton and now all of a sudden you guys have a badminton outing planned, and i wasn't even invited initially? T_T

lol

I love you, Jer.
I think Jer should keep playing Barwl no matter what.

Fizzi

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
FIZZI#36
You guys are doing it wrong... It's called Bawrlarlawlarrrlarr.

Anyways - this whole badminton thing sounds real tempting. I wont be attending many more events until I come back next September unfortunately. Finals are coming up.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Redirect off topic stuff to Montreal Thread now please.

Maritlage, I think you took the wiimote I had because it was plugged into the classic controller you were using. Please bring it to the next weekly.

God I hate the wii design...

Mystic Viper

Smash Ace
Redirect off topic stuff to Montreal Thread now please.

Maritlage, I think you took the wiimote I had because it was plugged into the classic controller you were using. Please bring it to the next weekly.

God I hate the wii design...
I think the initial discussion was about melee at the weeklies, and is thus on topic.

Top Bottom