• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl: The VC Game

KrazyKaiju

Smash Cadet
Hello Smash World!

The other day, I was just thinking about the "Virtual Console" behavior of Smash Brothers Brawl. Players can bask in sweet nostalgia and play some classic games. I'm not familiar with the entire library of goodness, but from what I've seen, there seems to be a pretty decent selection.:)

However, with this in mind, I would like to pose one "fantasy" question for everyone:

What games would you like to have seen on Brawl? What is the creme-de-la-creme from each franchise?

For each franchise (Star Fox, Zelda, Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem, Sonic, Mario, etc.), choose one game that:

1. you feel is the champion of that particular series of games
2. meets "VC" criteria (i.e. it's a game that could be put on Virtual Console.)

P.S. I apologize for not having one yet!:urg:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
DK - Any DKC game, or better yet, DK64.

Mario - Mario 64.

Zelda - This is fine.

We needed a Pokemon selection. Red or Blue would have been good.

Starfox, they hit the nail on the head.

Fire Emblem... eh... Japan has a fire emblem demo.

Agent 1337

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon doesn't really have many applicable games (except for the old GB games) so I don't know what to put here.

Zelda - Probably Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask; I don't really know Zelda well.

DK - DKC 1 or 2, they're both great games in their own right so it's hard to choose between one of them.

Mario - the original Super Mario Bros. Can't get any more nostalgic than that. For gameplay, however, I'd say 64.

Sonic - Not a clue, never played a Sonic game.

Yoshi - Once again, I'm clueless, but I'd say Yoshi's Island 64 (did I get the name right?)

Wario - There wasn't any real Wario games that were released for the SNES, were there? If not, then I guess I could go for WL3.

Ice Climber - Isn't it obvious? (No)

Kid Icarus - Kid Icarus. Wasn't that easy?

R.O.B. - Gyromite, though how are you supposed to play the game without R.O.B.?

Star Fox - Star Fox 64. Period. (I've never played any of them, but that'd be my guess.)

F-Zero - F-Zero X (for the 64, I believe?) would be the best deal.

FE - Some port or something. I literally know NOTHING about Fire Emblem.

Kirby - Definitely Super Star. i wish I had an SNES.....

Mother/Earthbound - 1 or 3, but the boss battle in 1 creeped me out to no end. Freaky....

I'm pretty sure that's all of them. Wow, I have a lot of holes in this selection.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Personally:

Mario - Super Mario 64, hands down. Not as classic/nostalgic as the older games, but the best in the series if you ask me.

Donkey Kong - DK 64. Easily the best game he ever had.

Pokèmon - Red/Blue. Nostalgia galore.

Zelda - Ocarina of Time. Alongside Twilight Princess, best game in the series in my mind.

Star Fox - Doesn't get any better than SF 64.

Sonic - Sonic & Knuckles w/ Sonic 3. Best Sonic game ever, completely nostalgic.

Fire Emblem - I'd love to see one or more of the Japan-only games brought international by the VC/Brawl. Mystery of the Emblem (FE 3) and Genealogy of the Holy War (FE 4) seem the best candidates for that, though Thracia 776 (FE 5) would also be good, especially if its reputation as the hardest Fire Emblem ever is accurate. From those I've played though, I'd go with Blazing Sword (FE 7, just called "Fire Emblem" outside Japan), due to it being a bit nostalgic as the first FE I ever played and because I can't see the others as viable options (Sacred Stones wasn't good as FE games go, and Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are way too recent to even consider).

Metroid/Kirby - I've played too few to give a good opinion on them (my Metroid experience is limited to the Prime games, and with Kirby I've played 64 and a few older Gameboy games but can't remember much of any of them). Whatever is fine by me.

Yoshi/Wario - Don't like 'em, don't care.

Mother/Metal Gear/Kid Icarus/Ice Climbers/F-Zero - Never played 'em, have no interest in most of them, so I couldn't say. Wouldn't mind a chance to try out any of the Mother games though. Doesn't matter which, I'd just like to give the series a shot.

Zevox

Fletch

Smash Master
Personally:

Fire Emblem - I'd love to see one or more of the Japan-only games brought international by the VC/Brawl. Mystery of the Emblem (FE 3) and Genealogy of the Holy War (FE 4) seem the best candidates for that, though Thracia 776 (FE 5) would also be good, especially if its reputation as the hardest Fire Emblem ever is accurate. From those I've played though, I'd go with Blazing Sword (FE 7, just called "Fire Emblem" outside Japan), due to it being a bit nostalgic as the first FE I ever played and because I can't see the others as viable options (Sacred Stones wasn't good as FE games go, and Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn are way too recent to even consider).
Second this. FE7 is an amazing game, cannot count the number of times I've played through it, and I would love to see some imports of the Japanese-only games (and as a side-note, Sacred Stones was just too easy... every character ***** and you could really fix your characters stats and level up anyone at will).

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
I doubt Wario has a "Classic", unless you count Mario vs. Wario. *shudder*
Wario Land (Super Mario Land 3), no question. Absolutely fantastic game.

More likely, they'd use a level of some WarioWare game.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
i would love to see Pokemon R/B/Gr/Y on the VC, especially is you could somehow link up your GBC R/B/Y/Gr/Go/S/C game to the wii for trades and battles...maybe with USB?

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Mario: A number of titles are good; Super Mario RPG, Paper Mario & Super Mario World 3 I think are among the best.

Zelda: Any of the main series titles are good (hell, all except the CD-i ones are great): Majora's Mask is my favorite, but since I might be flamed for offering that up, Ocarina & Link to the Past are the best in my opinion after Majora's.

Pokemon: Since I don't forsee GB or GBC games on the VC any time soon, Pokemon Stadium is the best PKMN game out there. That and Pokemon Stadium 2.

Star Fox: Star Fox 64. Hands down.

Kirby: Kirby Super Star hands down.

Earthbound: I HOPE they release MOTHER 3, but I kinda doubt it. I hope the Americans get Earthbound or Fire Emblem 3 like the Japanese are getting.

Sonic: Original Sonics, Sonic & Knuckles

Metal Gear: Strongly doubt they'll be released on the VC, since Metal Gear Solid was updated to become MGS: The Twin Snakes on the Gamecube.

Top Bottom