• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl to become the casual game?

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
Well, there seems to be less of a competitive kind of gameplay in Brawl. Alot of tactics have been removed (tactics tourneyf*g moves, whatever) and the game mechanics seem slower. Now, I think Melee will still be the competitve one. Besides the 10 char (lol) roster increase, there's not much more that Brawl has over melee (VS mode wise) in fact, I'd call Melee the BETTER of the two. I think melee will still be the tourney game of Smash, with SSB64 being the casual, and Brawl being a bit in between.

-Ran

Smash Master
You cannot compare the competitive cycle of a six year old game vs a new product. There is much discovery of tactics, combos, chains, and the like to be done. The meta-game doesn't even exist for any character, except from their past incarnation.

Give.
It.
Time.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
We made Melee competive you *******. We'll do the same for Brawl.

Melee was meant to be a "Casual" game too.

Brawl hasn't been out nearly as long as Melee either you *******.

Demon Kirby

Smash Champion
The game isn't even out yet...
. . .

On-topic: hi. We're one-freekin'-month into the gameYou're barely even giving this game a chance.

Also, I doubt you've played it Acually, I'm sure you haven't.

Another thing. I will, from now on, punch myself in the face every time a topic like this is made.

CrossX

Smash Apprentice
Lol no.

You just like Melee more because Mewtwo and Roy are in it.
lol, even though I doubt that it still sounded humorous. The game was specifically to be more appealing to casual players and keep the non-casual players satisfied. That within itself is really difficult, so lets all bow our heads to Sakurai. Look at the evidence, I mean he made it much easier to unlock characters. If he only wanted to aim it at the non-casuals then he would have given us the mewtwo 700 matches thing. Knowing non-casuals, they wouldn't mind complain a while but eventually do it anyways. Casual players would not have the patience for that, or I was made to think that they wouldn't. Anyways, we all love this game, casual or not, so lets enjoy it that way.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Brawl is a lot better than Melee was and should be taken more seriously so I hope it becomes both casual and competitive.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
It isn't even out in the US yet and you're all already making assumptions?

Even if you have the *** version, I doubt Melee became competitive within 3 weeks lol.

I cant say j@p?

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Guiz, this gaem ain't competitive. It's been out for liek 4 weeks nao and i said soz so yeah.

gawd u guiz is tournyf*gz

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
lol, even though I doubt that it still sounded humorous. The game was specifically to be more appealing to casual players and keep the non-casual players satisfied. That within itself is really difficult, so lets all bow our heads to Sakurai. Look at the evidence, I mean he made it much easier to unlock characters. If he only wanted to aim it at the non-casuals then he would have given us the mewtwo 700 matches thing. Knowing non-casuals, they wouldn't mind complain a while but eventually do it anyways. Casual players would not have the patience for that, or I was made to think that they wouldn't. Anyways, we all love this game, casual or not, so lets enjoy it that way.
I'm serious. This guy made a million topics asking why Roy and Mewtwo aren't in.

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
I can't tell whether that was for or against me, I can only guess seeing as how it's FDW

Vash_15

Smash Journeyman
Shut up Wang, so what if I am? It shouldn't have happened but it DID and I'm pissed.

CrossX

Smash Apprentice
Funny enough your avatar sheds a tear. But really? I mean Roy and Mewtwo were ok characters, but to go to the point of hating a game because they weren't included...is immature and ignorant. Or maybe just ignorant. But you have a right to be angry, a lot of people do because they didn't get what they wanted, and what a consensus of people wanted. Life isn't fair and you won't always get what you want, get over it. Maybe they will show up in SSB4, but I won't even begin in predicting that game since Brawl didn't even come out yet. Oh yeah, and if you think you got screwed over, think about the European players who are getting this game god knows when.

spindash

Smash Ace
Oh for the love of... -_-;

Brawl will be the new head of Smash Bros. competition. I hate to be the one to flat out say this bluntly, but some people are afraid to move on because they are afraid that their skill that they had in previous titles such as Melee, will not transfer over to Brawl as they start over again. The competitive players worked hard to get to the top or be able to keep up with the rest of the big shots, and now with Brawl around, their reputation (they feel, which isn't) is being endangered.

Now it doesn't likely effect some of the more recent newcomers to the competitive scene such as myself, but even if I were champion of the world, I'd gladly make the jump to a new game, but never forget what I accomplished in the past.

Melee is a very competitive game, and Brawl will follow in those same footsteps, if not surpass them.

Harsh? Maybe. The truth? Oh it's pretty darn clear that some people aren't willing to move past Melee because of having to start over.

No Melee 2.0 johns here, but play Melee all you want. I'm still going to. But Brawl's my new crack now, thank you. And I'll enjoy it for years to come.

Top Bottom