• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl Tournaments in Florida

Xaltis

Smash Hero
They're locals. Its easily done in one day. There's two-three TOs. Luis and I are still makin the schedule and plans. Ill be buying 6 crt tvs in 2 weeks and renting 4 wiis 4 360 aand 1ps3. ****s a lot of money but ill be able to do these tournies often IF the community participates to.

And what I meant by the main game thing is that each game on its own is not the main but ALL games are EQUAL in being the main game
Got a lot of money to throw around? Could toss some my way.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Once every 3 months? Then what's the issue? You can take the secondary sfl tourney spot once every 3 months. And the other months a different region will host the secondary

DFEAR

Smash Hero
the only problem is what i stated before. who authorizes who has what dates : [ cuz i REALLY need to know IN ADVANCE cuz i cant rent the venue out any other dates ya know.

also i got ****loads of money lyin around. i got a good stock income now :3 bought new stereo, subwoofer, new paint in room, new furniture, bought bigger tv for room gave my old one to sister, etc. CASH FLOW SURPLUS NO DEBTS AROUND

Xaltis

Smash Hero
the only problem is what i stated before. who authorizes who has what dates : [ cuz i REALLY need to know IN ADVANCE cuz i cant rent the venue out any other dates ya know.

also i got ****loads of money lyin around. i got a good stock income now :3 bought new stereo, subwoofer, new paint in room, new furniture, bought bigger tv for room gave my old one to sister, etc. CASH FLOW SURPLUS NO DEBTS AROUND
Yea so....wanna throw some my way? = D

izzy24

Smash Ace
what i propose for sfl was to have a list of places that can rotate and host smashfests, like instead of just having zp, that way ppl can go to the ones that are close to them.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
You guys do know I maintain a complete listing of every thing(both Brawl and Melee) that goes on in this state right?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=70386

I even have a list of conflict free dates for people to use as well. What I would like for TOs to do is post whenever they make an official thread for an event they want to host. Awal does this all the time to make sure his stuff gets listed(I know him being NFL wouldn't normally impact much, but it would be nice to give his stuff attention too. He was trying so hard to host a nice regional and it was just blown off by both CFL and SFL hosting their own stuff.)

TO should regularly check the tournament listings section so it will be easier to coordinate dates amongst eachother. I even have contact details for the people who regularly host fests.

I'll be glad to make changes to the listings section in order to help accommodate this proposed system for events in the state.

Also I kinda wanna hear from Hungrybox. FL Melee needs to pick itself up

:rosalina:

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i think i would represent the mindset of sfl opinion of traveling to nfl.

apparently we think were the best and um and we dont need practice and thus we can make money down here or cfl? this applies to our top players imo

also in regards to MY tournament. well first i need to verify my venue (very nice hotel conference room) adjust money, and decide a date where smash/srk can coincide.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
i think i would represent the mindset of sfl opinion of traveling to nfl.

apparently we think were the best and um and we dont need practice and thus we can make money down here or cfl? this applies to our top players imo

also in regards to MY tournament. well first i need to verify my venue (very nice hotel conference room) adjust money, and decide a date where smash/srk can coincide.
I just like to practice at tourneys. I kinda feel like when we hang out regularly we just wanna have fun. Except when we pick a certain day for practice.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
you didnt go to any 1 of the 3 day smashfest. i was quite lonely without ya

fri-zp
sat-masterravens/zp
sun- seibriks house

this is now off-topic-hype-train-time!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
So anyway no objections to this new system?

Benny hill when you get your tri monthly up and running you can always be the secondary tourney in sfl. Other regions can take over secondary positions for the other months

DFEAR

Smash Hero
get another job you got free time. dc has 5 jobs and fulltime student. and he still has time to do **** wtf.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
to get a job you need a car to get a car you need a job...sound about right? my job is in walking distance. im sure you have others as well o.o? I SAW THAT PUBLIX DOWN THE STREET YO!

DFEAR

Smash Hero
ah ur cooler brother ya mean xD. :p.

i hear ya man. just get a nice one on CRAIGSlist lol. get something cheap under 2000.

your dad can srsly help you as well.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
ah ur cooler brother ya mean xD. :p.

i hear ya man. just get a nice one on CRAIGSlist lol. get something cheap under 2000.

your dad can srsly help you as well.
No one in my family has money to help me get a car. My uncles helped my brother but idk if they would for me ^_^;

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Thanks to yours truly.

I bring the pony hype.

Pretty dissapony my Pony Money Match had to be cancelled this weekend :(

I'll be at Gfest though. Is SFL coming to that? ESAM, when are you leaving? Beginning of Aug? Cause my weekends for the 5th and 12th are busy. (not necessarily the 12th.... actually... if you do it this weekend, things could workout really well).

The 14th (sunday) is Mayhemfest... and i'll be in West Palm for that. I'm going to see if me and my friend Zack can crash at my sisters (unless another player wants to host us).
So hypothetically, we could come up the weekend of the 12th, stay, ZP on the 13th (my sisters bday, convinent) and then go to the conert on the 14th.

Idk how that works for you but it's convinient for me XD

/goes to paste this in ZP thread

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
We didn't watch one there. They're going to though.
Also, Bowser vs. Zelda for Ed, and Bowser vs. Falcon for JACK.

gallax

Smash Hero
Me, exdeath, and redhalberd aer trying to put together something that will change the way smash is ran. Each of us are going to organize a club at our local college(UCF/Polk/USF). We are trying to do something like the first week i host a UCF tourney, the next its Polk, and then its USF. Maybe not just that, but something similar. We could also try something along the lines of on the first week of each month we host our local smashfest at each college and then the second week we travel to Polk and the third or 4th week is NLL or something all of Florida can go to.

The point is to try and unite CFL. This means playing against one another. If i can get this club idea going with UCF I can host smashfests there and tournaments and sponsor prizes, same with USF and Polk.

Top Bottom