• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl+ Version Issue

jpfalet

Smash Rookie
My friend and I have both installed hombrew and brawl+ in the exact same conditions, yet he doesn't seem to have all the changes present in the latest official version of brawl+. I have them all however.

For example, when using "rest" with jiggly, he still has the flower effect and not the dark-violet effect...it seems as if he has the physics changed (higher gravity etc...) but not any of the character specific changes (like the jiggly thing)

Could it be that his brawl cd is different from mine (i think this is almost impossible....but is it?), or could it be a problem with his wii (we both updated the firmware at the same time...)?

I really don't get it....we both used the exact same code pack, at the exact same time...still I have all the changes, he doesn't.....

Any ideas?
Thanks

n88

Smash Lord
Sounds like he's missing the PAC files that do indivivual character changes.

jpfalet

Smash Rookie
I forgot to add....another difference is the loading screen:

first of all, as soon as Gecko finishes loading brawl, then brawl starts from the cd...now, what I get after that, instead of the normal wiimote warning thing, is the What if a Buffer screen....but my friend still gets the wiimote warning screen.

Then, there is the black loading screen....what i have is an "X Fun Speed Activating..." at the bottom right instead of the "(brawl logo) Now Loading..." thing...but again, my friend has the old now loading screen....

just felt i should point that out

n88

Smash Lord
Are the PAC files in this directory?:

SD Card/private/wii/app/RSBE/pf/Fighter/[Insert character name here]

jpfalet

Smash Rookie
yes, they all are...but its more like this:

fighter/koopa/fitkoopa.pac

the pac files are in folders...its not just the pac files in the Fighter/ directory if that's what you meant...but yes they are all there

hope it helps

n88

Smash Lord
*Shrugs* ask a mod to move this thread to the Workshop(Sub-forum of General Brawl Discussion), or just ask in the Brawl Hacking Support Thread, which is also in the Workshop. You'll probably find someone more capable of helping you than me.

jpfalet

Smash Rookie
its SDHC....is that, THE PROBLEM??!??!?!?!

EDIT: Yup, I've done a little research about sdhc suppoort, and for all those who wanna know, the texture files are read AFTER brawl is launched, and brawl cannot recognize SDHC so....yeah thats the problem....

Thanks to all

Top Bottom