• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl wasnt ALL bad, just mostly

JUGGERNAUT043

Smash Apprentice
As i keep looking a ganon in brawl box and comparing i notice things about him that were good and tooken away from him in brawl, i know alot are gonna wonder what exactly, 1. hitbox sizes, in brawl he had on most of his key moves had better hitbox sizes to match his beffyer limbs, namely his flip kick, sparta kick, dash attack(oddly captain got to keep his) forward smash( god forbid ganon have a useful disjoint) and his get up attacks, i wont mention the wizkick spike cause i know how many ppl will complain and argue and spew, notabel to mention was his up tilt too its original was huge but weak, seeing as its borderline impossible to land why not let that stay 2. trajectory, ganons forward smash in brawl was far superior than his melee, instead of up which makes no sense anyway it was a few degrees shy of a semi-spike, 3. a notable mention in my oppinion his dash attack, better hitbox, hurt like a mother when it hit initially, could kill a fatty at around 135 or 40, and it didnt fall of the ledge which i have yet to see what tactical effectivness it has anyway, in the end yes melee ganondorf was better as a whole but brawl didnt mess everything up the gameplay just didnt help any, but for any of those who arent melee purist and or fox falco mains who find the logic of the pmbr and sakurai as the infallible word of god thanks for listening ^_^ give feedback :joyful:

Magus420

Smash Master
1) He had the largest hitboxes overall in melee which is what he has now, and all brawl hitboxes on veterans were iirc around 25% larger on average than they were in melee. Before we knew how they compared to or how to port melee hitbox sizes the game felt sloppier overall. Ganon is also smaller in PM than brawl, so of course globally larger hitboxes viewed ontop of a character also scaled down will usually be bigger than what they have now. Brawlbox shows the model at 1x scale, while in game they are scaled using a model size attribute. Ganon's is 1 in brawl and 0.936 in PM, so viewing him in bbox without resizing him will make the hitboxes look smaller than they actually are in game relative to his size. If you change his X/Y/Z scale on TopN bone to 0.936 that will show what it's actually like in PM.

2) I like the up angled melee f-smash KB, but the other angles being strictly worse in damage (up=24/mid=22/low=20), power (up=85kbg/mid=83kbg/low=80kbg ontop of the effect of damage differences), and trajectory (hi=80/mid=70/low=60, where 80 is the best for vertical KOs and 60 is too high to be effective horizontally) is kind of lame. Brawl has 24/24/24 damage, 85/83/80 kbg, and angles 45/40/35 so there's some trade off in power for a more effective horizontal trajectory, with lower angle being more effective instead of worse like on vertical hits.

3) Dash attack in brawl is a bit stronger and sends more upwards, yeah. I could see that being more useful, though it wouldn't kill as well as brawl since most of the cast falls much faster. I'd rather have the edge slip not get in the way with trying to dash behind him than not have it at all, since being able to do stuff like waveland, air jump, and fall out of it facing the direction of your choice with slow turn and shield can be useful.

Nail.exe

Smash Cadet
Looking back, I'm kind of surprised how effectively I was able to main Gdorf before my friends and I switched to Project M. Then again, most of them only really stopped being rubbish after the switch.

Top Bottom