• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl will be as competitive of melee eventually!

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Did Melee have a Nintendo sponsered tournement upon release like Brawl does? How about a gamestop tournement? Even if the older players who formed the melee competitive scene years ago leave brawl in the dust, their will me many other players out there to pick up the torch. Adapt or be left behind its your call.
I wouldn't really call it "left behind." It's more of a "sticking with the more competitive game." If Brawl turns out to be very competitive, I'll play it, even if it means I'll have to be boring and camp the **** out of people to win, but I will always prefer Melee, and if that ends up being more competitive than Brawl, I would be so happy.

EDIT:

How am i suppsota back up a guy that i know that would prolly crush your world? hmmm? he doesnt go to tornements ect ect he doesnt even go here he thinks all of you guys are Ghey so i cant really back it up if you want to find out how melee was suppsota be played go play him and he will beat you and if you dont want to then its just an excuse from you to me

and as for the other guy I am simply trying to state that this is a new game and its not trash like you guys think and why didnt i just say that insted of making a post because its my proof go play him and then tell me AT's SERIOUSLY matter cuz they dont and they dont make a game and if you think that then you shouldnt even be a part of this community

Stab me if im wrong but i thought competeing was about Winning But having to win with exploites ect ect i know your mumbojumbo WD is part of the game ect ect well it was a mistake if you didnt realize IN BRAWL if you want to play a BROKEN game and say its FAIR then go for it but as stated i know a guy who doesnt need YOUR BROKEN crap to beat you
Competitive players would still win against casuals even without wavedashing. Don't delude yourself.

I'm having a hard time reading your post, but is this what you're saying?

-You know this guy that can beat competitive players without using advanced techs
-You claim competitive players need advanced techniques to beat casual players
-You claim advanced techniques are "broken"
-You care that we play differently from how melee "was supposed to be played"

All of the above statements are false. The first one has been proven false countless times, as well as the second one. I don't know what you mean by advanced techs being "broken," but I think you mean cheap, in which case, why don't you get off your lazy butt and learn them if you want to compete? Lastly, I don't give a **** how melee was supposed to be played if the way we play it has more depth and is more fun to us.

EDIT 2: I want sliq here, he deals so nicely with trolls.

Libomasus

Smash Journeyman
How am i suppsota back up a guy that i know that would prolly crush your world? hmmm? he doesnt go to tornements ect ect he doesnt even go here he thinks all of you guys are Ghey so i cant really back it up if you want to find out how melee was suppsota be played go play him and he will beat you and if you dont want to then its just an excuse from you to me

and as for the other guy I am simply trying to state that this is a new game and its not trash like you guys think and why didnt i just say that insted of making a post because its my proof go play him and then tell me AT's SERIOUSLY matter cuz they dont and they dont make a game and if you think that then you shouldnt even be a part of this community

Stab me if im wrong but i thought competeing was about Winning But having to win with exploites ect ect i know your mumbojumbo WD is part of the game ect ect well it was a mistake if you didnt realize IN BRAWL if you want to play a BROKEN game and say its FAIR then go for it but as stated i know a guy who doesnt need YOUR BROKEN crap to beat you
Good for you. I guess our techniques are broken because they look the part right? Not like 7 years of competitive play and tournaments shows that the tournament scene proves it isn't broken or unfair or anything. Sakurai totally balanced the entire game in 2 years, and anything we found and developed over a 7 year timespan are all just cheap and break the game.

RenX

Smash Apprentice
Ummmm yeah that would about sum it up the game is BROKEN
oh btw

dont get me wrong i still love the the game its just broken and i think they fixed Brawl

YIKEs i said something about BRAWL

(FLAME SHIELD ON)

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Did Melee have a Nintendo sponsered tournement upon release like Brawl does? How about a gamestop tournement? Even if the older players who formed the melee competitive scene years ago leave brawl in the dust, their will me many other players out there to pick up the torch. Adapt or be left behind its your call.
They call it MLG, ya heard of it?

bayonettrials

Smash Cadet
Ummmm yeah that would about sum it up the game is BROKEN
oh btw

dont get me wrong i still love the the game its just broken and i think they fixed Brawl

YIKEs i said something about BRAWL

(FLAME SHIELD ON)
I give you my specialized "Yuna" flame shield.

It protects against the troll it was named after.

Have fun!

shadydentist

Smash Lord
Talk is cheap. If you're 'guy' hasn't won anything, it doesn't matter how 'good' he is. The burden of proof is on your end, and you've got nothing to back it up.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yuna isn't a troll. He's been a member of SWF for as long as you've probably been out of diapers. As far as we're concerned the legion of newbies speaking their ******** opinions having never even played melee, brawl, or any other competitive game seriously are all trolls.

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
cookingmama is competitive!!! also Rock-Paper-Scissors!!

the japan people make tournaments of it... everiting can be played competitive

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I hate Yuna.

Anyways it's obviously going to be just as, but more then likely more competitve then Melee.
Yes obviously...what with all the obvious potential of the game and room to grow for certain players to stick out as the best...

or not.

Azen is amazing at brawl because he's amazing at every game, but he almost lost this past weekend in tourney to eggm (who hates brawl and doesnt enjoy playing it at all) who uses pikachu and does nothing but do thunderbolts.

Why?

Because mobility is way too limited in brawl and camping/spamming is just way too good.

edit:: why do i even try on here? LOL you newbies just read (or don't read) the valid points we make then whip out your stupid christian-esque bias of false hope and pretenses and go back to square one.

RenX

Smash Apprentice
Meh you guys are lame if you were real smashers you would go over there just to prove me wrong meh you guys are lame im outty

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Yes obviously...what with all the obvious potential of the game and room to grow for certain players to stick out as the best...

or not.

Azen is amazing at brawl because he's amazing at every game, but he almost lost this past weekend in tourney to eggm (who hates brawl and doesnt enjoy playing it at all) who uses pikachu and does nothing but do thunderbolts.

Why?

Because mobility is way too limited in brawl and camping/spamming is just way too good.

edit:: why do i even try on here? LOL you newbies just read (or don't read) the valid points we make then whip out your stupid christian-esque bias of false hope and pretenses and go back to square one.

Or maybe because he's not used to the game.

No that makes no sense at all I'm crazy.

How is mobility limited? Because of no wavedash?

Seriously, GTFO.

Chopperdave77

Smash Rookie
They call it MLG, ya heard of it?
Of course, but if you read my post carefully i said Upon Release. The fact of the matter is large companies...much larger than the MLG.....are pushing for this game to be competitive....and correct me if im wrong but wasn't melee cut from the MLG card in may.

By the way i loved melee its a great game as was N64....but after years of the same characters and the same techniques and the same people, the melee competitive scene grew stale to me personally (and apparently to the MLG) and im ready for a new chapter in competitive smash play.

Snakeyes

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this thread reeks of pathetic wishful thinking. Just wait til you get the game and let the scene unfold at its own pace.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Or maybe because he's not used to the game.

No that makes no sense at all I'm crazy.

How is mobility limited? Because of no wavedash?

Seriously, GTFO.
He isn't used to the game? Azen has played more hours than anyone so far, what are you talking about?

How is mobility limited? For one yes because of no wavedash. Also because of no dashdancing. Also no JC grabbing. Also the speed in which you move is slower. Also ledge-grab lag.

How is mobility NOT limited?

You really don't know what you're talking about and you are going to be a nothing in any game you ever try to play.

"GTFO"

Ti11erTheKi11er

Smash Apprentice
Wow.....well the reason i posted this topic is because i heard people already don't want to play the game cause it is competitive enough......it has not even ****ing released in america yet and people think it sucks and bashing it.........All i can say is heh think what you wanna i'm a waut till the 8th go to the tournament play hardcore and prove people otherwise :)

GL in brawl

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
He isn't used to the game? Azen has played more hours than anyone so far, what are you talking about?

How is mobility limited? For one yes because of no wavedash. Also because of no dashdancing. Also no JC grabbing. Also the speed in which you move is slower. Also ledge-grab lag.

How is mobility NOT limited?

You really don't know what you're talking about and you are going to be a nothing in any game you ever try to play.

"GTFO"
He's played Melee for so long he's getting used to it and screwing up I bet.

You've never EVER seen me play a game before yet you I'm going to be a nobody in any game I'll play?

You're acting like the fact that the game is (at the moment) a bit slower it's automatically worse. Some people might prefer that.

You're kidding yourself if you actually think Brawl won't be as competitve as Melee.

RednaXale

Smash Apprentice
Wah wah wah...
Someone is good at pressing buttons then the sequence changes and they are to lazy to start over.
I play this game for fun, it is my favorite fighting game. Personally, I don't think having a "Professional Smash Bros. Player" on your resume is going to help.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
New rule, nobody registered before 2008 is allowed to post until 2009. That would solve all of these boards problems.

Just because it has a competitive scene doesn't mean the game itself is competitive. It's meant to be a party game, period. They took everything else out. Maybe we'll get lucky and figure something out to change that, but it seems they spent the last 7 years preventing us from doing that. Look at who I'm arguing with, a legion of February 2008 joiners. Don't you guys realize you all sound like idiots?

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord
Anyone who thinks Wavedashing is necessary on the same level as something like L-Canceling is an idiot. L-Canceling reduces lag and allows the flow of the game to go almost uninterupted. Wavedashing lets you go about half as fast you you run. Whoopie. (Luigi doesn't count <<)

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Lol at the people saying Brawl will be more or just as competitive as Melee.

You guys are even worse then the people saying it won’t be competitive(at lest things seem to be pointing towards their side).

Seriously, no one has any way of proving that Brawl will be competitive. Unless you have a way of predicting the future (which in that case, you should be famous worldwide and, incredibly rich).

I’m not saying it won’t be competitive, we might find out some game breaking techs, but, I am saying that there’s no guarantees.

On that note, this thread title is foolish.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Don't you mean after?
This is your most intelligent post ever. Yes, i mean after. :D

Also, wavedashing is very important, but i agree removing l cancelling was much worse of a decision.

Wavedashing was great for mindgames, speeding up platform play, and overall mobility/turning around but oh well, we can live without. There's much worse things they did than take out wavedashing

IWontGetOverTheDam

Smash Lord

You guys are even worse then the people saying it won’t be competitive(at lest things seem to be pointing towards their side).

Seriously, no one has any way of proving that Brawl will be competitive. Unless you have a way of predicting the future (which in that case, you should be famous worldwide and, incredibly rich).

I’m not saying it won’t be competitive, we might find out some game breaking techs, but, I am saying that there’s no guarantees.

You don't know that it won't be competative. I know that Brawl will have a competative fanbase. Maybe it won't be as big as Melee's community who refuse to get over the fact that wavedashing is gone, but there will be a community nonetheless.

Catfish_Mike

Smash Cadet

We're worse how? Because we're opposed to the opinion of a bunch of people who have high post counts? Please, obvious troll is obvious.

New rule, nobody registered before 2008 is allowed to post until 2009. That would solve all of these boards problems.

Just because it has a competitive scene doesn't mean the game itself is competitive. It's meant to be a party game, period. They took everything else out. Maybe we'll get lucky and figure something out to change that, but it seems they spent the last 7 years preventing us from doing that. Look at who I'm arguing with, a legion of February 2008 joiners. Don't you guys realize you all sound like idiots?
I'm prety sure you mean after 2008. As for "it's meant to be BLAHBLAH", that's as stupid as the item-whores saying "The game is meant to be played with items tourney***s are noobs LOLOLOL!". If those of us who choose Brawl over Melee want to make it competitive, then we'll make it so.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
You don't know that it won't be competative. I know that Brawl will have a competative fanbase. Maybe it won't be as big as Melee's community who refuse to get over the fact that wavedashing is gone, but there will be a community nonetheless.

Read what you quote next time.

Sad to, you got points with me when you pointed out the overlooked fact that L-cancel> Wavedash but, then you had to throw it all away.

Seriously, were do you get the idea that “if” the competitive stayed with Melee, it would be because of nostalgia towards Wavedash?

They’d be other reasons. Some that have presented themselves already.

Edit:
These boards have been soooo slow for me lately…

We're worse how? Because we're opposed to the opinion of a bunch of people who have high post counts? Please, obvious troll is obvious.
Take a breather.
You missed the point by a mile.

I'm saying you over optimistic people are worse because you're acting like you know the future which you don't.
At lest the people being pessimistic have solid reasons to back them up.

battousai555

Smash Ace
Bottom line is brawl is not a good competitive game thus far, and it may never be. The difference between n64-->melee and melee--> brawl is that n64--> melee they looked to expand play by (adding wavedashing, DI, teching, etc) whereas into brawl they looked to simplify it (removing wavedashing, teching, dashdancing, and making people floatier to take away combos and float back to the ledge, while adding in auto-sweetspot and ledge-grab lag to make everything easier).
Teching and dashdancing are still in, though dashdancing doesn't seem to be as useful. Also, you forgot to include the most important tech removed from Brawl (L-cancelling).

...Try passing English next year.
Ad hominem does nothing but incite a flame war.

Catfish_Mike

Smash Cadet
But they really don't have solid reasons. They have, at most, a month of play time. That barely lends them any credence. If in six months to a year, after a good number of tournaments have been run and whatever meta-game Brawl is hiding has been coaxed out(or not as the case may be), people still say that Brawl can't be competitive, then I'll listen to their judgment. Until then, it's all just noise.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
But they really don't have solid reasons. They have, at most, a month of play time. That barely lends them any credence. If in six months to a year, after a good number of tournaments have been run and whatever meta-game Brawl is hiding has been coaxed out(or not as the case may be), people still say that Brawl can't be competitive, then I'll listen to their judgment. Until then, it's all just noise.
Pertaining to the part I underlined:
Let’s see.
-No L-cancel, a tech that allowed slow characters to cover up there weakness and, compete with the faster characters(No L-cancel promotes less roster diversity). It also allowed for more safe approaches and, combos.
-Dashdancing seems to not even be worth it and, it gives a higher chance of tripping, which brings me to my next point.
-Tripping. A random mechanic that just plainly goes against competitive play (nothing random is good for competition. It doesn’t even have a reason to be there…).
-Tether recovery. In a attempt to dumb it down, they made tether recovery characters go at a big disadvantage (again, promotes less roster diversity) towards good ledge hoggers (which btw, has also been dumbed down, seeing as now characters auto-sweet spot the ledge).
-Which brings me to edge hogging (when you roll of the ledge to stop you’re opponent from grabbing onto it). This has been reduced to a very small window of time, making it almost, if not, useless.
-Everybody is much more “floatie” (or w/e the cool people call it nowadays) and, hit stun is greatly reduced, meaning even less combo potential.
-And, lets not forget everybody’s favorite. No wavedashing. Glitch/exploit/tech or, whatever you want to call it doesn't matter. Fact is, it opened up a lot of options for players meaning, more diverse playstyles. Which is good for competition.

I’m sure others that I’m missing some.
It’s sad and, not something I like to hear ether, but you can’t ignore it. Brawl pessimist have reasons.
Not like they "want" Brawl to be less competitively viable. But, they have their reasons that it will be.

As for the rest of the quote:
The same can be said for the over optimistic side. Except much worse because, the optimistic have nothing to back up their claim (don’t even dare mentioning online. There’s plenty of games that are online and, have a meager if any, competitive scene) .

The games been only out for a mouth so no one has the right the claim that it will become as competitive or, more then Melee.
See where I’m getting at?
Sadly there’s nothing to suggest that Brawl “will” be competitive. So, it’s just foolish to say something like that.

After time, if people find some things out that total change the game, then yeah, that would be great.
But, for now, there’s nothing that suggest that it will be competitive but, there are things that suggest otherwise…

Catfish_Mike

Smash Cadet
You basically said the exact same thing as in your previous post, so like I replied before; one month of play time is not enough to lend anyone weight to their arguments. Melee vets = Brawl noobs. Their opinions mean virtually nothing at this point.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
You basically said the exact same thing as in your previous post, so like I replied before; one month of play time is not enough to lend anyone weight to their arguments. Melee vets = Brawl noobs. Their opinions mean virtually nothing at this point.
Way to refute my points...
Here, I'll simplify it for you.

Tell me this.

If you take away from something, you must add equal or, more, for it to be the same or greater then it was before, right?

Well since Brawl lost all of the noted above and, seemingly nothing was discovered to be added yet, then isn't it foolish to say that Brawl "will" be greater competitively, correct?

That's my point.
The people that say Brawl will be less then Melee competitively have reasons to believe so at this time (one month into the game).

While, the people that say that it will be just as good or, greater have absolutely no reasons to believe so (except a sense of faith) at this time.

That's why this tread is completely wrong. Not only does no one have any reason to believe that Brawl will be more competitive but, there's actually reason to believe in the exact opposite.

No one is right, seeing as how it’s only been one month.
However, the pessimist have more reason to believe in their view as opposed to the optimist.
Hence, where the thread fails.

Get the point now?

Rizzen`

Smash Rookie
I agree with the poster who stated that melee veterans will not have a huge effect on brawl. What they will have an effect on is the future of melee. If the competitive community for melee feels that brawl is not the way they want to go, they will stick with melee. Thus they determine melee's future. I personally feel that the competitive community of melee will not bring in new members once brawl is released by claiming their game is faster and more advanced. Once someone who is new to smash, or who has never become competitive with melee and (this is key) participated in tournaments and was active in the scene, they will not choose melee. Someone who lives in a isolated area with no tournament scene, even if he loves the speed of melee, but cannot afford to get into the scene due to location or money will either adapt to brawl to become competitive through internet communities or give up the game entirely. You could argue a friend point, but assuming 4 friends, there is a good chance 2 or 3 will choose brawl, leaving him where he was previously.

I think there should be a split between what is defined as the competitive scene and the tournament scene. Many people play "competitively" by definition. To win, to be the best. The only ones who are actually filmed and given prestige however are winners or skilled players at tournaments. Due to isolated areas, lack of a social life, friends, competitive melee players must adapt, remain isolated in groups of 2 minimum, or give up the game. Adapting will allow them to remain competitive with internet communities.

Tournament competitions, yes, melee veterans will have a huge impact on melee tournaments. I would assume their maturity level to be higher than to actually make an attempt to bring brawlers to melee, so I would personally assume with a lack of influx of new competition, a community will die out one by one. So while I completely agree brawl is not as competitive as melee, arguing it has no competitive value, for whatever reason, is rather silly. I could be completely wrong, and I'm sure some of my points could be argued and stripped and I am someone who encourages discussion but without needless accusations or flames. Remember we are using opinions, not facts here.

Final Statement: Brawlers can be defined as noobs or however you like, but regardless, isolated players who wavedash/l-cancel who are equally distraught about the speed and simplicity of brawl will either give up melee, adapt to brawl for wi-fi tournaments, or remain playing with a small group of friends who are not counted as competitive because they do not tournament at all. So I really feel we should start to split "competitive" into regular competitive by tourney rules, and actual tournaments themselves, before you start to say the competitive melee scene will have an effect on brawl's competitive scene, because they will not. They will have an effect on melee's future tournament scene, nothing more, in my opinion. -Barry

Thanks for reading, and remember, Just my opinion, no offense.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I agree with the poster who stated that melee veterans will not have a huge effect on brawl. What they will have an effect on is the future of melee. If the competitive community for melee feels that brawl is not the way they want to go, they will stick with melee. Thus they determine melee's future. I personally feel that the competitive community of melee will not bring in new members once brawl is released by claiming their game is faster and more advanced. Once someone who is new to smash, or who has never become competitive with melee and (this is key) participated in tournaments and was active in the scene, they will not choose melee. Someone who lives in a isolated area with no tournament scene, even if he loves the speed of melee, but cannot afford to get into the scene due to location or money will either adapt to brawl to become competitive through internet communities or give up the game entirely. You could argue a friend point, but assuming 4 friends, there is a good chance 2 or 3 will choose brawl, leaving him where he was previously.

I think there should be a split between what is defined as the competitive scene and the tournament scene. Many people play "competitively" by definition. To win, to be the best. The only ones who are actually filmed and given prestige however are winners or skilled players at tournaments. Due to isolated areas, lack of a social life, friends, competitive melee players must adapt, remain isolated in groups of 2 minimum, or give up the game. Adapting will allow them to remain competitive with internet communities.

Tournament competitions, yes, melee veterans will have a huge impact on melee tournaments. I would assume their maturity level to be higher than to actually make an attempt to bring brawlers to melee, so I would personally assume with a lack of influx of new competition, a community will die out one by one. So while I completely agree brawl is not as competitive as melee, arguing it has no competitive value, for whatever reason, is rather silly. I could be completely wrong, and I'm sure some of my points could be argued and stripped and I am someone who encourages discussion but without needless accusations or flames. Remember we are using opinions, not facts here.

Final Statement: Brawlers can be defined as noobs or however you like, but regardless, isolated players who wavedash/l-cancel who are equally distraught about the speed and simplicity of brawl will either give up melee, adapt to brawl for wi-fi tournaments, or remain playing with a small group of friends who are not counted as competitive because they do not tournament at all. So I really feel we should start to split "competitive" into regular competitive by tourney rules, and actual tournaments themselves, before you start to say the competitive melee scene will have an effect on brawl's competitive scene, because they will not. They will have an effect on melee's future tournament scene, nothing more, in my opinion. -Barry

Thanks for reading, and remember, Just my opinion, no offense.
I don't really agree with anything that you say, but I would just like to point out that major brawl tournaments will NOT be done via wi-fi. Just like major tournaments for other games tend not to be done online. What stops me from sitting next to azen and going "Ok azen, its my turn, grab my controller and play". Then we get top 2 and split the money since theyre both azen. Also, controllers mods will be an issue if its wifi.

Wifi tournaments arent practical, EVEN if they didnt lag (which they do).

So sorry brawl newbs, still have to travel to tournaments.

Chaotic-Strike

Smash Cadet
Without advanced techs, Melee has no depth. Depth is a vital ingredient for a competitive game. So we can safely say that advanced techniques are what Melee so competitive.

Also, can you please not be an ass?

You're "confident enough to not use spell check," yet you have at least 9 mistakes (just from taking a quick look at your post). Hello? Are you trying to get people to laugh at you?
It is true that they made melee competitive but saying that brawl will not be as competitive due to some of the techs. it lost was the main point I was getting at. Personally I dont care much about melee techs as you guys do but I strongly disagree with brawl supposly being less competitive or worse than melee

As for your little spell check charade

I wouldnt care if they did laugh at me as far as I know every human being makes mistakes in sentences. Im sorry to tell you but you are simply wasteing your time looking for mistakes in my 2nd post. If you truely found 9 mistakes without spell check than you arent just taking quick looks.

I dont use spell check simply because most people are smart enough to read and to understand. Unless they have some problem to struggle reading anything without a period or comma which *gasp* people will do.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
This thread is so funny. Ill re-enact this thread quickly.

Brawl pessimist: "Brawl may not be good because....*lays out many many reasons*"

Brawl optimist: "Brawl will lyke ttly b amazing no mttr wht ok???"

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
cookingmama is competitive!!! also Rock-Paper-Scissors!!

the japan people make tournaments of it... everiting can be played competitive
That doesn't mean it's worth playing. Dead or Alive 4 is competitive AND has online, but people ignore it because there are way better fighters out there.
So many people around here are unwilling to even accept the possibility that Brawl could end up less competitive than Melee.

I hear so many morons spouting this crap about how the Melee competitive community is going to be "left behind" and how this new group is going to appear and pick up the reigns of Smash.

Guess what, n00bs. It's the experienced Melee vets like Gimpyfish and Ryoko that will shape the competitive Brawl scene.
Out of their great love and devotion to Smash, they will rip the game apart, analyzing every character, every stage and every frame of every attack. They will decide, through their discoveries, how Competitive Brawl turns out, not some overzealous n00bs.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
This thread is so funny. Ill re-enact this thread quickly.

Brawl pessimist: "Brawl may not be good because....*lays out many many reasons*"

Brawl optimist: "Brawl will lyke ttly b amazing no mttr wht ok???"
^Pretty much.

Only time will tell which side is right.

Chaotic-Strike

Smash Cadet
Way to refute my points...
Here, I'll simplify it for you.

Tell me this.

If you take away from something, you must add equal or, more, for it to be the same or greater then it was before, right?

Well since Brawl lost all of the noted above and, seemingly nothing was discovered to be added yet, then isn't it foolish to say that Brawl "will" be greater competitively, correct?

That's my point.
The people that say Brawl will be less then Melee competitively have reasons to believe so at this time (one month into the game).

While, the people that say that it will be just as good or, greater have absolutely no reasons to believe so (except a sense of faith) at this time.

That's why this tread is completely wrong. Not only does no one have any reason to believe that Brawl will be more competitive but, there's actually reason to believe in the exact opposite.

No one is right, seeing as how it’s only been one month.
However, the pessimist have more reason to believe in their view as opposed to the optimist.
Hence, where the thread fails.

Get the point now?
Your post reminded me of this
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base_rate_fallacy

Top Bottom