• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl with 3D glasses??????

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
Just an idea inspired by the super bowl, but I remember a while ago that people were able to mod Halo 3 to make the screenshots 3D. I wonder if brawl could be made 3D due to homebrew?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Yes, then we can experience whorenado spam in another dimension.
Best plan ever.

NonY-kun

Smash Rookie
Brawl is technically a 2d fighter, so how would this even work?...

F3NiiX

Smash Apprentice
I have no idea, I just remember that they did it with Halo 3. Maybe the characters will stick out more from the background, or maybe we'll be able to see roy and pichu on the character selection screen XD.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Brawl is technically a 2d fighter, so how would this even work?...
^This.

It wouldn't really work.... xD Because nothing would really "jump out" at you... LOL, unless like... For off the top KO's, and when the character hits the screen. But I don't think that's worth wearing the glasses and getting a headache... <.<

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I actually thought about this a while back when I was thinking about Bloody Valentine. Anyways, it could work. The character and stages would stick out from the background. Imagine what Lylat Cruise would look like.

On the other hand, I imagine as the camera zooms in on characters when they are in close range, they'll stick out further from the screen in 3d. That'd be kind of weird. o.O

mofo_

Smash Ace
theres a code that makes the characters go closer and farther from the camera, so maybe with some color changes it can work

D

Deleted member

ehm, this is quite easy, but only works on screenshots and requires some practise.
basically pause, take desired screenshot, then slighty (VERY slighty) pan left of right and slightly turn the camera accordingly, then take the second screenshot.
now you have 2 screenshot that are stereoscopic (maybe the wrong term).

with some photoshopping and a pair of 3D glasses you can have true 3D screens

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I hear there are some special boxes that can make you TV 3D. Why couldn't you apply it to Brawl?

Nicole

Smash Champion
i did this during friendlies at the last tournament i was at. gave me a huge headache, but i won!

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
^This.

It wouldn't really work.... xD Because nothing would really "jump out" at you... LOL, unless like... For off the top KO's, and when the character hits the screen. But I don't think that's worth wearing the glasses and getting a headache... <.<
I'd pay 50 bucks to see Meta Knight bashing his face against my screen twice a match. (notice I say twice and not three times. :<)

POKE40

Smash Lord
this got bumped so freakn' far... I could see my post from a month ago lol.

Now that I thought of it... playing 3d'd brawl would be a PAIN
how in the world would you play 2 players?
...don't mention split screen...lol

yet...I would be like *omg! OMG! omg!* *owned
Final Smashes would be rly something though.

Top Bottom