• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox and CSS Organizer for mac

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Can you upload this to Megaupload? I ****ing hate rapidshare, I accidentally resfreshed the page and now I can't download the file!

E: Downloaded the lates package and this showed up, gonna try the earlier versions

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
I have found the reason for the install errors-it is an error in the preinstall script I wrote. This is why the error has only happened to newcomers.

EDIT: I am currently working on a fix for this error, expect an upload by 2morrow.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Thank you for the quick reply, I tried looking around the thread to find people with the same issues but apparently missed the solution..
Anyhow, I got Brawlbox 1.1 working though it gave me couple of errors first, I'm trying to convert mp3 or wav (basically any music file that works) files to brsmt files. How do I do this in brawlbox? Thanks

E: I found the way but Brawlbox 1.1 gives me an error and jams

EE: I actually tried the open package contents earlier when reading this thread but it still gives me that same error, thanks for your help :)

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
Thank you for the quick reply, I tried looking around the thread to find people with the same issues but apparently missed the solution..
Anyhow, I got Brawlbox 1.1 working though it gave me couple of errors first, I'm trying to convert mp3 or wav (basically any music file that works) files to brsmt files. How do I do this in brawlbox? Thanks

E: I found the way but Brawlbox 1.1 gives me an error and jams

EE: I actually tried the open package contents earlier when reading this thread but it still gives me that same error, thanks for your help :)
Again, please note that only basic BrawlBox features will work in my build - it is only meant for basic replacement features(texture hacking works), and uses Wine to run. If you want this to have more features available, complain to These People. They need to get .NET 3.5 up and running on Wine.

The only way currently to get more advanced features is to get a VM of Windows on your computer.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Again, please note that only basic BrawlBox features will work in my build - it is only meant for basic replacement features(texture hacking works), and uses Wine to run. If you want this to have more features available, complain to These People. They need to get .NET 3.5 up and running on Wine.

The only way currently to get more advanced features is to get a VM of Windows on your computer.
Ok, so there is no way to convert mp3s to brsmt on Mac, thanks for the info

cmart

Smash Lord

As a devoted mac user who's been modding various games for some time, I have to say that waiting for someone else to release the tools you need is a waste of time. Unless you personally know someone working on it that you can bug, you'll still be waiting years later.

Suck it up, and get a VM on your computer. If you're broke, Virtual Box is free, all newer macs come with Boot Camp, and there are less reputable ways to get either a better VM or a windows license.

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
As a devoted mac user who's been modding various games for some time, I have to say that waiting for someone else to release the tools you need is a waste of time. Unless you personally know someone working on it that you can bug, you'll still be waiting years later.

Suck it up, and get a VM on your computer. If you're broke, Virtual Box is free, all newer macs come with Boot Camp, and there are less reputable ways to get either a better VM or a windows license.
I know, and I actually DO have a VM myself. The reason that I am not taking your point of view is that Wine, being used to port hundreds of games to Linux/BSD/Solaris/Mac doesn't support .NET 3.5 yet, I think it is something that will be resolved relatively soon. There are HUGE amounts of forum boards that are .NET 3.5 complaint forums. We aren't the only ones complaining.

^Bad grammar^

Moogi

Smash Apprentice

I would, but until I'm not broke, or find our old OS package with Windows XP, I'm stuck with this version. Can't say I really trust going for Virtual Box, since it isn't truly 'official'.

Now, if this project could become a native version of BB for Mac, I'd gladly say no to Boot Camp.. that or if this project is able to become near flawless on Wine.

(only problem is I want to use Sawnds and a Hex Editor as well... there goes hope of Colours/Free Riders Sonic in my Brawl)

cmart

Smash Lord
Yeah, tbh Virtual Box just gets the job done and is free. My own recommendation would be VmWare, but I believe it costs something like $80. Doubt anyone's gonna pick that up just for smash modding.

I guess the point I was trying to make was that people who are serious about modding should put in effort of their own to get things working now, rather than waiting around for something that might not happen.

As for .net 3.5.... I can't really say I share your opinion Flafla. I've been loosely following that for a while now (at least a year, maybe longer) and I've yet to see anything promising. Not to mention that .net is a moving platform - Iirc the latest BB uses .net 4.0, so even if 3.5 is doable with wine, you still won't be able to use the latest BB... assuming it hasn't changed even more by that time.

As strange as this may sound, I don't mean to come off so negative. I guess I just feel that I've been there before (waiting fruitlessly for devs to port apps) and have found being proactive to be a better solution.

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
Good news! Wine 1.3 addresses the .NET installation issues! Yaaaayyy! So, MAYBE we can not worry about any of this .NET stuff! However, Mike Krogenberg hasn't yet built Wine 1.3 for mac yet...

Kinkaku

Smash Rookie
I know this question has already been asked, and I know that it has been answered, but using that meathod isn't working for mine. I run a Mac 10.6.3 and the newest version fails once it is about to install. I am currently downloading 1.1 to see if that will work on my computer. Also, do I need to download CSS Organizer to make BrawlBox work?

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I know this question has already been asked, and I know that it has been answered, but using that meathod isn't working for mine. I run a Mac 10.6.3 and the newest version fails once it is about to install. I am currently downloading 1.1 to see if that will work on my computer. Also, do I need to download CSS Organizer to make BrawlBox work?
Not sure where it is, but look back a little in this topic, he solved it for me.

Also... I now have a Windows laptop. I can still use BrawlBox when I'm on my Mac, but at least I have an alternative :p

Kinkaku

Smash Rookie
Not sure where it is, but look back a little in this topic, he solved it for me.

Also... I now have a Windows laptop. I can still use BrawlBox when I'm on my Mac, but at least I have an alternative :p
I looked through the whole topic and found the solution, but it still isn't working. Anyways, I just deleted a whole crapload of programs off of my brothers really old PC and I am going to use that to do this.

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
Wow, this thread is dead...
Anyway, I am trying out using Wineskin for this port, as opposed to Winebottler, because i think the Winebottler project is dead :_(. Anyway, wineskin does have its kinks, but it still is an alternative. I think I will come out with a Wineskin build in the near future.

Moogi

Smash Apprentice
I wish I knew about computer programming/software creating and porting, because this is becoming harder and harder to see much more progress....

In other news, I got a decent Windows 7 laptop, so I now have BrawlBox access on both Mac (partially) and PC.

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
Yay, update time! I recently updated the app to Wineskin! Also, the winetricks utility(the one I use to install .NET) is slowly starting to work around bugs in the .NET 3.5 installer. As of now there really isn't much progress that helps BrawlBox, but we should keep our fingers crossed for more progress!

Now I will update CSS organizer. Since it is simpler, maybe we will find better luck!

Flafla2

Smash Cadet
:\ Any chance of these download links getting updated?
Hi, I'm back from the dead! Currently working on a new version. Wine has had a LOT of updates concerning dot net, and it is almost a perfect port. However I am still experiencing some problems with the model viewer - it works until you resize the window.

As soon as I have a working version I will upload.

EDIT: New thread up! http://smashboards.com/threads/mac-smash-tools-for-mac-brawlbox-css-organizer-codemanager.340182/

Top Bottom