• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox Q&A and Help Thread

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
My info.pac worked right after i posted here lol :p

But the problem is my music.... I cant really explain it well but ill try haha

I have replaced Final Destination with one of my custom music and it plays for 40sec ~ 1min and an another song randomly plays over it. Having the same problem for Battlefield (melee) the song plays for awhile and randomly an another song plays over it.

I thought it was the file but the file plays fine on iTunes so what could be the problem?
Also how do i de-frag my SD card? havent de-fraged a SD card before >.>

Thanks

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Yup, I'm sure it needs a de-frag.

How to de-frag on Windows:
Connect your SD Card to your computer, then go to "My Computer", look for your SD Card and Right Click it, click on "Properties", then "Tools" and choose de-frag.

Mecha the Slag

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this question is obvious but I am awfully new to BrawlBox (only discovered it this morning).

Is it possible to export characters with working bones (and possibly animations)?

I couldn't help but notice that BrawlBox has an inbuild viewer. It shows some characters (ex. Mario) flawlessly with all bones, animations and textures perfectly rendered. Since BrawlBox is able to read and render this, it should also be possible for it to save it in a common readable format (ms3d, 3ds or equal). At least, that's how I imagined it in my head.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Hey anyone knows how to put your own custom menu background on brawl with brawlbox?
Thanks
Yeah dude u need BrawlBox, if u open up ur "mu_mainmenu.pac" in BrawlBox, u can change it by going to Misc Data (3), then clicking on the textures folder in there, go to the bottom file which should be 1024 x 1024 in dimensions and right click on that, then click replace and select the file you want, make sure your dimensions are 1024 x 1024. I think the file is called factory_background but i dono.

Edit: Also does anyone know how to add a background to the stage select screen? Heres my vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBSnZuDJXpQ

toki

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3582-9503-2397
@Anakin
Hey thanks for the help but when i tried it, and tried to go on the menu screen it gives me a white screen and it freezes.
Is it because my Menu.pac file was too large? the image was 1.45mb PNG file.

Cheers

febs

Smash Cadet
could someone explain how do i change my character portrait i already have all the csp files needed

AKZuM

Smash Rookie
How High is the learning curve for hacking? Like, How hard would it be for someone with zero knowledge of brawlbox to get into it?

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
How High is the learning curve for hacking? Like, How hard would it be for someone with zero knowledge of brawlbox to get into it?
for texture hacking its about a 4/10 difficulty

BRSTM making i give a 5/10 (finding loop points on some songs are hard lol)

thats all i know how to do lol

Blackhawk

Smash Rookie
Okay, I'm not sure if I'm in the right place here or not, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I want to add a module to a stage (Here New Pork City) that allows a specific character (Here Ike) to do a special taunt only on that stage, similar to Snake's Codec on Shadow Moses Island, but not specific to the opposing character. I just need some direction on how to add such a module (If possible) and how to make it trigger a special attack when the taunt command is inputted. Any help/confirmation that this is indeed impossible would be appreciated

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Okay, I'm not sure if I'm in the right place here or not, so please correct me if I'm wrong. I want to add a module to a stage (Here New Pork City) that allows a specific character (Here Ike) to do a special taunt only on that stage, similar to Snake's Codec on Shadow Moses Island, but not specific to the opposing character. I just need some direction on how to add such a module (If possible) and how to make it trigger a special attack when the taunt command is inputted. Any help/confirmation that this is indeed impossible would be appreciated
Might be possible but really hard though you'd probably have to make a new animation in brawlbox and have to edit the moveset ti use that new animation

#1Meleemaster

Smash Rookie
I'm completely new to Brawlbox, and I can't get it to work. I have the correct framework, but every time I try to open it, I get a message saying it stopped working. I've downloaded two different versions of Brawlbox, extracted them in my C drive, didn't work, and even extracted them on my desktop, but get the same result.

What's going on?! :(

Blackhawk

Smash Rookie
Might be possible but really hard though you'd probably have to make a new animation in brawlbox and have to edit the moveset ti use that new animation
I can use an existing animation if that will work? The part I need to figure out is getting the stage to respond correctly when the character taunts

Zenox the Chimera

Smash Journeyman
Moar info plz?
I'm assuming you were talking to me?

IF you were, what I meant was, I need to make some blocks appear on one side, move across to the other, teleport back, and start over again. I thought I could do this by going into the AnmChr file in brawlbox and doing it there, but the animation only has one frame, and NONE of the buttons gave me more. Am I doing it the wrong way and is there a better way to do it or am I just missing something?

eskimojedi20x6

Smash Rookie
I'm having a little trouble with CSS editing with BrawlBox. Each time I make changes to the common5.pac, everything works but after a match, the damage given number for all characters is 0%. I know it's not a big deal, but it annoys me since I like to see how well I did in battle.

Game.Over

Smash Rookie
Hi I,m having issues with brawl box when it come to looping my .wav file. My wav. file actual size (52,2mb) but when I open brawl box and I go to file, new, brstm audio stream and select my .wav file it only gives me this (Start 0) and (End 174) ''in other word 174 samples'' which is not even a second of looping ive tested my wav. file and it does play the whole thing. I would really aprreciated help for this thanks!

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'm having a problem with my music on Smashville. I hear it's actually a common thing and may be due to the "Saturday Night" songs where KK comes out to play.

My problem in short is that a lot of my assigned songs don't play and only one KK song plays. This is really irritating since Smashville is my favorite stage in both looks and music.

I looked around for info on the Saturday Night songs but couldn't find out how to fix it. Is there a way to turn off the KK feature? I understand that it's on a timer/done at specific times... so anything to trick him into never showing up? My knowledge of hacking Brawl is limited to knowing where everything goes and knowing how to work the many apps that you fine people have made so a PMed tutorial or look would be awesome.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Hi I,m having issues with brawl box when it come to looping my .wav file. My wav. file actual size (52,2mb) but when I open brawl box and I go to file, new, brstm audio stream and select my .wav file it only gives me this (Start 0) and (End 174) ''in other word 174 samples'' which is not even a second of looping ive tested my wav. file and it does play the whole thing. I would really aprreciated help for this thanks!
Try exporting it under a different name and try it again

I'm having a problem with my music on Smashville. I hear it's actually a common thing and may be due to the "Saturday Night" songs where KK comes out to play.

My problem in short is that a lot of my assigned songs don't play and only one KK song plays. This is really irritating since Smashville is my favorite stage in both looks and music.

I looked around for info on the Saturday Night songs but couldn't find out how to fix it. Is there a way to turn off the KK feature? I understand that it's on a timer/done at specific times... so anything to trick him into never showing up? My knowledge of hacking Brawl is limited to knowing where everything goes and knowing how to work the many apps that you fine people have made so a PMed tutorial or look would be awesome.
Replace the Night time file with one from the day time and it should work never tried it though

Hapi-San

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if this has been answered elsewhere, but I've searched and haven't found it, so.. yeah. :3

I'm trying to create new CSPs (I know where they go, this isn't a question on that), and to make them "perfect", I'm using the trophy models to display them. Two questions about this, however:

1) On all models, the eyes are either completely white, or the eye texture is repeated and looks really really odd. (This usually happens with Kirby.) Is there a(n easy) way to fix this?

2) Is there a list somewhere of the exact position/rotations for the trophies to match up to the CSPs? It would be a very useful thing to have.

Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom