• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Suggestions for next update:

Make it able to create new CHR0 to create new animations
Make it able to copy over animation data
Make it easier to insert new frames into a move

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Suggestions for next update:

Make it able to create new CHR0 to create new animations
Make it able to copy over animation data
Make it easier to insert new frames into a move
1. You can already import another animation from another character (or the same character) and edit from there.

2. If you mean between characters it is already possible, if you mean in the same character, you can do that with PSA.

3. It is possible already, but I guess it could be easier.

You should be happy with this update for now though, it just came out.

walter01

Smash Cadet
If anyone wants a folder with a pcs, pac, and FitMotionEtc pac for every character tell me and ill upload it when i have time.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
So now, the only thing left is model importing... For now, though, I'd like to see a few tools to make the tedious parts of animation creating a little easier. For example, the option to automatically copy all the data for all or several bones and put that data into one or many frames, without having to copy/paste every bit of data for every bone into every frame you want it to appear. Also, the option to delete all keyframes in a single animation. Things like that, just refinement of what's already there.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
1. You can already import another animation from another character (or the same character) and edit from there.
I meant a blank T-stanced

2. If you mean between characters it is already possible, if you mean in the same character, you can do that with PSA.
I meant copy all the translations and stuff instead of having to copy paste for every single bone

3. It is possible already, but I guess it could be easier.

You should be happy with this update for now though, it just came out.
BTW, they are just suggestions. I'm not going "Hurrr, I must animation, Hurrr". But alot of what is holding this back is the inability to create new animations from scratch w/o tediously spending time to copy paste everything to the point where you are already too lazy to make the move animated.

PND

Smash Champion
I have animations for Waluigi (on top of Ike) pretty much done. I need to tweak his running (he runs on spot continuously, so I'll probably just use Samus's instead of Waluigi's AT Run) and it looks awesome. Well, it looks goofy on Ike, but once we can import Waluigi's model I assume it'll look alright. It looks fine in BrawlBox's preview anyway.

I'm sitting tight until the model importing comes along at any rate. I'll be texturing him to make him team friendly when I get back from my weekend travels and I'll probably release the FitIkeMotion file for you guys to mess with. I have a friend/fellow smasher who'll likely be working on the PSA for him, so yeah. IT'S WALUIGI TIME!

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
:3
ahhh ok NOW i can get back into the game... with a fully customized moveset. gonna be sexy :3

;)

thx Kryal

also a recomendation for the next version. allow us to add/drop frames from the animation editor portion

other than that i havent seen any bugs so far.
non of the things i've heard about

:)

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I have animations for Waluigi (on top of Ike) pretty much done. I need to tweak his running (he runs on spot continuously, so I'll probably just use Samus's instead of Waluigi's AT Run) and it looks awesome. Well, it looks goofy on Ike, but once we can import Waluigi's model I assume it'll look alright. It looks fine in BrawlBox's preview anyway.
Doesn't the TransN bone deal with running and stuff?

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't the TransN bone deal with running and stuff?

yes it does. thts how i got the super sonic run to work..

also you need a Tstance?
make your own.Copy the character's item hand grip animation as its a T-stance with just one hand movement.
then with the extra animation add as many frames as you need.. do like 200+ so you are positive you have enough frames.. then edit as needed and when done delete the extra frames on the end

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
It does... I totally forgot. Thanks :)

But I'd still like a faster way than to copy paste everything

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
I dunno if anyone's thought of this or said it already, but would it be possible to swap item models for certain weapon models? Like having Beam Sword's model replaced with Link's Master Sword or Ike's Ragnell?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I dunno if anyone's thought of this or said it already, but would it be possible to swap item models for certain weapon models? Like having Beam Sword's model replaced with Link's Master Sword or Ike's Ragnell?
Yes, its already been done.

You know, someone's gotta make an official Ganon+Sword moveset.
From what I know, the only way to have that sword is by using the code, and anyways the only thing that would be messed with is Swing 1, 3, 4, etc, the rest would just be a normal Ganondorf moveset. Also, by messing with those things it will also mess with when you are actually holding a beam sword, etc.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Similar to this, I wish we could add articles. Bowser has none but his fire, and that isn't even indexed. o_0

Also, taking a look at FitSHD, it has the same bones as the character/item/article's and appears to do the same exact thing that changing the bone animation on a model does. Except only ONE bone actually animates. The rest move for a different position in frame 1, then stay stationary. It seems they CAN and usually do rotate in place though.

EDIT: Adding on to this, HipN is the only bone to ever move and animate. The rest can spin and rotate in place. Be careful around FitSHD too, just looking at some animations caused crashes. Although the animations that crash can be looked at next time BrawlBox is opened without a crash. =/

EDIT2: And another thing. The only other time bones move is in Bowser's ShdShellM during times when he withdraws into it, and in SmashThrows. Wonder what shd stands for.

Animations are great and all, but can I use this instance of Brawlbox to remove model parts/polygons/bones etc? I see an option to switch them on and off in the viewer, but is that only for viewing purposes?

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
When you unclick a polygon in the Model viewer, it only makes it invisible only while in Brawl Box! Because all it does is make it so you cant see it.

Current Project: Baby Luigi.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I've modified wait3 in FitNessMotionEtc.pac, it's in the correct place on the SD, file replacement 3.5.1. Yesterday the game would freeze when the CSS loads or when I start the match, today it doesn't do anything - the animations are the same... what...?

When you unclick a polygon in the Model viewer, it only makes it invisible only while in Brawl Box! Because all it does is make it so you cant see it.

Current Project: Baby Luigi.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5dq_jbqoxQ

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
i've Modified Wait3 In Fitnessmotionetc.pac, It's In The Correct Place On The Sd, File Replacement 3.5.1. Yesterday The Game Would Freeze When The Css Loads Or When I Start The Match, Today It Doesn't Do Anything - The Animations Are The Same... What...?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5dq_jbqoxq
Without Codes.

EDIT: 200th post. i say PWND

EDIT2: I just realized that you can directly edit the bones of the Model if you click the bone and edit without opening a animation! W00T!

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
Now that I'm finally getting to work on something, any tips on how to fix this distortion? I gave Sheik one of Marth's moves.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I assume you find the arm bone and there might be a scale to make it really small. Just check all the bones and make sure that all of the Scales are 1

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Just fix rotaion of the Bone that is destorted. Just rotate it the right way untill it looks how you want it too look.

)201th post! :D yay.(

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I tried a couple more times: it froze at while loading the CSS and then it just didn't change the animations. So if it doesn't freeze it doesn't work. What do I do?

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Now that I'm finally getting to work on something, any tips on how to fix this distortion? I gave Sheik one of Marth's moves.

Before you even think about editing the rotations, do this: Go to frame 1 of the animation. Select the any bone related to that arm. Copy the translation values from frame 0 to frame 1 for as many bones as possible. This will make the animations the right proportions. IF this doesn't work, try rotations.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Thanks, it worked =D Stuff2O's method makes sense too ^-^
It's never failed me, actually. I replaced TLink's down taunt with Link's up taunt. I did that strategy, and it was perfect except for his hair, which needed to be rotated to match frame 0.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Wow, I love this animation editor soooooo much. I made Marth do a hara-kiri :3 (Suicide) like that Yoshimitsu move. Well, I'll maybe report it on his thread and see if the creator wants the animation. I'll post a pic (IN-GAME!) soon.

EDIT :

I fixed his feet, by the way. That animation looks awesome in game :3

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Btw, I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I have an idea that would make things much easier. I think it should be possible to have a feature that automatically copies the translations from frame 0 to frame 1 for all bones in a specific animation. It takes forever just to finish one animation and I don't see why this can't be an automatic feature. Great job though, I love this thing.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Wow, I love this animation editor soooooo much. I made Marth do a hara-kiri :3 (Suicide) like that Yoshimitsu move. Well, I'll maybe report it on his thread and see if the creator wants the animation. I'll post a pic (IN-GAME!) soon.

EDIT :

I fixed his feet, by the way. That animation looks awesome in game :3
I knew Marth must have been a tad emo, but this is just taking it too far. :dizzy:

I'm assuming that's his Neutral B, isn't it?

Untouch

Smash Master
I think i've found article swapping.

I've swapped 2 items, deku nuts are now link's bombs, the hitboxes and how they work are in the parameters, I just don't know where the article parameters are.

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Looks ****ing awesome, you should totally get him to use that animation, like wow.
Thanks :U. I just need to fix some things, like making him hold the sword with both hands, and it'll be ok.

I knew Marth must have been a tad emo, but this is just taking it too far. :dizzy:

I'm assuming that's his Neutral B, isn't it?
Yup, that's his neutral B. And lol, that's the sephiroth texture :laugh:

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I think i've found article swapping.

I've swapped 2 items, deku nuts are now link's bombs, the hitboxes and how they work are in the parameters, I just don't know where the article parameters are.
That would be a lot of fun in multiplayer, actually... mind posting a download link?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
I model swapped Yellow Alloy with Drifloon from the background of PKMN Stadium 2, and the in the previewer it looked fine but in the game it worked but the texture was messed up. Instead of him being purple with some yellow he was completely dark yellow with a black square where his face should be. Anyone else have this problem and/or know how to fix it.

Top Bottom