• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Mit

Smash Ace
Bit saddening to hear the whole project is pretty much on hold (was really looking forward to being able to import Melee stages D: ) but what I expected would happen sooner or later happened. Kryal definitely put more time into a project for this community than I ever would, and mad props to him for that. Life sets in though, and I know what it feels like to finally leave something behind to get on with life and devote time to more important things.

That said, random question about current Brawlbox stuffs. Is there any way to import a texture without applying the heavy compression to it? It's weird that I can't seem to get any options to work that preserve the image quality even when I make sure to reduce the color palette to a lower amount of colors. I can lower the amount of colors to 160 (out of 256), and it will still, like, take off 40 colors or so and reduce the quality (well, it might not actually remove that many colors, the amount of total colors will remain, the quality will just go way down).

I wish the rather uncompressed RGBA8 option worked for everything without freezing the game D:

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Can someone try extracting an MDL0 from memory when running the program? (if it is indeed created, it should eexist in the RAM so to say, and could be extracted with a program possibly)

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
omg model importer nearly finished...
*dies*
wait i can't die, i have to try it! then i can die happy
*resurrects*

joking hehe...

Anyway yeah i wonder what format will it support. I hope that it support *.smd files, so that we can import TF2 characters into brawl to make Team Fortress Brawl

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Can someone try extracting an MDL0 from memory when running the program? (if it is indeed created, it should eexist in the RAM so to say, and could be extracted with a program possibly)
This is very possible someone do this.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
omg model importer nearly finished...
*dies*
wait i can't die, i have to try it! then i can die happy
*resurrects*

joking hehe...

Anyway yeah i wonder what format will it support. I hope that it support *.smd files, so that we can import TF2 characters into brawl to make Team Fortress Brawl
I'm pretty sure Kryal made it to import .dae files, since the .dae coding he needed was written in C#.

I'd try to do this if my svn client would work and I could compile it. Unless, of course, someone can sent me a compiled version.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
This is very possible someone do this.
Didn't work. I tried that a few days ago. D:

well i think that you can easily open tf2 models and convert 'em to dae, am i right?
Right. Just be sure to separate the model with multiple textures to different model groups, or else it won't work, since the Wii can only support one texture per polygon group. Not including texture layers.

Also, for those of you who requested to try the new BrawlBox, here it is. Hope Kryal won't be mad, but he did upload the source for the latest BrawlBox he had, so... Model importer works, but doesn't matter if you can't save (and it won't work if the DAEs aren't saved using Maya, apparently), and it also can't export MDL0s without it buggering up somewhere, but here it is anyway.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nyrmmgzhtnm

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Thank you so much, Talking Bush, this'll help everyone a lot.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Didn't work. I tried that a few days ago. D:

Right. Just be sure to separate the model with multiple textures to different model groups, or else it won't work, since the Wii can only support one texture per polygon group. Not including texture layers.

Also, for those of you who requested to try the new BrawlBox, here it is. Hope Kryal won't be mad, but he did upload the source for the latest BrawlBox he had, so... Model importer works, but doesn't matter if you can't save (and it won't work if the DAEs aren't saved using Maya, apparently), and it also can't export MDL0s without it buggering up somewhere, but here it is anyway.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nyrmmgzhtnm
Maya is needed? Yes..! *Sigh of relief*

I greatly dislike 3DS andAnim8or, so even though it's bad for others, I still think it's great to use Maya instead... (Now if only I could import files into maya so that I can vertex hack easier...)

EDIT: That build you put up for download doesn't export .dae's properly.... that's normal, right? (As in, 3DS AND Maya can't open it)

mastaklo

Smash Cadet
Okay, so I tried a few things with BrawlBox and the model exporter last night, and I can confirm that the DAE files exported do not work with 3DS Max, with the built-in DAE importer or ColladaMax. However, I downloaded the Maya 2011 trial version last night, and the models imported without any problems. Awesome! :)
which model do you imported in maya cause it all got messed up when i try to import a model

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
EDIT: That build you put up for download doesn't export .dae's properly.... that's normal, right? (As in, 3DS AND Maya can't open it)
Hm. Explain what makes it not export correctly. No polygons? No textures?

which model do you imported in maya cause it all got messed up when i try to import a model
Any model I've tried (Tatsunoko vs. Capcom characters, New Super Mario Bros. Wii models, the Chocobo, etc.) worked when I used Maya 2011. Of course, I don't keep it as a DAE for long -- I import the DAE in Maya, then export it to an FBX so that I can use it in 3DS Max.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Hm. Explain what makes it not export correctly. No polygons? No textures?
Well, the skeleton shows up, but I get a hell of errors...
(This importing test is with Lucario)

Output window said:
(kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure: (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure
(kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure: (kFailure): Unexpected Internal Failure

*The warning about missing textures is to be expected, but I don't get the rest of them...

Warnings and Errors said:
2010-04-22 10:54:17: LOG: Import: D:/TEXTURES/BrawlScape v0.06/Files/fighter/lucario/FitLucario00.dae

2010-04-22 10:54:22: LOG: [WARNING] BindPose- Incomplete BindPose [nodes parents] - The following parent and/or ancestor node(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition. RootNode YRotN XRotN TransN

2010-04-22 10:54:22: LOG: [WARNING] BindPose - Incomplete BindPose [link nodes] - The following Link node(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition. RArmJ RShoulderJ LShoulderJ R3rdNa RHandN R2ndNa R1stNa LArmJ LHandN L2ndNa HeadN JawN RLegJ RKneeJ RFootJ RToeN LToeN LFootJ LKneeJ LLegJ CollarN BustN NeckN RShoulderN LShoulderN HipN WaistN TailbaseN TailJb TailJc TailJa LTasselNa1 LTasselNb1 LTasselNa2 LTasselNb2 RTasselNa1 RTasselNa2 RTasselNb1 RTasselNb2 RShoulderJb LShoulderJb REarNa LEarNa

2010-04-22 10:54:22: LOG: [WARNING] BindPose - Incomplete BindPose [link nodes parents] - The following parent and/or ancestor node of the Link(s) is/are not part of the BindPose definition. RShoulderJ RShoulderN BustN WaistN HipN YRotN XRotN TransN TopN LShoulderN RHandN NeckN LFootJ LKneeJ LLegJ TailJa RArmJ LArmJ

2010-04-22 10:54:22: LOG: [WARNING] Reading or writing file. - While reading or writing a file the following notifications have been raised. ERROR: Image not found: LucarioBody ERROR: Image not found: LucarioEyeHigh ERROR: Image not found: LucarioFace ERROR: Image not found: LucarioArmLeg ERROR: Image not found: metal00

2010-04-22 10:54:22: LOG: [WARNING] Skin Definition - The imported scene has no initial binding position (Bind Pose) for the skin.
The plug-in will compute one automatically. However, running the 'Go To Bind Pose' command
may create unexpected results.

And all that ends up being imported is the skeleton... It's weird because I remember having a model converter before way back when we all used ASH... And I actually still have those models.... At least I suppose, I could put the model and skeleton together and rig them for my tafe assignments now :p

Eldiran

Smash Lord
My apologies if this is an ignorant question, but is it at all possible with our current tools (including this current BrawlBox source) to make minor rearrangements to bone structure?

(Modeling is foreign to me, so many of the terms flying around here are above my head.) Fortwaffles' bone modder tool does not work in this regard -- animations will ignore the new bone structure and will animate according to the old one. (Even though in BrawlBox, the animations work fine with fw's tool.)

I've been trying to get Zero's model into a state of usability, but being unable to restructure bones at all means I can't get his Buster or Z-saber to work properly.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
And all that ends up being imported is the skeleton... It's weird because I remember having a model converter before way back when we all used ASH... And I actually still have those models.... At least I suppose, I could put the model and skeleton together and rig them for my tafe assignments now :p
Hm. Have you tried previewing the model before extracting it? Or do you still get those errors even after doing so?
My apologies if this is an ignorant question, but is it at all possible with our current tools (including this current BrawlBox source) to make minor rearrangements to bone structure?

(Modeling is foreign to me, so many of the terms flying around here are above my head.) Fortwaffles' bone modder tool does not work in this regard -- animations will ignore the new bone structure and will animate according to the old one. (Even though in BrawlBox, the animations work fine with fw's tool.)

I've been trying to get Zero's model into a state of usability, but being unable to restructure bones at all means I can't get his Buster or Z-saber to work properly.
I don't think the new BrawlBox can do that yet. Even if you were to export the model and delete the unnecessary bones/add new dummy bones, you can't save it. Even re-arranging the bones with the new BrawlBox makes it so that you can't save...

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I don't think the new BrawlBox can do that yet. Even if you were to export the model and delete the unnecessary bones/add new dummy bones, you can't save it. Even re-arranging the bones with the new BrawlBox makes it so that you can't save...
That is very unfortunate. I don't suppose anyone actually knows how to properly hex a bone tree to be differently branched? That's my last chance... barring that, I'll have to make Zero not as good (unable to put away Z-saber, unable to open/close his hands).

Thanks for the response.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Hm. Have you tried previewing the model before extracting it? Or do you still get those errors even after doing so?
That acutally worked! =D
I managed to get the mesh and textures exported out, simply by previewing the model, then exporting only the model....

There were errors while importing into Maya, but I just ignored them since I saw the mesh at last...

I'm not sure what settings to export the model back out with though.... Anything I've done so far results in BrawlBox crashing before importing the model...

EDIT: YES YES YES YES YES! =D THE MODELS ARE ALREADY RIGGED! XD XD XD XD

[collapse=Imported model, posed then rendered]

[/collapse]
[collapse=Smoothed, then re-rendered]

[/collapse]

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
wait im a little confused did n64 billy just export and re-import a model into bbox? cause that would mean.....
also what ever happened to the sfx replacement part this?
No, he exported it to Maya and made a render for that. But, you can, in fact, export the model and re-import it into BrawlBox and it will retain its rigging. Except that it won't re-import the model's shaders, and yadda yadda, can't save, etc.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Does any1 know how i add a Background to the Stage Select Screen Background in BrawlBox? Im using the sc_selectmap.pac but i dont know which bit is the background? Any1 know the preference?

Edit: As you can see i have a background for my Menu and Character Select Screen but not for the stage select screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHlOtLQhEhU

Mecha the Slag

Smash Rookie
I was able to export Mario from Brawl and import him into Maya. The outcome was rubbish, though. Can anyone explain to me how they got it to work?

n64billy

Smash Ace
I was able to export Mario from Brawl and import him into Maya. The outcome was rubbish, though. Can anyone explain to me how they got it to work?
I just recorded myself exporting a .dae model of Mario with the 0.64beta, and loading it into Maya... give it a second to upload to youtube and then I'll post it...

BOOM! Available in HD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BtmRUfYWSE
Be sure to read the annotations

Mecha the Slag

Smash Rookie
I just recorded myself exporting a .dae model of Mario with the 0.64beta, and loading it into Maya... give it a second to upload to youtube and then I'll post it...

BOOM! Available in HD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BtmRUfYWSE
Be sure to read the annotations
man I am so jealous, mine doesn't even come out remotely like that, and I did the exact same thing!

Are you using another DAE importing plugin or?

If not, would you mind sharing Mario? :)

Mecha the Slag

Smash Rookie
Also why is it that animations cant be exported yet? It's pretty much just translation and rotation data, even just exporting that to a txt would make it incredibly easy to translate to an animation file

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Don't double post, just edit your previous post. Also the new one is very very buggy with animations, like ones I made it 0.63d are weird in the beta version. Lloyd's left leg is always way out in the distance, and everything is just messed up beyond belief :x

Needless to say I'll wait for him to finish it completely before I upgrade to it.

Mecha the Slag

Smash Rookie
Don't double post, just edit your previous post. Also the new one is very very buggy with animations, like ones I made it 0.63d are weird in the beta version. Lloyd's left leg is always way out in the distance, and everything is just messed up beyond belief :x

Needless to say I'll wait for him to finish it completely before I upgrade to it.
That wasn't my point though. For those animations that do display properly, why can't we export those? (aside from the obvious 'it isn't made yet')

Also pardons for the double post

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I've modded animation edit panel.
I've modded BrawlLIb a little. Because I had wanted to make animations more easier,I added some function.

1 When you press up key in the input box, the number in the box increases 5.
And your model reflects your input immediately.
2 When you press up key with shift key, the number increases 10.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ylzlyennzgz

usage
Just put it in your BrawlBox folder.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
Nice function, but could you add those functions also to the 0.63d BrawlLib?
I understand that BrawlLib hasn't been updated since 02/08/2010.
So, if you asked if modded BrawlLib can be used with BrawlBox 0.63d, the answer is yes.

ds22

Smash Lord
I understand that BrawlLib hasn't been updated since 02/08/2010.
So, if you asked if modded BrawlLib can be used with BrawlBox 0.63d, the answer is yes.
I know that, but you used the BrawlLib source from 0.64.
What I'm asking is if you can add the function in the BrawlLib source from 0.63d.
Why I'm asking this is because I can't preview Naruto and Mewtwo with the BrawlLib you posted and that's because it's based on the 0.64 source.
If you base it on the 0.63d source, I could use the function to make animations for Naruto (that and it's stabler).

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Can any1 tell me how to add a background to the Stage Select Screen in Brawl? If its possible that is?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Wait was u talking to me Bero? If so i dont understand why that would do it.

Anyway, let me rephrase that question, and all i need from this question is 1 word lol.

In BrawlBox when you open the "sc_selmap.pac", what is the name of the BackGround image for this? (For example the "Melee Stages" icon is called "MenSelMapIcon_Change.1"

Does any1 have any idea i would really like to be able to do this. Thanks in advance anyway.

Top Bottom