• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Untouch

Smash Master
Translation of models = eternal love forever.

They don't really do anything though,

Scale doesn't do anything I guess, I made C falcon quite odd lol

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
Okay, don't get off topic here.

It's out!

Tested animation editor/encoder with some success. Feel free to add/remove/rename bones as you please!

MSBin editor works like HTML tags. You can change colors/borders for any text. More info on this later, but for now use files from the menu/message folder as examples.

Now go have fun.
only frick.
yay.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Discovery: the bone "TransN" controls movement of the character. At least, I don't think that was common knowledge...

DevilKiller

Smash Apprentice
Play with that DK and scare your friends to high hell. Record their reaction. :)

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Discovery: the bone "TransN" controls movement of the character. At least, I don't think that was common knowledge...
thats one thing i knew from the last version of smash box.
when i was helping give sonic the super dash

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It seems that BrawlBox is more effective with the custom portraits, unlike CUPASH. You could have over 160 portraits being used when you use BrawlBox, but CUPASH only handles around 135 portraits before things get ugly.

Of course BrawlBox doesn't recognize magenta as a transparent color.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
GIMME DAT!!! LOL, no seriously could I get a download, I always use Shadow and have been waiting forever for a better looking model, I'm really waiting on the model injector but this'll help calm my hype down a bit:)

EDIT: Does this also mean using Shadow's model oer Sonic will be easier now that we can edit bones? I tried to put his model in before but the game froze...

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
I'll release him when i'm finished with it Akuma
right now only his wait looks like that. everything else is still sonic

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, how exactly do we edit bones? I tried extracting and replacing TransN, and all I've got was a TransN without sub-sections. When I tested it, all his animations was T-Posed. Btw, I tested it with C.Falcon.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Hmmm after class i'm also working on silver spikes too jus incase someone likes him lol

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Way! Animation editing ^____^
Gotta check that out, awesome as always Kryal!

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
nice update...thanx again!

even has straploader and warning screen support now.

i always love the little things, as well as the major changes.

CheDDar-X

Smash Apprentice
Animation Editing tut pls.

Good job though, the people that know what they're doing will make a whole bunch of characters...

pokelover980

Smash Ace
nice update...thanx again!

even has straploader and warning screen support now.

i always love the little things, as well as the major changes.
I'm pretty sure it's had Strapp Loader support for a while since I edited mine to say The Game instead of Nintendo.

EDIT: OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH I just realized you meant for viewing on the previewer. Nevermind, it didn't have that before.. I don't think.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
When animations how would i go about making an animation have less frames or more?

Kryal

Smash Ace
When animations how would i go about making an animation have less frames or more?
Select the CHR animation, and you'll see FrameCount in the properties window. Change it there and it will update the bones.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Animation editing isn't easy, that's for sure.

Also, I think to scale option doesn't work.
When I mentioned animation scaling earlier I meant an option that would allow you to scale all the transformation values at once, not an auto-scaling feature. This would require some values to be calculated by hand.

The Scale values in the editor are for model scaling during the animation. Not many characters use this, and the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Mario (during his taunt).

For those of you who are confused about the terms, check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformation_%28geometry%29

Kryal

Smash Ace
Is there any way to preview the animations before you put them in the game?
Eventually yes. I haven't decided how I want to integrate the editor into the viewer. That's what the side-panel on the right is for. ;)

Majora252

Smash Rookie
Ugh. How do you edit textures with this program?!? I open up FitKirby.pac, and under the texture data there is no things like his shoes, the rest of his body, or anything else. Same with others. There are only a few textures to edit.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Ugh. How do you edit textures with this program?!? I open up FitKirby.pac, and under the texture data there is no things like his shoes, the rest of his body, or anything else. Same with others. There are only a few textures to edit.
Wrong file. Try FitKirby##.pac/.pcs with ## being the texture number, such as 00. Any FirCharacter.pac without a number is the moveset and can't be edited with BrawlBox. Try PSA for that.

Majora252

Smash Rookie
Wrong file. Try FitKirby##.pac/.pcs with ## being the texture number, such as 00. Any FirCharacter.pac without a number is the moveset and can't be edited with BrawlBox. Try PSA for that.
OK. Is there a download of unedited PCS files, or should I download one to edit?

Also, are there separate (PAC) files for Kirby hats? I'd like to make it so Kirby always has a falcon punch.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Eventually yes. I haven't decided how I want to integrate the editor into the viewer. That's what the side-panel on the right is for. ;)
I'd imagine the user would have to load a fitcharcter##.pac in addition to the fitcharactermotionetc.pac, and Brawlbox would used one of the model files in the .pac to show the preview one... Just a guess.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Wow, really nice update Kryal!

I've been playing around with the new version and came up with some cool results:

(The skin isn't mine)

I had a lot of trouble adjusting the arms since there's no animation preview yet, but I think it came out fairly good considering the circumstances.

The only suggestion I'd make is to allow multiple bone replacement and exporting at once, that way I could just import the spikes and nothing else for all the other animations.

But seriously great work!

STUFF2o

Smash Ace

I've been playing around with the new version and came up with some cool results:

(The skin isn't mine)

I had a lot of trouble adjusting the arms since there's no animation preview yet, but I think it came out fairly good considering the circumstances.

The only suggestion I'd make is to allow multiple bone replacement and exporting at once, that way I could just import the spikes and nothing else for all the other animations.

I'm no Sonic fan, but that's flippin' amazing.

I still don't understand how people make sense out of the random code in the animations... There hasn't been a single explanation on what anything means in that code.

EDIT: TUTORIAL, NAO!

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman

(The skin isn't mine)

Hmmm that looks better than what i had lol..
could i possibly get a download so i can use the spikes and eyes for my super shadow i'm creating?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Very nice work KuroBit! Please continue this excellent work on Shadow. And for goodness' sake, can someone make a Shadow texture whose shoes are colored properly? I've seen some 5 different Shadow textures in the past and they are all horrendously wrong. (Unless the shoe textures are somehow tied to the rest of Sonic's colors, in which case I understand the predicament.) The one you have, KuroBit, is the closest, and you can see it's way off.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Hot ****, Kurobit. That's amazing. I'd like a tutorial as well, I believe. I could clean up some Geno animations.

Top Bottom