• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
i did But i still get an error. i'll go to use it and all i see is a green circle that flashes when i click play. IDK whats wrong with it. i don't see the models of the characters.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
i did But i still get an error. i'll go to use it and all i see is a green circle that flashes when i click play. IDK whats wrong with it. i don't see the models of the characters.
I have a few solutions:

1. Try running it as an Administrator. To do that, right click BrawlBox and select "Run as Administrator".
2. Update you OpenGL. You might not have a compatible version.
3. Try a different character. If you've been trying the same character, it's probably just that character.

Somebody Else

Smash Apprentice
Can I get a little help with CSPs? I can't get brawl to recognise them, no matter what I do, textures work absolutely fine but no effect from Common5.pac. Textures are placed in private/wii/app/rsbp/pf/fighter, and common5.pac is in private/wii/app/rsbp/pf/system. Are there any other files I need other than that, are they in the right places, do I have the right code (2.1a for PAL, from the textures thread)? Anything else?

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
Can I get a little help with CSPs? I can't get brawl to recognise them, no matter what I do, textures work absolutely fine but no effect from Common5.pac. Textures are placed in private/wii/app/rsbp/pf/fighter, and common5.pac is in private/wii/app/rsbp/pf/system. Are there any other files I need other than that, are they in the right places, do I have the right code (2.1a for PAL, from the textures thread)? Anything else?
Hey! I've been having the exact same problem. My CSPs all worked perfectly fine until today. And when I try to save anything on BrawlBox, no matter what it is, I always get this message:

"This process can not access the file ['file path'] because it is being used by another process."

I can't get it to stop saying that no matter what I do.

Plz help!

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
"This process can not access the file ['file path'] because it is being used by another process."

I can't get it to stop saying that no matter what I do.
You can't rename something you have open in another program (or even the same one you're using). You have to either overwrite it, or rename the file you're saving and rename the other file, then rename this one to the name you want.

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
You can't rename something you have open in another program (or even the same one you're using). You have to either overwrite it, or rename the file you're saving and rename the other file, then rename this one to the name you want.
But I'm not renaming anything and I don't have multiple programs open. I can open up a file, immediately save without doing anything to it, and it'll still say the same thing.

And for some reason, it just started doing this at the exact same time my CSPs stopped working.

Is there some kind of connection?

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
But I'm not renaming anything and I don't have multiple programs open. I can open up a file, immediately save without doing anything to it, and it'll still say the same thing.

And for some reason, it just started doing this at the exact same time my CSPs stopped working.

Is there some kind of connection?
I bet it's running in the background. There could be 2 instances of it that you dont know about. A cpu restart should fix the problem.
Respond if that doesn't work.

Untouch

Smash Master
I think the misc data [0] (in character .pacs) is the hitboxes.

I think the articles are stored in the MotionEtc files.

Anyways where are the cpp files?

Alsoooooooooooo

Why doesn't main.pac load?
All it is is the play records.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
meh I'm still getting and error both from my .Net framework 3.5 and Brawlbox.

This is what it looks like for me.

I turned off aero and have updated my DirectX. IDK what to do

piggyjelly

Smash Apprentice

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
I think the misc data [0] (in character .pacs) is the hitboxes.

I think the articles are stored in the MotionEtc files.
Article data like animations and such I know is stored in the fitcharacterMotionetc.pac, except in cases like Lucario.
But yes, miscdata[0] is the file PSA edits, and I'm quite sure article data is in there as well.

meh I'm still getting and error both from my .Net framework 3.5 and Brawlbox.
No wonder! Sonic screws up like that anyway. Try examining Mario's model, he should show up mostly.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I'll be able to see some of them but it still has a problem animating them. I was hoping there was a way to get sonic's model to work. That and alot of them aren't working for me.

Well i got sonic's model to work but theirs no textures from him at all.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hey all! I'm glad to see that everyone's making good use of the new features, and keep up the good work! I would like to address a few questions/concerns that have come up recently:

• Camera Controls
    There are a few reasons for the change in camera controls. Firstly, I decided to use the right mouse button for navigation. This is because eventually, the left mouse button will be used for selecting/moving model parts.​
    The camera pivots around its own axis. This is most useful for stages and large models where simply rotating the model won't do. It also allows you better close-up control when you want to look at part of a model in detail. There does need to be more camera controls with this, which may be added in a later release.​
  • Texture Layers
    Textures are still a work in progress. Until I can figure out how they map to layers/shading we'll have to settle. Some things just don't work right, primarily the eye textures. Don't rely on the previewer to show what the eyes are doing.​
    I have a fix for the missing model problem. It has to do with the texture layers (once again). It will be somewhat fixed in the next version.​
  • Indexed Textures
    I don't know what's causing indexed textures to sometimes go out-of-whack. I need to do more testing on this. In the meantime, you can try changing the texture type to something similar.​
  • Model Editor Crashes on Close
    Noted and (possibly) fixed.​
  • Animation Editor
    Some frame controls will be added to the next version, most notably cut/copy/paste and setting the length on an animation.​
    Adding/deleting an animation may be an option in the future, but this would also require editing the moveset (which may be a feature soon). In the meantime, you can do so manually.​
    If you run into a situation where the textures are all white, you may need to load an external file. For instance, the model for the Blue Falcon is in the FitCaptainMotionEtc, but the textures for it are in FitCaptainEntry. You will need to preview the model and then load FitCaptainEntry to see the textures.​

A few other things I need to look into are: animation encoder/decoder bugs; scale not working. Happy modding!

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Kyral, you are a pretty amazing guy. I don't envy you for all the work ahead of you in getting this program optimized. Look at how this thread has exploded with feature requests and bug reports in the past few days! And yet you're willing to listen to everything we have to say and then implement it, all for free. Reading through it all, I feel like an ungrateful jerk by proxy.

So let me just say right here: Thank you. Your hard work and dedication is truly appreciated.

I can't imagine how swamped with requests and PMs you'll get when the model injector is released. It will make this burst of activity look puny and minuscule by comparison. Godspeed and good luck, man, I look forward to what you come up with next.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
God, Kryal how are you so epic constantly?

Anyways, are you sure that with the new frame-editing, it won't break animations like mine did?
And is there any way you could make it so we could remove keyframes and have them go back into the auto-tween?

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this works, but can you swap personal GFX with other people and then edit their animations or whatnot and make your own custom GFX?

I tried and nothing showed up, but that's probably because I don't know how to call up a personal GFX. The PSA List Thread shows the name for the personal GFX, but the ones in character's .pacs don;t match up, or sometimes don;t exist at all... so how do you call up a character's personal GFX?

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
FINALLY, I figure out how to hack the animations~ There's a basic but good tutorial on Youtube now.

So, here's a question: I want to give Pikachu Cpt. Falcon's Final Smash. If I were to do that, would Pikachu run off into the background (like Falcon's animation) and then just go into a normal Volt Tackle, blue sphere and all? Or would the Falcon Flyer appear, and Pikachu rides in it?

--------------------DO NOT STEAL IDEA!!!!11!1!-----------------------------
or imma sue yo behind

What I'm aiming for is to make Pikachu do Volt Tackle with the Falcon Flyer animation. Pikachu would tackle the opponent into a cutscene, opponent is dizzy in the road and then it's just Pikachu running down the road for a tackle. I assumed that I could make the Falcon Flyer invisible, then change the "sitting in the car" animation to a running animation. Comments, ideas?

Untouch

Smash Master
FINALLY, I figure out how to hack the animations~ There's a basic but good tutorial on Youtube now.

So, here's a question: I want to give Pikachu Cpt. Falcon's Final Smash. If I were to do that, would Pikachu run off into the background (like Falcon's animation) and then just go into a normal Volt Tackle, blue sphere and all? Or would the Falcon Flyer appear, and Pikachu rides in it?

or imma sue yo behind

What I'm aiming for is to make Pikachu do Volt Tackle with the Falcon Flyer animation. Pikachu would tackle the opponent into a cutscene, opponent is dizzy in the road and then it's just Pikachu running down the road for a tackle. I assumed that I could make the Falcon Flyer invisible, then change the "sitting in the car" animation to a running animation. Comments, ideas?
Good luck.

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
Well, I found out the problem to not being able to save my pac files. Turns out it works when my SD card is NOT in my computer. Go figure. Still don't know why it's doing that NOW, and I still don't know why my CSPs aren't showing up in game.

Anybody know why THAT is?

Untouch

Smash Master
Well, I found out the problem to not being able to save my pac files. Turns out it works when my SD card is NOT in my computer. Go figure. Still don't know why it's doing that NOW, and I still don't know why my CSPs aren't showing up in game.

Anybody know why THAT is?
Is the file you're saving on your SD card?

Zee-V70

Smash Rookie

or imma sue yo behind

It'd look better if you made the Blue Falcon invisible and had Pikachu just keep doing his Bair animation.

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
Is the file you're saving on your SD card?
It doesn't matter whether it's on the SD Card or not, it just says it's being used by another process. I have to take it out of my computer for them to save properly.

And yet this all occurred out of no where.

EDIT: And what about the CSP problem?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
You need to actually edit the cutscene then. It isn't gameplay. It is a video file.

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
If I do animations for both Kat and Ana, is there ANY way I can change the one replacing Nana's PSA so it will work?
Thanks,
~Neon~

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Hey all! I'm glad to see that everyone's making good use of the new features, and keep up the good work! I would like to address a few questions/concerns that have come up recently:

• Indexed Textures
    I don't know what's causing indexed textures to sometimes go out-of-whack. I need to do more testing on this. In the meantime, you can try changing the texture type to something similar.​

A few other things I need to look into are: animation encoder/decoder bugs; scale not working. Happy modding!
From what I've seen, SmashBox v0.57 can replace the indexed textures without any mipmap issues. Therefore, until the mipmap issues are solved for the newer versions of BrawlBox, you may have to rely on v0.57 to replace the indexed textures.

Eldiran

Smash Lord

• Camera Controls
    There are a few reasons for the change in camera controls. Firstly, I decided to use the right mouse button for navigation. This is because eventually, the left mouse button will be used for selecting/moving model parts.​
    The camera pivots around its own axis. This is most useful for stages and large models where simply rotating the model won't do. It also allows you better close-up control when you want to look at part of a model in detail. There does need to be more camera controls with this, which may be added in a later release.​

• Yaaayy! Thank you very much for being so awesome, both for making any of this and for being so receptive and helpful in the comments. I can understand the changes you made regarding the camera, and I rescind my complaints. However, I would like to suggest (though I feel bad for suggesting anything in the first place) that there be some sort of faster pan. That would help very much for viewing stages. Regardless, thanks again!

Daakun

Smash Apprentice
Howabout a 90 degree rotation snap?
It'd be nice to know what angle I have my character at when I'm rotating it.

RocketSlug

Smash Rookie
For the record I'm on Vista Home Premium 32-bit and haven't had any problems with BrawlBox that I can tell. x:

@Kryal: you are the man! Can't thank you enough for doing this stuff. Some stuff though: can you make it so that Home, End, and Delete work for editing frame data in the animation editor? Like if I wanna edit the X rotation for a bone, I have to arrow key over and use backspace when a delete would work more efficiently. Oh, and clicking on the Bones button to minimize that part makes the polygon box a little wonky. I know, not that important and probably low on the priority scale, but it would be nice nonetheless. [:

@Virgo: I'm not sure if this is the problem you're having, but I think BrawlBox can't do work on files straight from an SD card, you have to copy it to your hd, edit that, then copy it back to your SD to work. As for CSPs, what I do is Export the default CSP, edit it to my custom one, then use Replace to stick it back in to common5.pac and copy that to the system folder on my SD.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
Please excuse my diligence. I most ask though,
I have been trying to do what alot of people are doing(roughly replacing an alloy with an assist trophy of some sort or any other item to introduce a new character).
But my problem persists me here. I wonder a full tutorial if plausible.
1st: Replace Alloy with character model(correct? if so please be specific like, replace .brres file?)
2nd: Rename bones(Trans_N or w/e and such like that am I wrong?)
3rd: Edit animations(I can figure this part out)

Or is there more to it than that? Please, any and all help is loved.
I'm not trying to come on as another n00bs just with ideas. I want to help get things done, like making Shadow and others(Waluigi) finished. But alas, I can't help in the current situation that I protain. Please and thankkx. ;-)

NeonTogepi

Smash Journeyman
Please excuse my diligence. I most ask though,
I have been trying to do what alot of people are doing(roughly replacing an alloy with an assist trophy of some sort or any other item to introduce a new character).
But my problem persists me here. I wonder a full tutorial if plausible.
1st: Replace Alloy with character model(correct? if so please be specific like, replace .brres file?)
2nd: Rename bones(Trans_N or w/e and such like that am I wrong?)
3rd: Edit animations(I can figure this part out)

Or is there more to it than that? Please, any and all help is loved.
I'm not trying to come on as another n00bs just with ideas. I want to help get things done, like making Shadow and others(Waluigi) finished. But alas, I can't help in the current situation that I protain. Please and thankkx. ;-)
1. Replace model
2. Give it textures
3. Replace excisting animations with new animations. Most if not all of the animations from the alloy will NOT work, so it'll pretty much have to be replaced with new ones.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Amazing!
Can't wait for the next version :)
It is so awesome how much time you spend updating BrawlBox and all :lick:

Can you eventually tell me how to convert those higher version BRRES files to lower version ones via PM (or how to make them readable with BrawlBox). Textures are working fine, but bones, animations and models are missing their names and can't be shown in the preview :dizzy:

Thanks!
greetings

Top Bottom