• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ah yes, I just noticed that.

Though, not a major problem, per se, but the C18 format makes a lot of my high quality pics appear with a very low quality, even some pics I took from the game. Is there a way to make them look as good as the regular CSP pics?
Just experiment with the number of colors that your portraits are using when you index them. However, do keep in mind that the portraits must not use more colors than what the palettes will accept. One tip when modifying portraits is to use the Brightness / Contrast tools to make the portraits look brighter, and better in appearance.

I know that this isn't exactly helpful, but like I said before, you can NOT change the texture formats, or else the game WILL freeze.

Kryal

Smash Ace
I already tested the individual files, FitNessMotionEtc.pac and FitNess.pac both cause freezing. In Wait3 his hand changes scale in a variety of ways and a graphic bubble is created each time to see how the bone's scale affects the graphic. I don't see why FitNess is causing freezing though, I'd better recreate that one.

Okay, I fixed FitNess. Don't know what was wrong with it.

Aaand now FitNessMotion etc is working without any problems... I didn't change it at all... whaaat. Oh well, not complaining if it wants to work now.
Your FitMotion works, scale and all. Maybe it's something else?

VirgoTheCougar

Smash Cadet
Just experiment with the number of colors that your portraits are using when you index them. However, do keep in mind that the portraits must not use more colors than what the palettes will accept. One tip when modifying portraits is to use the Brightness / Contrast tools to make the portraits look brighter, and better in appearance.

I know that this isn't exactly helpful, but like I said before, you can NOT change the texture formats, or else the game WILL freeze.
Alrighty. Thank you very much for your help. One last question, can you index a picture using ImageReady? I don't exactly have Photoshop at the moment.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Hey Kryal i was wondering if you were planning in the future to have the drag feature for animating. Like being able to drag the bones or parts of the model with the mouse for each frame. Along side the X Y Z value method animations could become more accurate that way. I was also curious to know if your going to add a model editor which lets you edit the physical appearance of a character. Just some thoughts i had.

But Good job so far! I'm really enjoying this Program.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I believe a while back he said that was why the left mouse button isn't used for camera panning.

EDIT: I made a bair on Pikachu and it freezes, Kryal. I've isolated it to the FitMotionEtc.

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Uhm, that's all fine and dandy, but...I want to know in which file(s)/foder(s) the pokemon/*** trophies/sse enemies would be located first. I'm not paying to get a mediapro account, and I'm not searching through every folder when I don't even know what file I'm looking for. So...what's the name of the file(s) I'm after?

Very, very appreciative of the file upload!

EDIT: Could you then upload those folders to MegaUpload, or some other site that doesn't require sign-up? kthnx

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Uhm, that's all fine and dandy, but...I want to know in which file(s)/foder(s) the pokemon/*** trophies/sse enemies would be located first. I'm not paying to get a mediapro account, and I'm not searching through every folder when I don't even know what file I'm looking for. So...what's the name of the file(s) I'm after?

Very, very appreciative of the file upload!
Pokeball Pokemon each have their own folder in the "item" folder, so just find the Pokemon's folder. Assist Trophies are the same as Pokemon, individual folders inside of the item folder. SSE enemies are located in the SSE stage files, which are in the adventure folder, which is inside the stage folder. If the Pokemon you wanted were PT's Pokemon, they each have their own folder in the fighter folder. They are called okefushigisou, pokelizardon and pokezenigame which are Ivysaur, Charizard and Squirtle respectively.

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
About this texture stuff... whenever I replace some textures with just a transparent texture, it looks black in the game.

Like Lucas' bat. Whenever I replace it with transparency, it just looks black. And TL's shield too. Is it something to do with formats or something?

Also, I can't get Lucas' stick to spin around. I don't know why. It looks fine in the previewer, though.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
About this texture stuff... whenever I replace some textures with just a transparent texture, it looks black in the game.

Like Lucas' bat. Whenever I replace it with transparency, it just looks black. And TL's shield too. Is it something to do with formats or something?

Also, I can't get Lucas' stick to spin around. I don't know why. It looks fine in the previewer, though.
They don't support transpearancy due to their type.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Alrighty. Thank you very much for your help. One last question, can you index a picture using ImageReady? I don't exactly have Photoshop at the moment.
You can also use The GIMP to give images indexed colors. Unlike Photoshop, you can actually download The GIMP for free.

Omegapaste

Smash Cadet
Hey people I have a question considering a possible CLR0 I found.

The blue background of the Rainbow cruise is a CLR0 and I have tried alot of things to change it.
In brawlbox I found this suspicious file

ZZZSky_mat2962 in ModelData[7]>3DModels>StgDxRCruiseEnkei>colors seems to refer to the blue sky since it has values which seem to be color codes

Now as you see all the B's have ff which means the highest value for the color blue, the problem is that brawlbox can't edit these values.
A while ago I started a shadow temple texture hack on this stage but I never could finish it because I couldnt change the blue background into a black one. If I can change the color codes to black this texture can be continued

Does anybody know how I can edit or which program I need to edit these values?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

They don't support transpearancy due to their type.
The texture formats, I4, I8, and RGB565 do not support transparent colors. Also, CI4 and CI8 format textures that use RGB565 palettes do not accept transparent colors either.

On a side note, while certain CMPR format textures do use transparent colors, semi-transparency is not possible for that format.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
i noticed most of those formats l4 l8 and rgb565 seem to take black as transparency, sorta like the screen blending option in photoshop, this would mean I cant make black sword trails then am I correct?

how did you guys access the animation playback controls?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
i noticed most of those formats l4 l8 and rgb565 seem to take black as transparency, sorta like the screen blending option in photoshop, this would mean I cant make black sword trails then am I correct?

how did you guys access the animation playback controls?
Actually, anything that's transparent will turn black if inserted into a texture part that's in I4, I8, or RGB565 format. Likewise, if a palette is in RGB565 format, transparent colors are recolored black.

In other words, it's impossible to make the texture formats above transparent without doing any manual hexing.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hey people I have a question considering a possible CLR0 I found.

The blue background of the Rainbow cruise is a CLR0 and I have tried alot of things to change it.
In brawlbox I found this suspicious file
ZZZSky_mat2962 in ModelData[7]>3DModels>StgDxRCruiseEnkei>colors seems to refer to the blue sky since it has values which seem to be color codes

Now as you see all the B's have ff which means the highest value for the color blue, the problem is that brawlbox can't edit these values.
A while ago I started a shadow temple texture hack on this stage but I never could finish it because I couldnt change the blue background into a black one. If I can change the color codes to black this texture can be continued

Does anybody know how I can edit or which program I need to edit these values?
Those are vertex colors, which are different than CLR0. They're mainly used in lighting.

Kryal

Smash Ace
The I in I4 and I8 stands for intensity. This isn't the same as a color value. Menus use it for overlays and text by taking the intensity value of the image/font and multiplying it by the color (CLR0). The result is then ADDED to the screen. So, an intensity of zero would leave the screen as-is.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
would someone mind briefly going over how to custom edit motions?

i know how to open up an animation, view it frame by frame, and select a bone and change its properties (like placement and scale), but how do I create new frames and erase them? that's what i have no idea how to do

for instance, marths uair anim is like 50 some frames. what if i just want the first 12 frames of it and cut out the rest?

edit: any other things I can do with frames? like duplicate them (copy paste)?

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
1) you do not need to sign up for mediafire

2) he just gave you a list of where everything should be

3) pay attention

I read the list; "all the nesessary files" is much faster and more general to say. And I obviously don't ABSOLUTELY NEED an account..............but I have to pay for an account if I want a privelage as small as downloading 1+ files or a folder. A privelage that MegaUpload offers for free.

I'm going for the fastest, easiest way to download over 30 files here. But it seems that SOME people would rather state the obvious than help me. Thanks. -_-

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Nobody's going to upload 30 files so that you alone have a luxurious downloading experience. Take what we're giving you. Beggars can't be choosers bro.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I read the list; "all the nesessary files" is much faster and more general to say. And I obviously don't ABSOLUTELY NEED an account..............but I have to pay for an account if I want a privelage as small as downloading 1+ files or a folder. A privelage that MegaUpload offers for free.

I'm going for the fastest, easiest way to download over 30 files here. But it seems that SOME people would rather state the obvious than help me. Thanks. -_-
You one file from each character you know >.>

And MegauuUpload doesn't support downloading 1+ File/Folder at once for free. Just download them individually, they're small and MediaFire generally has fast downloads. If you want I can put all the files you want into a .Zip archive for you to download, but it'll have to be on MediaFire.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Of the 2 Lyn models (AT or Trophy), which would be more easier to do since I seem to keep getting some sort of deformation on the AT file and I would really like to make progress with Lyn.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Of the 2 Lyn models (AT or Trophy), which would be more easier to do since I seem to keep getting some sort of deformation on the AT file and I would really like to make progress with Lyn.
Trophy has no bones, AT is the only way to go.

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
I'm having problems with removing some polygons in FitCharacter00.pac and pcs. But they keep coming back after saving. I can't get rid of those polygons.

I'm also trying to get rid of the pink layer on Sonic. Bij removing the env and bodymask. No success so far.

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
Ok, i looked everywhere and didnt find a single motion pac. Can someone please give me a link to download the motion pacs?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm having problems with removing some polygons in FitCharacter00.pac and pcs. But they keep coming back after saving. I can't get rid of those polygons.

I'm also trying to get rid of the pink layer on Sonic. Bij removing the env and bodymask. No success so far.
You need to use a hex editor to make any polygons invisible to the game.

Regarding Sonic, there's going to be some shade of pink, regardless of how white the texture is supposed to be.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord

Here's my Long Hair Samus and Shadow Semi-Final version. Anyone has any idea on how I could make Samus' hair stop going side way? You can see it in the pictures. It's not like that in Brawl Box. I think the wind does that, if so, how should the hair be rotated if I would want it to be normal? Rotated to the right, right (Pun not intended)? Like..if ^ = >, then < = ^, get it? O.o.

Top Bottom