• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Yet again, if anyone is interested...

Here is one of the files from inside one of the data files of PokePark Wii.
It's Haunter (Sorry... he's my fave pokemon =P)
http://www.mediafire.com/?lntijiknwnd
So does he work in Brawl? If he does I'll gladly take him up. Pokemon Trainer and Haunter are both appearing in a friend of mine's machinima, so yeah.

n64billy

Smash Ace
So does he work in Brawl? If he does I'll gladly take him up. Pokemon Trainer and Haunter are both appearing in a friend of mine's machinima, so yeah.
No, Haunter does NOT work in Brawl! I simply put the file up for anyone to look around at. See if it can be developed further. (I wish he did though)
EDIT: If he works, I shotgun him =]

Shinobi_3

Smash Rookie
dumb question

possible to make it so someone else plays with marios hat on?

example
bowser wears marios hat, or isaacs cape on ike, etc.

n64billy

Smash Ace
It's possible, but to an extent. I've replaced Mario's cape with Metaknights cape before, but that is because they're seperate models. For things like Marios Cap, no, because it's part of his model.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Here is one of the files from inside one of the data files of PokePark Wii.
It's Haunter (Sorry... he's my fave pokemon =P)
http://www.mediafire.com/?lntijiknwnd

Since when opened in BrawlBox, the animation names are missing, I'll write them up.

*stuff*
I'm gonna say right now that it probably won't. That Haunter seems to be in the common form of MDL0 -- the one that just so happens to be not compatible with Brawl. It's the same type of MDL0 as used in Castlevania Judgment, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, to name a few... which means that Kentilan's BRMDL viewer can open it.

Heck, I tried to put Bowser Jr.'s model from NSMBWii over one of the Alloys, and it froze every time. It's just not the right format. If only there was a way to convert them. I mean, they should be similar enough.

n64billy

Smash Ace
I'm gonna say right now that it probably won't. That Haunter seems to be in the common form of MDL0 -- the one that just so happens to be not compatible with Brawl. It's the same type of MDL0 as used in Castlevania Judgment, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, to name a few... which means that Kentilan's BRMDL viewer can open it.

Heck, I tried to put Bowser Jr.'s model from NSMBWii over one of the Alloys, and it froze every time. It's just not the right format. If only there was a way to convert them. I mean, they should be similar enough.
Oh SWEET! At least we know that once the model converter/injector comes along that we'll be able to put them in. Thanks for that! :bee:

Shinobi_3

Smash Rookie
do you know how to replace the capes? ive been tryin by myself for a few days, but i gave up.

n64billy

Smash Ace
If the capes are on the same model as the player, it won't work. If the cape is a mantle, like Marios and Metaknights capes, then it's possible.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
It's possible, but to an extent. I've replaced Mario's cape with Metaknights cape before, but that is because they're seperate models. For things like Marios Cap, no, because it's part of his model.
I took Isaac's hair, and put it on marth for roy, and ike for isaac :/ it is possible, but you have to be dedicated, cuz it's time consuming. also, i noticed NiGHTS journey of dreams has a model viewer with an animation editor, and animations are similar format to brawl... i think brawl models even loaded in that one

n64billy

Smash Ace
I took Isaac's hair, and put it on marth for roy, and ike for isaac :/ it is possible, but you have to be dedicated, cuz it's time consuming. also, i noticed NiGHTS journey of dreams has a model viewer with an animation editor, and animations are similar format to brawl... i think brawl models even loaded in that one
Well, if you think it could work, give it a quick try.

Also, regarding the hair, did you hex it onto Marth?

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
How in the world does Brawlbox save Common5's over 11,920kb and how does it create common5's that go under 19,919kb (the default size)? I add one csp to the new common5 from 19,919kb and it's now 19,923kb. it seems to freeze when exceeding 19,920kb, yet i've managed to not freeze with an older common5 that's 11,928kb. was using smashbox .57 .

i'm seriously confused from this, i added a csp for every wario colour and it was under 19,917kb, i add one lucas csp on a new common5 and that itself brings it to 19,923kb. all csps at 72 indexed.

Shinobi_3

Smash Rookie
i have an isaac i made out of alloy red, the captain falcon one, but, when he walks, or does attacks on the ground, he sometimes goes through the ground, and his forward smash doesnt hit, it hits items but not characters.

can someone tell me why he goes through the ground so much?

if you want a better understanding of what i mean, here is my red alloy isaac, i dont want to continue editing his size to make him not tall as captain falcon, i edited a few of his things to make him normal size, but after trying in game, well, youll see what i mean if you try this.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HQ3MPVHB

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
BSZ HAS REPLIED!

"He Said:

Well, cuckoos, I first open the FitMotionEtc.pac file of the character, load an animation then start editing frame. If it helps, X is from left to right, Y from down to up and Z from near to far. Translation is moving the bone from what I said before this, rotation is rotating it and scale is scaling it to a higher or smaller degree.

For example, for my Black Mage, I tweaked with the scaling of the hat, made it lower using an Y translation, made the shirt sleeves longer with a scale, rotated the arms, etc.

Also, I’m going to school in a few minutes so see you later."

Okay, so the secret is revealed.

100000000CloudStrifes
It still turns into a mess for me...

No, Haunter does NOT work in Brawl! I simply put the file up for anyone to look around at. See if it can be developed further. (I wish he did though)
EDIT: If he works, I shotgun him =]
I will make him work. I've been waiting to get my hands on a model from another game, and now that I have one, I will get him to work. I'll tell you when I get him to work. Of course, I might be wrong, and it might not work, considering, as my sig says, "Trying is the first step towards failure." (Quoted for truth, by the way) No, I need to think positive! It will work!

marter

Smash Apprentice
I have an issue with this program. I have edited part of mu_menumain.pac, and saved it just fine. It even works in Brawl just fine. However, now that I try and edit it again, Brawlbox will not open it anymore. It just closes right after opening. Could someone please help me out.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
I hope you guys know that it is possible to edit vertex points, so maybe with enough effort, i the great fortwaffles can streatch roys nect to cover that hole. wow, i sound like an ignorant **** ;D

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
after I change the vertex array and save, my changes are reverted in the file, so they don't show up in-game

anyone know how to properly edit the array list?

n64billy

Smash Ace
I will make him work. I've been waiting to get my hands on a model from another game, and now that I have one, I will get him to work. I'll tell you when I get him to work. Of course, I might be wrong, and it might not work, considering, as my sig says, "Trying is the first step towards failure." (Quoted for truth, by the way) No, I need to think positive! It will work!
:093::heart::093::heart::093:

I swear, if you get Haunter to work, you can have my first born child or something crazy like that. Also, if you want any other models from PokePark Wii, just let me know

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
after I change the vertex array and save, my changes are reverted in the file, so they don't show up in-game

anyone know how to properly edit the array list?
I saw those a few days ago. Has anyone actually successfully edited them? I haven't tried yet, but I would've figure we'd have a rough model editor right now if that was already possible...

EDIT: Oh, and no one knows how to fix my Ridley Destination problem of the animations not looping? I was hoping to be able to release it, but I don't know what files tell how many frames a scene has... If I knew that, I could try some crazy file swapping on different stages...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I saw those a few days ago. Has anyone actually successfully edited them? I haven't tried yet, but I would've figure we'd have a rough model editor right now if that was already possible...

EDIT: Oh, and no one knows how to fix my Ridley Destination problem of the animations not looping? I was hoping to be able to release it, but I don't know what files tell how many frames a scene has... If I knew that, I could try some crazy file swapping on different stages...
Do you mean like, how many frames the stage has? Try looking into the animations of the stage in Brawl Box, look if there are any frames.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Do you mean like, how many frames the stage has? Try looking into the animations of the stage in Brawl Box, look if there are any frames.
What I mean is, well... Final destination has 9600 frames on both the space background and the stage itself (the crystal rotating in the center). I figured changing these both to 64 would make it loop at 64 frames, but it doesn't, you have to wait 9600 frames for it to loop again...

Also, there are still some star effects that appear in the level even if you replace both the stage and the space background and remove all extra bones in the animation... So I've run out of ideas... I'm sure it has to do with one of those unsupported files, which would be a problem...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
What I mean is, well... Final destination has 9600 frames on both the space background and the stage itself (the crystal rotating in the center). I figured changing these both to 64 would make it loop at 64 frames, but it doesn't, you have to wait 9600 frames for it to loop again...

Also, there are still some star effects that appear in the level even if you replace both the stage and the space background and remove all extra bones in the animation... So I've run out of ideas... I'm sure it has to do with one of those unsupported files, which would be a problem...
Hmm, did you try opening the pac file, going in the animations and changing it to 64 from there, and not from the model previewer? Also, those stars may be CLR0 files. Lastly, for that Marth Roy, which is pretty **** awesome, I was wondering where did you, Fortwaffles, or any other person who contributed and knows what he did, remove Marth's hair? Did you do like how I did Mask-less Metaknight? I wanted to try something similar by using his glow.

Sorry, double post..

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Working on ANOTHER project (That's a lot, I know).

Here's...*drums*

TETRA.

To-do:

-Custom pose for Wait1.
-Texture fixes.
-Move the Master Sword to her left leg, scale and re-texture it.
-Fix the "thunder" side hair.
-Test it.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
And here's version 2.

Took me hours to do just one single frame and the textures.

Fixed: Textures, pose hair.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Does anyone have experience editing G&W? How do his attacks work? I assumed that his various bones such as RHammerM would be enlarged during the attacks they're used for, but they have no data. I'm therefore guessing that these are just attachment sites for articles.

Is this correct?

Tetra looks excellent, by the way.

KuroBit

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have experience editing G&W? How do his attacks work? I assumed that his various bones such as RHammerM would be enlarged during the attacks they're used for, but they have no data. I'm therefore guessing that these are just attachment sites for articles.

Is this correct?

Tetra looks excellent, by the way.
You're able to edit G&W? Since he has no textures, he wont display for me... Is there a way to trick brawl box into displaying a texture for him?

Top Bottom