• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Xagest

Smash Rookie
Do you think there could be some some limited command line interface to this? I absolutely love the program, and I'd love to be able to batch-replace some textures using it.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
hey if i export a polygon, and replace it with another, would it appear as the one i replaced? EXAMPLE:

Sonics mad eyes replacing them with his Happy eyes. Would that work? or Beep?

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
hey if i export a polygon, and replace it with another, would it appear as the one i replaced? EXAMPLE:

Sonics mad eyes replacing them with his Happy eyes. Would that work? or Beep?
They are Polygons but I do not think you can replace polygons at all, which is my request Kryal, if I am correct.

But what you can do is replace Sonic's Run AnmVis with whatever animation you want to replace that with on his MotionEct.pac (EX- Shadow.)

Here is my original quote of the request:
Hey Kryal, or anyone else who probably knows: but is it possible to swap polygons or the sort? I saw Marth with Isaac's hair and Isaac with Krazy Red's head(Lol). Is this what it was if not could anyone explain how it was done?

If Polygon swap is not possible, then Kryal, that is my request. Take your time though.

SK8xp

Smash Rookie
Guys i need the files for brawl box. Ive tried the media fire link with all the brawl files but it says i have to upgrade to a pro account ( which means paying money) if i want to download the whole file..... any help? I do have the SSBB ISO on my computer but i have no idea how to get the files out of it..... do i extract it? Thanks!

SK8xp

Smash Rookie
oh thanks!!!..... wait so i just scrub it? Ive tried it before i got no files....
well is there even a way around the media fire pro account?

ChaosofST

Smash Cadet
*sighs* What in the world is Vile doing...? -_-'

Either it's taking him a really long time to finish whatever voice pack he's releasing with the guide, or he just got completely side-tracked with something else and has forgotten all about the stuff...Again. Honestly, it shouldn't take THAT long. -.o
Well...stuff happens sometimes theres nothing you can do. Wait voice pack? -.- man he's probably being a little lazy

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Kryal i have a request for a feature in BrawlBox
Can you make it to where it tells you what the sample is when you pause the file when creating a BRSTM it would make BRSTM much easier for me

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
@Power Marshall

That was Ike, not Isaac. XD

Well...stuff happens sometimes theres nothing you can do. Wait voice pack? -.- man he's probably being a little lazy
...I'm starting to think people are confusing what I mean by "voice pack" -.o'

That aside, I just now realized that..well...the holidays are over. Everyone's going to eb pretty busy again, so that may be his excuse.

...Yes, I said excuse, not reason. Sue me. ¦D

ChaosofST

Smash Cadet
@Power Marshall

That was Ike, not Isaac. XD

...I'm starting to think people are confusing what I mean by "voice pack" -.o'

That aside, I just now realized that..well...the holidays are over. Everyone's going to eb pretty busy again, so that may be his excuse.

...Yes, I said excuse, not reason. Sue me. ¦D
OBJECTION....Blah blah blah blah.... anyways By Voice pack what do you mean . I thought you meant maybe replacing it with another voice from a completely different game (I sent you a message at KCMM by the way)

pokelover980

Smash Ace
oh thanks!!!..... wait so i just scrub it? Ive tried it before i got no files....
well is there even a way around the media fire pro account?
Don't scrub it, open the ISO in WiiScrubber and find the part with all the files you need (it should be around 6 or 7 GB big) and right click-->Extract. Or something like that, it's been a while since I extracted mine.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hokay, here we go:

• BRSTM dialog has some new buttons. The stars next to Start/End will set the loop points to the current sample. Start/End buttons ('|<' and '>|') seek to the start or end sample. Fwd/Rwd buttons ('<' and '>') seek to the loop points. Added progress bar.
  • CLR0 and PLT0 can now be edited with the new color list. Double-click on an item to open the color picker.
  • CLR0 entry nodes can now be created/edited. Keep in mind that CLR0 entries are linked to animations and should contain the same number of frames. Also, Color Mask is a mask that is applied to the original material BEFORE applying the frame color.
  • The texture converter now has the Median Cut quantizer which is faster and more efficient. You shouldn't need to index images before importing them. As before, it supports multiple transparency levels which other programs do not.
  • Fixed bug with saving long animations.
  • Fixed MsBin decoder bug.

Sorry I haven't been attending to everyone's reports, I've been somewhat busy. Cheers!

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
Hokay, here we go:

• BRSTM dialog has some new buttons. The stars next to Start/End will set the loop points to the current sample. Start/End buttons ('|<' and '>|') seek to the start or end sample. Fwd/Rwd buttons ('<' and '>') seek to the loop points. Added progress bar.
  • CLR0 and PLT0 can now be edited with the new color list. Double-click on an item to open the color picker.
  • CLR0 entry nodes can now be created/edited. Keep in mind that CLR0 entries are linked to animations and should contain the same number of frames. Also, Color Mask is a mask that is applied to the original material BEFORE applying the frame color.
  • The texture converter now has the Median Cut quantizer which is faster and more efficient. You shouldn't need to index images before importing them. As before, it supports multiple transparency levels which other programs do not.
  • Fixed bug with saving long animations.
  • Fixed MsBin decoder bug.

Sorry I haven't been attending to everyone's reports, I've been somewhat busy. Cheers!
Nice job! Looks great!

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Nice! and thanks for updating the SVN with the newest code.

Kryal, I am using BrawlLib for BrawlWall, my stage collision editor!
http://opensa.dantarion.com/tmp/brawlwall/

For the color list, can you add a second column that shows the color with 100% alpha?
I am looking at menumain_en.pac and seeing...well, CLR0 entries with ALL alpha values set to 0 but different colors. Kinda hard to edit them when I can't see them :D

EDIT: Decided to take matters into my own hands. Tell me a better way for submitting code because this is not a good way.
http://i46.tinypic.com/358xs21.png

CLRControl, end of lstColors_DrawItem
Code:
                /* Dantarion's second color block */
                r.X += 50;
                byte tmp = p.A;
                p.A = 0xFF;
                using (Brush b = new SolidBrush((Color)p))
                {
                    g.FillRectangle(b, r);
                }
                p.A = tmp;
                g.DrawRectangle(Pens.Black, r);
I also added a "Fill" option to the context menu that sets every color to one color.
Kryal, I love the way you codddde.

I also want a gradient editor now.
Or 1px BMP/PNG export/import. Thats probably easier.

BUG: Cannot view SOME CLR0 . For an example, check out sc_title.pac. You can't view TitleBg's CLR0 without causing a crash. Maybe it has something to do with it claming to have 999 entries? You can't view some of them in sc_selcharacter.pac either.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Nice update! Loving the palette editor/viewer.

Unfortunately, I have a bug report. When trying to preview the Primid's weapons (his Beamsword, Boomerang, or Superscope) I get an error and the model window is a big red X. I just tested, and I can in fact view these items in BrawlBox .61.

Here are the bug details for viewing the Beamsword:

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.FindChild(String path, Boolean searchChildren)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.ResourceNode.FindChild(String path, Boolean searchChildren)
   at BrawlLib.Modeling.TextureRef.Load()
   at BrawlLib.Modeling.TextureRef.Prepare(GLContext ctx)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0MaterialNode.Bind(GLContext ctx)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0GroupNode.Bind(GLContext ctx)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0Node.Bind(GLContext ctx)
   at BrawlLib.SSBB.ResourceNodes.MDL0Node.Render(GLContext ctx)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ModelPanel.OnRender()
   at BrawlLib.OpenGL.GLPanel.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlBox
    Assembly Version: 0.62.3657.41535
    Win32 Version: 0.62.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/HaydenSD1/Desktop/PSA/BrawlBox0.60/BrawlBox.exe
BrawlLib
    Assembly Version: 0.9.3657.41535
    Win32 Version: 0.09.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/HaydenSD1/Desktop/PSA/BrawlBox0.60/BrawlLib.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
I am actually able to view the Beamsword model when it is apart from its textures, so the problem likely stems from the texture viewing.

EDIT: Oddly, the model is fine to view alongside its textures outside of its normal file. (Specifically, stage/adventure/adventure_common.pac)

Let me know if there's any more information I can provide.

(Also, nice work Dant! On that and on what you posted in the showcase thread.)

n64billy

Smash Ace
... BrawlWall, my stage collision editor!
http://opensa.dantarion.com/tmp/brawlwall/
[/WIN]

[Noob Rant]
OMFG! WANT! Dooood! i super duper n33d that program! where can i haz dload link pl0x?
[/Noob Rant]

Wow! That's just flipping amazing! Does it work so far or are those only concept screenshots?
I would LOVE to help test it and just use it overall! Would it also be able to handle water collisions?

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Don't discuss that in this thread. I only posted that because I wanted Kryal to know that someone besides him is using BrawlLib for something.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
Don't discuss that in this thread. I only posted that because I wanted Kryal to know that someone besides him is using BrawlLib for something.
You might as well create a new thread for your program so people can freak out over there instead of here. This is pretty big news and this forum has difficulty restraining itself when that happens.

EDIT: Just realized you've been mentioning BrawlWall for a while over at the MiscData Thread. People can talk about it there.

Back on track. Forgive me my lack of imagination, but I'm having a hard time coming up with ideas for utilizing the new CLR0 editing feature. It's probably because I don't yet understand the significance of CLR0 files and how Brawl uses them. Now that we can edit them, what kinds of changes can we make to the game? (Besides changing the background colors of the main menu, that is. )

Thanks for the update, Kryal. it's great to know you care enough to assemble updates even while being busy with other projects.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
This is still not showing the Alloys properly.

Those 'holes' in the arm and head shouldn't be there.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I checked out the updated BrawlBox, but I did spot a few issues.

One was already stated, regarding the Primid's weapons. However, I did notice that when you view the CLR0 data, the data is split, and the only color that you see is white. That needs to get fixed up, if possible.

n64billy

Smash Ace
You might as well create a new thread for your program so people can freak out over there instead of here.
If someone else hadn't already made my day, then I'd say that you did. But you sure did manage to make me laugh :laugh:

I'm off to a camp in 5 hours (Should get to sleep then) and I already have ideas that I want to mess in BrawlBox with for when I get back

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
If someone else hadn't already made my day, then I'd say that you did. But you sure did manage to make me laugh :laugh:
Don't get me wrong, I knew your post was ironic. I was referring more to this forum's general tendency to spaz out whenever some awesome new Brawl-hacking program comes along, or whenever some amazing result of said programs' hackery is shown off, or whenever Phantom Wings so much as sneezes.

Quick question: is it possible to make Super Sonic be a color besides yellow by editing his CLR0 files? I know the colors of the Chaos Emeralds are stored in the FitSonicFinal.pac, but can't remember hearing anything about his yellow glow.

Gonna do some investigating on this tonight. This problem has plagued me for months and I'd love to solve it once and for all.

smash_pilgrim

Smash Cadet
first off I love this program

ok now onto my question: is there a way to creat a refrence-plane (X,Z) for the ground or floor-level in the preview thing because if there is it would help me a ton in animating, and if there isn't is there a way that this could be done in a future update?

I'm not sure i explaned that so well but hopefully somebody knows what i mean

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
A way to tell in a stage whats what........ That would be epic. But Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery unlikely. You would have to make it preview the collision data along with the model. Wait.... nevermind

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Cool, but I dont need to edit CLR0s, or at least atm. I'll DL anyway. Oh, and for a future build, would you mind adding MP3, or more importantly, .m4a support? NONE of my songs are .wav, and I use iTunes for ripping songs :U

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
Cool, but I dont need to edit CLR0s, or at least atm. I'll DL anyway. Oh, and for a future build, would you mind adding MP3, or more importantly, .m4a support? NONE of my songs are .wav, and I use iTunes for ripping songs :U
Audacity can convert songs to wav. The songs or musics I download are always in Mp3 format, so I open it in audacity and export as wav, easy. ;)

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Aw. Yeah I knew tht it could export to mp3 (with a plugin) but m4a is the more important :U well theres gotta be a converter somewhere on the 'net...

Top Bottom