• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlBox v0.63d (bug fixes)

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
Brawlbox editing portraits.

so far I have been working on learning brawlbox.
Sorry if this is the wrong place for this. If I should ask this somewhere else please lead me to the right place.

I have been using it to replace CSS portraits instead of Cupash.
Is there something I am doing wrong, or am I looking in the wrong place.
In cupash when you edited the main selection screen picture it also gave you the victory result screen picture to match.

But brawlbox does not.

Did I do something wrong? Or do I have to go somewhere else to find the victory portrait to match?

(as for a side question. Using brawlbox what would I have to edit to change the battle portraits?)

Feel Free to message me.

Sorry once again if this is the wrong spot. I am new to Smashboards.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Hey dude. Welcome to teh Animal Cruelty facility. If you are using photo Shop to make the portoraits, make the Back Ground Invisible, not Magenta.

The CSS Portoraits are in Common3.pac if im not mistaken.

@PM: The DSi only USES, that format. Its used by almost every single Music player out today! :D

Kryal

Smash Ace
Nice! and thanks for updating the SVN with the newest code.

Kryal, I am using BrawlLib for BrawlWall, my stage collision editor!
http://opensa.dantarion.com/tmp/brawlwall/

For the color list, can you add a second column that shows the color with 100% alpha?
I am looking at menumain_en.pac and seeing...well, CLR0 entries with ALL alpha values set to 0 but different colors. Kinda hard to edit them when I can't see them :D

EDIT: Decided to take matters into my own hands. Tell me a better way for submitting code because this is not a good way.
http://i46.tinypic.com/358xs21.png

CLRControl, end of lstColors_DrawItem
Code:
                /* Dantarion's second color block */
                r.X += 50;
                byte tmp = p.A;
                p.A = 0xFF;
                using (Brush b = new SolidBrush((Color)p))
                {
                    g.FillRectangle(b, r);
                }
                p.A = tmp;
                g.DrawRectangle(Pens.Black, r);
I also added a "Fill" option to the context menu that sets every color to one color.
Kryal, I love the way you codddde.

I also want a gradient editor now.
Or 1px BMP/PNG export/import. Thats probably easier.

BUG: Cannot view SOME CLR0 . For an example, check out sc_title.pac. You can't view TitleBg's CLR0 without causing a crash. Maybe it has something to do with it claming to have 999 entries? You can't view some of them in sc_selcharacter.pac either.
I wasn't sure about transparency. Maybe I could just make the list ignore transparency altogether, since you can view it in the color list? You can request things like this you know, they're very small changes. ;)

As for the bug, there are apparently CLR0 entries that are solid. Didn't see this before.

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
Hey dude. Welcome to teh Animal Cruelty facility. If you are using photo Shop to make the portoraits, make the Back Ground Invisible, not Magenta.

The CSS Portoraits are in Common3.pac if im not mistaken.

@PM: The DSi only USES, that format. Its used by almost every single Music player out today! :D

The Selection screen ones are in Common5.pac
I guess I will have to roam common3.

As for editing I use Gimp and stuff, all those work fine. Just brawlbox and finding stuff seems a bit odd.

Thats why I was wondering where the other portraits could be found when roaming brawl box.

Thank you though, I will check Common3 for the other portraits.

But with brawlbox and editing. Can you use it to edit anything? Like menu images and such?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Nice update! Loving the palette editor/viewer.

Unfortunately, I have a bug report. When trying to preview the Primid's weapons (his Beamsword, Boomerang, or Superscope) I get an error and the model window is a big red X. I just tested, and I can in fact view these items in BrawlBox .61.

Here are the bug details for viewing the Beamsword:

I am actually able to view the Beamsword model when it is apart from its textures, so the problem likely stems from the texture viewing.

EDIT: Oddly, the model is fine to view alongside its textures outside of its normal file. (Specifically, stage/adventure/adventure_common.pac)

Let me know if there's any more information I can provide.

(Also, nice work Dant! On that and on what you posted in the showcase thread.)
Help me out here, I can't seem to find it. Which file(s)?

I checked out the updated BrawlBox, but I did spot a few issues.

One was already stated, regarding the Primid's weapons. However, I did notice that when you view the CLR0 data, the data is split, and the only color that you see is white. That needs to get fixed up, if possible.
When the data is split? Would that happen to be the same problem with transparent colors showing up white?

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, I have a bug report. When trying to preview the Primid's weapons (his Beamsword, Boomerang, or Superscope) I get an error and the model window is a big red X. I just tested, and I can in fact view these items in BrawlBox .61.
Kryal, also look at ModelData[7] in Pirate Ship. I think it brokeded.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Well this is just sad.

Every time I try to save, I get those "Memory is write protected, often an indication that memory is corrupt" and "Value Cannot Be Null. Parameter: Key" errors.

Halp.

smash_pilgrim

Smash Cadet
So i'v been working on making all these new animations for marth for my "Batosi the manslayer kenshin" (from the Samari-X series) and so-far I have like 3 or 4 of them done, the wait1, and a batojutsu for his attackS4S animations but going really slow preaty much all do to the fact that theres not a ground for me to use as a reference for his feet positioning and height.

So basically i was wondering how difficult would it to put a ground to help with refrencing thing / if its even posible? its just an idea that i think would be a great help with animating and would result in the making of a ton of really cool psa's

after reading what i just wrote i sound kinda pooshy but thats not my intention so please dont take what i wrote the wrong way (im just kinda new to smashboards workshop area so i dont really know how edikit is around here and i dont want to come-off as a D-bag)

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but with the copy/paste all function, it only works within that one animation. Could this be fixed?

Eternal Blue Syaoran

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueEternal
Does anyone have a list of InfFace.bbres files? (or whatever it's called) who's Battle portrait is what?

Cause I figured out how to do all that editing in brawlbox for WAY easier battle portraits. But I have no clue who is who.

Does anyone have a master list of InfFace.bres files?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Hmm, what file(s) are you changing? Where are you saving to? What have you changed?
Anything. Anywhere. I tried changing one letter in MSBin, replacing one animation, editing one of the Pallettes. Saving on my desktop, my SD, my Documents.

Same message. The "Write Protected" message happens first, then usually goes away and the "Value Cannot Be Null" error happens, constantly.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Anything. Anywhere. I tried changing one letter in MSBin, replacing one animation, editing one of the Pallettes. Saving on my desktop, my SD, my Documents.

Same message. The "Write Protected" message happens first, then usually goes away and the "Value Cannot Be Null" error happens, constantly.
And previous versions?

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
0.61 worked fine, but I did start getting that error just before switching to 0.62, which is weird. All the other versions work fine. I have most documented. <3

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
So, this is important.

Import any texture and this happens.. At least for me. It doesn't give any error messages, though.
Also, note I did say "Import" and not "Replace".

Edit: Also:

I didn't even touch the texures and this happened in Corneria. I literally just resized the Great Foxes scale bone.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before, but with the copy/paste all function, it only works within that one animation. Could this be fixed?
This, so much. It would make character editing a lot easier. I mean, a lot.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Whee! This was a fun release. Okay, there were problems:

CI4 palette encoder wasn't working.
CLR0 entries didn't support single colors. <- This caused LOADS of other problems as well.

Update soon.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Okay, bugfix release. Fixed palette issues and CLR0 decoding problems (which was causing a lot of other problems as well). Also added some feature requests:

Two color columns, one with transparency and one without.
Gradient generator, just select multiple entries and press enter (or use context menu).
Floor can be viewed in model editor.
CopyAll/PasteAll caches frame data.

Thank you everyone for the bug reports! Sometimes things slip through, especially when I start changing how the library manages things. There are so many pieces that it's hard to test every possibility/file.

And with that goodnight!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It looks like the problem involving viewing the Primid's weapons has been fixed up. Also, good idea to include the two color columns, since a lot of CLR0 data has A:00 for each color value, which means the color is fully transparent.

Power Marshall

Smash Journeyman
It seems some of the Textures do not have palettes, therefore can not be changed in color. Is this a problem or am I doing something wrong. Where can I find the Modes' color? (Ex- Group's color is red, Solo is yellow, ect.)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It seems some of the Textures do not have palettes, therefore can not be changed in color. Is this a problem or am I doing something wrong. Where can I find the Modes' color? (Ex- Group's color is red, Solo is yellow, ect.)
The texture formats that use palettes are CI4 and CI8. Of course, some textures may have unused palettes as well.

There's a section, called HasPalette, when you view a texture part. If it reads False, then the texture part is not affected by palettes. If it reads True, however, then the texture is affected by palettes, and will likely get messed up if the palette gets changed.

Again, only the CI4 and CI8 texture formats use palettes, so you don't have to worry about indexing for the other texture formats.

sharigan77

Smash Cadet
Beat me to it
lol i just thought about it and when i seen this thread i thought this would be the perfect place to post it maybe they will add a feature like that (and probably make it compatible with mp3's so it can be easier to edit) cause this one program can be the one that turns the brawl world upside down it this program it seems to cater to texture makers and not us complicated brstm makers

edit: couldnt they sample part of audacity's script or would that be copyright infringement

Starkiller95

Smash Cadet
*downloads*
Thanks for that fix for copy/paste so much! Actually, thanks for making Brawlbox in the first place, you wouldn't imagine how much I use it.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Well, here's what I've got:

What is wrong with these guys to make them not show up properly?

Second, I tried to use BrawlBox to make a minor edit to Red Alloy.

Here's what I did:

- Extracted FitZakoBoy01.png
- Swapped Green and Blue channels (to subtly alter his color)
- Replaced the file in the pac. Palette changed to match.
- Saved as FitZakoBoy01.pac

Problem is, the game refuses to show the altered character, either in Training or Group modes.

Where am I going wrong?

Kryal

Smash Ace
is there a way to edit existing brstm file (clipping, adding volume)
BrawlBox is NOT an audio editor, nor is it an image editor. If you want professional audio/video tools then there are plenty of them out there (and free). If you're particular enough about quality, then you should be using these tools anyways.

All you have to do is export the audio, change it, re-create. If I get enough requests for a normalizer/sound gate then I may do so, mainly because it's fairly easy. But this would only be for the encoder.

Kryal

Smash Ace
is there a way to edit existing brstm file (clipping, adding volume)
Well, here's what I've got:

What is wrong with these guys to make them not show up properly?

Second, I tried to use BrawlBox to make a minor edit to Red Alloy.

Here's what I did:

- Extracted FitZakoBoy01.png
- Swapped Green and Blue channels (to subtly alter his color)
- Replaced the file in the pac. Palette changed to match.
- Saved as FitZakoBoy01.pac

Problem is, the game refuses to show the altered character, either in Training or Group modes.

Where am I going wrong?
Hide the Env texture using the texture list.

Make sure you're saving both the PAC and PCS files after a costume change.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Hide the Env texture using the texture list.

Make sure you're saving both the PAC and PCS files after a costume change.
Dual miss:

Responding to the image I posted up, I'm referring to the holes everywhere the light blue striping is (the part that glows brightly). Pharrox, in his AIS, has it there (though his converter chokes on the humanoid Alloys, so only Green is convertible).

Second, the Alloys only have a .pac. No pcs TO save.

Top Bottom