• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlbox v0.67b Released

mariodk

Smash Ace
Progress:

a idea i got for BB with PSA

since it take time for get a subrotation in all Subaction´s event list: other/GFX (for a mod like fire transfrom on SMBZ mario,SSJ mode on goku over pit and etc.)

can you make a button that can add a subrotation in all event list: other
move the codes from event list other to Main (not delete them if they are importing like model changers or hide items just move them so they fit with the timers in event list: main)
and if you have edited a subrotation´s offset all the subrotation code will edit the offset

will be alittle too bad if you had added subrotation to all subactions and then you have edited the offset so you have to redo anything again

thats a button there is needed since it take hours to do a mode that needs a GFX in all subactions or model changer

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
a idea i got for BB with PSA

since it take time for get a subrotation in all Subaction´s event list: other/GFX (for a mod like fire transfrom on SMBZ mario,SSJ mode on goku over pit and etc.)

can you make a button that can add a subrotation in all event list: other
move the codes from event list other to Main (not delete them if they are importing like model changers or hide items just move them so they fit with the timers in event list: main)
and if you have edited a subrotation´s offset all the subrotation code will edit the offset

will be alittle too bad if you had added subrotation to all subactions and then you have edited the offset so you have to redo anything again

thats a button there is needed since it take hours to do a mode that needs a GFX in all subactions or model changer
that's why I suggested to BJ quite a while ago to look into Blender's logic editor.
you'd only need to edit 1 instance and the link it to all the instances that use it.

*scratches back of head*
too bad he doesn't want to -.-*

just like he doesn't want to listen to what I have to say about shaders.
(they can't handle colors, and they're not seperate from the material)
^those would be material-nodes if you'd like to implement that Toomai :)

Note: material nodes don't exist in openGL,
you would address them by shaders in that case.

Toomai

Smash Ace
I was thinking about working in the direction of changing it to use intellisense:
http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/5839/DIY-Intellisense
and displaying the code in a C# style. What do you think?
Maybe we could have two different editors for the user to choose from. Like an updated PSA-style editor and a Brawlbox-style editor.
When I read that, I think of something like this:
Code:
after(3);
hitbox(0,6,1,361,80,50,0,4.5,29,4.5,0,0,1,1,0,true,Type.Sword,Effect.Slash,3,0,3,true,false);
hitbox(1,6,1,361,80,50,0,4.5,29,2,0,0,1,1,0,true,Type.Sword,Effect.Slash,3,0,3,true,false);
wait(4);
endHitboxes();
after(29);
allowInterrupt();
Since that doesn't have any advantages over the current format I'm guessing I have the wrong interpretation of what you're thinking.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
why not Zoidburg?
rofl

anyways...
why not just have the conveinence of all of them :/

IK it'd be a monstrous code,
but I'd like to get into logic editing and PSA (or Brbx's editor) would be my choice :/

EDIT:
I understand that Toomai :o
and it reminds me of when I used to work in MUGEN >_>

EDIT2:
hey...
what happened to meeting on my chat to discuss this stuff??
it's much faster... heh <_<

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
When I read that, I think of something like this:
Code:
after(3);
hitbox(0,6,1,361,80,50,0,4.5,29,4.5,0,0,1,1,0,true,Type.Sword,Effect.Slash,3,0,3,true,false);
hitbox(1,6,1,361,80,50,0,4.5,29,2,0,0,1,1,0,true,Type.Sword,Effect.Slash,3,0,3,true,false);
wait(4);
endHitboxes();
after(29);
allowInterrupt();
Since that doesn't have any advantages over the current format I'm guessing I have the wrong interpretation of what you're thinking.
It's basically the same thing, except you'd type in the code into a textbox. There wouldn't be any need for move up/down or delete/add buttons or a listbox. You could just type it all in and look at the intellisense box for whatever you can add.

That's what Kryal and Bero were going to do with it as well (something like it) instead of using the list of events. It could take a bit longer to program though so I dunno.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'd prefer just a PSA-like interface to begin with - and it would probably be a lot easier to implement, as well.

Having a moveset-editing program that doesn't either bloat the filesize, or corrupt the file is the most important thing.

shanus

Smash Hero
I had proposed intellisense. that would make me so happy!

if you thought of it a bit like excel, where you do Hitbox() it would then display a sublabel that explains what each field was you were in.

Toomai

Smash Ace
Well in that case, the best I can say is "ehhhh". As far as I'm concerned we're dealing with high-level assembly code here; I feel anything other than the current block-by-block format will be a shoehorn. You can go ahead with it if you want, but I won't be helping with it.

Tcll

Smash Lord
NNID
Tcll5850
I'll help where I can and if I can BJ...
you already know that XD

besides,
I need the base structure for functions for converting between code languages in UGE >_>

heh... thank SharpDevelop for my inspiration XD

NOTE: UGE is the final development of UMC
(convert a .jar to a .dol, or a .iso to a .xbe)
^plus edit w/e you feel like strait from the import. ;)

shanus

Smash Hero
Well in that case, the best I can say is "ehhhh". As far as I'm concerned we're dealing with high-level assembly code here; I feel anything other than the current block-by-block format will be a shoehorn. You can go ahead with it if you want, but I won't be helping with it.
I'm fine with your method too, it's likely better for the standard user anyway. I think of myself as more of the power-user for coding, so i hate when i hit a limitation as far as the inserting/modifying code due to limited speed of hitting add, modify, etc.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I think it'd be best to have both. A full out language without a PSA-like interface will bump the learning curve up alot.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Considering how rarely you have to really code something from scratch, the current interface is fine. Especially considering how much more time consuming developing the intellisense one would be.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
I'll just keep the same old line-by-line editor for now, it's not like I can't code in a better editor later.
I just wanna rebuild the moveset file first lol

Capuchon

Smash Cadet
When i select "Preview" i see nothing, how can i fix it ? I'm on Windows 7. Thanks.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
hmmm haven't updated my BrawlBox in quite some time, I've noticed the basic hitbox viewer is gone :/

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Same here, it's been somewhat near a year maybe since I updated except now I'm only seeing one bone for one of my old imported models. That supposed to happen? Since now none of the animations work in BBox yet apparently they do in-game.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
GAY.

But oh well. I figured I'd have to. Tis' what I've been doing for most of today.

Also, I can't remember how to fix the dashing in place thing. I know it has to do with a certain bone. (ANNND i just figured it out)

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
BrawlBox v0.66 Chrome Diopside has been released.

This release is generally incomplete, it's missing quite a few events and a few parsers. I'm looking for feedback on how well the currently-implemented stuff looks.
I'm not a fan of the different colors, but I do like how you've got the text to display.

Project M devs, you're gonna love this:

Thanks to Toomai for the code to actually render the hitbox bubbles.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait for it. :D

Would it be possible at all to have the ability to view graphics along with the hitbox viewer? For example, if there was an explosion graphic with it.
Hopefully yes, eventually. All of the common GFX are in ef_common.pac in the REFT. I need to parse the REFF entries to know which REFT image to retrieve.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Here's a very helpful label you can add to the Attributes section in the moveset file:

Unk27 == Scale

I confirmed this by hacking this float to be 1.5 in FitMario.pac (only value changed), and loading a Mario vs. Yellow Alloy (who is naturally 1.5 scale) match. Both characters were the same size.

I'll point out here, though, that not all characters have a 1.0 scale. Here are the ones who differ:

Giga Bowser: 0.90
Olimar: 0.95
Dedede: 0.95
Metaknight: 0.95
Kirby: 0.96
Pikachu: 0.96
Sonic 0.97
Samus: 1.015
Squirtle: 1.03
Falco: 1.05
Lucario: 1.05
Falcon: 1.05
Fox: 1.08
Snake: 1.08
Ivysaur: 1.14
Wolf: 1.28
Red Alloy: 1.3
Blue Alloy: 1.3
Yellow Alloy: 1.5
Green Alloy: 1.6

It would appear to me that this was used to tweak character sizes after the modeling process was completed. Further, Samus was the only one whose scale was defined down to three decimal places.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Oh I already have that labeled in v0.67 XD Thanks anyway.
After v0.67 is released, you'll be able to edit the name of the value like when using PSA.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
The Project M team aren't the only ones waiting for this :)

I cannot wait. Will integrated FP editing be in 0.67, or are we going to have to wait until a later version?

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
The Project M team aren't the only ones waiting for this :)

I cannot wait. Will integrated FP editing be in 0.67, or are we going to have to wait until a later version?
Yeah, it will be. All the ints and floats will be editable and have names/descriptions just like the attributes.
Mah boi Pikazz already labeled all the known ones for you as well ;O

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Will there be a built-in way to add names for unlabelled floats? I often spend time trying to figure out what unknown ones do.

Top Bottom