• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlEx..

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So can i use brawlEx with P:M 3.5? im working on a mod and i need to brawlEx it now to get the sfx working (and i wana clone him).

so will this work or no?

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Project M D.I.Y. (PM BrawlEx Base) is currently being updated to 3.5. There is a 3.02 version, but no one has made Project M 3.5 compatible with BrawlEx yet. You'd either have to wait or downgrade.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Alright cool. Whenever that is done.. if theres a new installment of P:M, will that mean there will need to be another update to brawlEx too? lol

also the upgrades being done are on brawlEx right? i need to wait for a new version of BrawlEx to download?

Sorry im a noob with brawlEx so i just wana make sure i completely understand

TopazPhoenix

Smash Apprentice
Every time PM gets an update, the gct has to be decoded, rewritten and tested, files have to be replaced and relocated, costumes and features have to be re-added, and other things need to be done to prevent crashes. This takes a lot of time. The update to BrawlEx is already done. If you go to the kcmm thread, you can download v2 there. BrawlEx can be confusing and time consuming at times, so don't worry. Also, if you download a BrawlEx pack and want to add characters to it, you have to use files from the same version in the pack, which you can also download from the thread.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Brawlex 2.0 is working now but PM DIY 2.0 is not yet working because they haven't decrypted and added the needed codes to make Brawl Ex and PM 3.5 play nice together yet. Have some patience though it will probably happen eventually it's just a matter of time.

Top Bottom