• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawling for President '08 FINISHED! Congrats to the Aryman-Barge Ticket!

Halaster

Smash Ace
Good Games Bedevere. I won 2-1. And Istudying told me that he was unable to make it, something came up, so Baseballfuries, you will get a bye round.

Samusbrawler, You have time. If you find that you are unable to resurrect your wireless just tell me.

silverphoenix21

Smash Rookie
Just two more people and I'll actually be able to participate! Come ON, guys!

PS - Rooting for cba lol, no offense

EDIT:Wait, Halaster! Let ME face Baseball! I'm REALLY eager to be in this tourney!

Halaster

Smash Ace
You can participate. It will be a bit ugly, but you are good to go.
Your opponent is on the first page. in the matches section near the bottom.

Sir Bedevere

Smash Lord
Halaster beat me 2-1

First Match: NEDM (Sonic) vs Halaster (lol I forgot your tag) (Wolf)-Final Destination-Wolf wins by one stock.
Second Match: NEDM (Sonic) vs Halaster (lol I forgot your tag) (Wolf)-Rainbow Cruise-Sonic wins by two stocks (lol Wolf's recovery).
Third Match: NEDM (Sonic) vs Halaster (lol I forgot your tag) (Wolf)-Smashville-Wolf wins by one stock.

The first match was too close. :o I just barely died from that fsmash (I think?). My percentage was insane, I almost died from Wolf bthrow. o.o

Second match, lol gimp. I didn't even realize you died first stock. XD

But you got it back in the third match, I couldnt do much to you. I need to work on my Sonic, I'm still too careless with his specials. :/ And I need to stop rolling/spamming smashes, lol.

I'm pretty sure Wolf is a universal counter to me, as strange as that sounds. >_>

GGs

Halaster

Smash Ace
Yeah, those were good games. Though I was kinda irritated by the gimping on rainbow cruise. I was directly under the nose of the ship, but nope, no edgegrabbing 4 u. *plummets to death* I had trouble getting hits on you though due to your Smashes being good cover. And you roll around almost as much as I do. o.O

Edit: Heh. Ouch, sorry to put you up against your worst.

silverphoenix21

Smash Rookie
Baseballfuries, your FC isn't on the first post. Can I get it please?

EDIT: Woops, never mind, didn't see that that wasn't who I was facing. Hajuka, I'll see you online. May the best of us win!

Cyclopean

Smash Cadet
I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop out. I have to complete a research paper and then an IRL friend wants to play. Sorry Silver, maybe next time :[.

And sorry for having to be a douche and dropping out Halaster, I need to stop procrastinating on these assignments.

Halaster

Smash Ace
Fair enough. Thank you for informing me. I'll hopefully figure something out.

BASEBALLFURIES, I am changing your opponent, now you will be fighting Samusbrawler if he gets his wireless back online. Sorry, but I don't want two byes when that means two people can be fighting each other. I'll modify the matchups accordingly. Now... this presents a dilemma... I'm going to be working out a few options to deal with the situation and post them in a few minutes to get feedback on which one seems most effective.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Unfortunately things aren't looking to good right now. I uninstalled my wifi and then attempted to re-install it, but it won't let me for some reason :(

It says something about an "Internet Connection Sharing error". Anyone know what to do with this. I think I figured it out before, but I forgot what to do

Halaster

Smash Ace
Dang. Well, you still have some time. I'm not exactly a computer genius (I mean... I'm ok, but...). Maybe someone else around here knows something.

Anyhow, there is a choice we must make. One of two things must happen:
A) One randomly determined winner gets a Bye round from each Bracket.
Or,
B) The next round (2) one randomly determined winner from the Red Bracket has to face one randomly determine winner from the Blue Bracket, and then the round after that becomes a three man ffa... The top two players of that FFA go onward to the Doubles Finals.

Personally, I'm leaning towards B because it avoids giving bye rounds, unfortunately the FFA has many drawbacks. You are the participants in the tournament, what are your preferences?

silverphoenix21

Smash Rookie
I was beaten by Hajuka (Olimar) 2-0.

First Stage: Final Destination
Was pretty neck and neck at first, but then he started to use the "Run Away and Throw Pikmin at You" strategy. As annoying and redundant as it was, I ended up losing while he had 1 stock left.

Second Stage: Corneria
Same strategy, except no longer on even ground. Had a place to hide and throw Pikmin from the tail of the ship. I lost while he had 2 stock left.

Well, it was rather annoying, but the idea of entering a toruney and competing in it was fun. Thanks for letting me play!

Hajuka

Smash Rookie
I just beat silverphoenix21 2 to 0.

Edit: Ya the first match was pretty close took a little bit to adjust to the lag, the second match I used that spot a little since Corneria has dips on it it screws up olimars throws and smashes. Was a good match though ^^.

Halaster

Smash Ace
I've updated the front accordingly, thank you for posting your results and I'm glad to know you enjoyed it. I suggest doing friendly matches with people around here and getting a few more posts in various forums (suggested minimum of thirty) if you want to do more tourneys. Then you can join some of the really big tourneys like the ones that are stickied up at the top, those directors have much more experience than I do and FMOI always has an interesting Theme. Barge lets the winner pick the theme. And Kawaii's tourneys are just good competition and fun.

cba

Smash Master
i beat cheap josh 2-1
GGs cheap, i was freaking nervous in the last 2 matches.

cba

Smash Master
I've updated the front accordingly, thank you for posting your results and I'm glad to know you enjoyed it. I suggest doing friendly matches with people around here and getting a few more posts in various forums (suggested minimum of thirty) if you want to do more tourneys. Then you can join some of the really big tourneys like the ones that are stickied up at the top, those directors have much more experience than I do and FMOI always has an interesting Theme. Barge lets the winner pick the theme. And Kawaii's tourneys are just good competition and fun, and cba's are the best, even though he is new.
FIXED
10 chars
EDIT: people join, if 6 people join you will get a bracket today. there is also a loosers bracket.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Sorry Halaster, I can't seem to get my connection running. and I wanted to participate too :( Sorry again

I hope I can get it set up eventually, maybe I'll never play online again :ohwell:

Halaster

Smash Ace
FIXED
10 chars
Touche. And thanks for reporting. Now we just need Barge to get online, he said he'd be around at 7-ish EST. And pray that Samusbrawler's wireless works. Last call for objections to my ffa idea. Otherwise option B will be implemented starting next round.

Edit: Dang, I just saw Samusbrawler's post. Oh well. Ok... it looks like you get a bye BASEBALLFURIES. And I hope you get your wireless back soon.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Sorry omis, i'm home now, I said in the first post I'll have an hour to do my match

Halaster

Smash Ace
YAY! Welcome back Barge. You have the hour. Once you guys are done I will post the second round brackets. Good luck.

Barge

GGs Omis, I need to shield more >_> Dair to smashes gets predictible and its easily shielded but I do nothing about it

Barge wins 2-0

First match on Final Destination: Barge wins by 1 stock
Second match on Corneria: Barge wins by 1 stock

Halaster

Smash Ace
Alright, Round 2 is up. After some difficulties in the first round. Good luck to you all.
Edit: That would make more sense cba. You vs Aryman. I'll switch that now. I got too dice rolling happy when making the brackets >.>

cba

Smash Master
Alright, Round 2 is up. After some difficulties in the first round. Good luck to you all.
Edit: That would make more sense cba. You vs Aryman. I'll switch that now. I got too dice rolling happy when making the brackets >.>
tell me about it, you have no idea of how desperate i get for my tourneys spots to fill out.

Halaster

Smash Ace
No, sorry cba. It would take a long time and a lot of organization... I'm throwing this thing together over a single day. BASEBALLFURIES. I'm currently hosting a match, waiting for you.

Barge

GG's I beat Hajuka 2-0

First match: Barge wins by two stock on final destination
Second match: Barge wins by 1 stock on smashville

Hajuka

Smash Rookie
Barge beat me 2-0

Never fought some1 who was actually good with ice climbers be4. That chain grab at the end was pretty gay though whenever I would try to roll out of it would it just get up slowly every time. : /

cba

Smash Master
No, sorry cba. It would take a long time and a lot of organization... I'm throwing this thing together over a single day. BASEBALLFURIES. I'm currently hosting a match, waiting for you.
*Cries*
*Stomps the floor*

Barge

Thats a forced get up.

Sorry about being gay. I like chaingrabs :p

Hajuka

Smash Rookie
Was that your down throw mixed with a attack, I'm curious I have a friend who wants to get better with ice climbers and it might be nice if i could show him a new trick. : D

Barge

popo Down throw to nana fair. If above 40% you follow with an ice block for a forced get up

Top Bottom