• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl's Best Combos: by Snake

Tub

Smash Apprentice
This is a place to not only list the possible ways snake can set up and use combos, but a description of each one.
Although these are not all going to work 100% of the time, you will hopefully have a better feel of what is possible. You can also learn new ideas from others, and maybe even combine others ideas with your own, but don't forget to share!

1. (near mine) f-throw into mine > follow up with an aerial:
This is very basic, most opponents will see it coming, at higher %'s they will fly too far for this to work, especially if the mine is fully charged.

2. fully charged u-smash > uncharged u-smash:
This is best used when edge guarding, if they hit the lower mortar shell, they should hit the upper one, if timing is perfect, and they are at a high enough %, or simply light enough, this could be lethal. Sometimes you might have to hit them upwards in order for them to be hit by the first mortar.

3. (when c4 is on a platform) f-tilt, f-smash, f-throw, or nair > c4:
this is a little less predictable due to the c4 being offscreen (usually) when this is done, the timing, and %'s could be anywhere depending on the situation so you just need a good grasp on snake, and what you're doing.

4."Head Held Down" charged Up-Smash > Up Smash
Both will land at the same time (often times making both hit)
"Head Held Down" refers to right after his head goes down in the charging animation.

7. 1/2 charged Up Smash > Utilt
They hit the mortar. (This also works with uncharged up-smashes)

6. pull a nade. nade drop. pick it back up. run up to them. when they shield because of the nade, you c4 stick them.
doesn't always work, and not really a combo, but still cool enough to be up here

7. (after c4 sticky) utilt > detonate
pretty obvious, can be hard to pull off (but, easier than you'd think) and can kill at rather low percentages.

8. now its your turn:
there are MANY more of these, so lets hear 'em!

I will update every saturday
________

SuSa

Banned via Administration
You should add the fact that almost all of these can be DI'd out of.

"Head Held Down" charged Up-Smash > Up Smash = Both land at same time (often times making both hit)

"Head Held Down" refers to right after his head goes down in the charging animation.

1/2 charged Up Smash > Utilt = They hit the mortar. (This also works with uncharged up-smashes)

C4/Mine > Aerial = The mine hits them up, and the hitstun MAY last long enough for you to nair/bair/uair them.

Ftilt > If they trip > Utilt if far, C4 sticky if close. Also allows for things like grabs, upsmash, finish the ftilt, or jab.

tEhrXXz0r

Smash Journeyman
C4 stick > Utilt > Detonate.
Very basic and cool if you pull it off. Try to predict when they air dodge after being sent vertically by Utilt. Kills at mid-percents.

Edit: I guess it's not really a combo, now that I think about it. Regardless, it's still a cool tactic to use.

xsephirot

Smash Apprentice
Most of these combos is based on the fact that something has to occur first so I guess I will contribute to the highly situational combos.

Nade toss (without shield drop so it lands right where your opponent autopicks up if they do any move), rush and pivot grab, grab attack 1~2 times, uthrow, and the nade should go off at the apex of where your opponent is in the air.

Again highly situational but if pulled off is like a version of the omnigay.

Superspright

Smash Lord
Pull a grenade, and then grab them if they screw up their approach, then up throw grab the grenade and throw it straight up. If timed right then it will star KO them at relatively lower percents.

I've done it a few times, but this is highly unreliable.

Not much of a pure combo I think, but normally unexpected enough that it usually works.

FFed Uair -> Utilt (At low percents)

worldidiot

Smash Rookie
powershield *stick

then land an uptilt abit later and *boom
dunno if it counts as a combo tho, but it has class.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
I was fighting a Sheik. She was hanging off the edge with tether. I threw a grenade and canceled its momentum above the momentum. I followed with missile. The grenade dropped, exploded and hit Sheik up into my missile into death.

SEXY

mofo_

Smash Ace
crystal were u talkin about my combo?

another combo....DTHROW TECH CHASE....BEST COMBO EVERS.

BTW what happened to the regular q and a?
i think they made a new one so they could update the first post because the other guy didnt really update it much

this is not a true combo because they can airdodge it but i like to use it so: at low % uthrow > rising bair

CouRt

Smash Cadet
what i like to do, is pull a nade. nade drop. pick it back up. run up to them. when they shield because of the nade, you c4 stick them.
works almost every time.

Panix

Smash Ace
Pull nade < nade grab < back/foward throw < Pick up nade < throw nade at oppenent.

^^^^

Professional snake skillzz

Gadokan

Smash Cadet
Not really a combo, but I always seem to be able to set up a combo with Snake's Back Air, that move is brutal :3

Probably could chain it (unless DR is a concern) and maybe a Up tilt? , correct me if Im wrong xD

Oh, anyone got a good way of planting C4s on opponents? I can only seem to do it after a block if they are close, but I always get chaingrabbed .__.

Top Bottom