• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl's Grahpics...The only Wii game that can have cartoon graphics like PS3 and 360?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeeGeeSmash

Smash Apprentice
Yes, the graphics in brawl are amazing, but how they compare to the cartoonish graphics on PS3 and X360?

Mario and Luigi's outfits are very detailed. Sonic looks like he's in the Hedgehog engine that Sega made.....

Me, I think so. HBU?

mostwins

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4742-8002-0115
While the graphics in Brawl are very good, it's nowhere in the same class as xbox360 or ps3. The wii works with very limited hardware.

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
Given that half of the competitive Brawl players still play melee, I doubt we care much about graphics. But yes, PS3 and 360 Graphics>Wii graphics. I haven't really seen PS3 or 360 cartoony stuff, but meh. I don't notice graphics because I don't care about them too much.

finalark

SNORLAX
The graphic do their job. They're nice to look at you can can follow what's happening. But I doubt that a Wii game is ever going to look as a good as a PS3 or 360 game so..... yeah.

flareaga

Smash Cadet
Brawl, is actually quite impressive for a Wii game from a technical standpoint...it runs SMOOTH at 60 fps, you pretty much have to try to make it drop (I'm talking smash ball + bombs exploding + four players + pokemon) etc. AND The game also implements the havoc physics processes all the while streaming extremely detailed fighters onscreen with basically a processor and graphics chip about 30 percent better than the GC.
It is impressive and I think Brawl is one of the few games that bridges the gap from GC to Wii.

Lithexive

Smash Rookie
I think there fine for a game like Brawl, there very detailed and I wouldn't mind much if the graphics wern't that good.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I've never heard the PS3 or the 360 as described with "cartoonish" graphics before.

JacobWins

Smash Journeyman
Wii graphics suck

Brawl graphics are amazing

Sakurai and his team weren't lazy at all, they did flawless for what they were working with

S.B.Soldier

Smash Journeyman
LAWL, yeah the wii's display isn't the best, but right now my main concern with the wii is the lack of playable titles, and the absolute neglect of nintendo to its biggest fanbase.. the hardcore gamers.

Nicole

Smash Champion
the wii graphics are fine...since all of the characters are cartoons anyway (besides snake and ZSS i suppose), the graphics don't need to be great. but it's not even close to ps3/xbox

Snow Striker

Smash Rookie
I actually think Brawl is very very beautiful. And as far as comparing it to PS3/360 well, look at it this way:

If Brawl was on PS3/360, how much better would it look? Would it really look appropriate? I'm sure stages and such would look better, but its not like you can render cartoon-ish characters in super detail. I'd imagine Kirby would still be a little pink sphere even on the PS3.

I dunno, I think the game is pretty and I sometimes prefer it's style to some PS3/360 games.

~Snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom