• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlScape v0.06 - *SSE stages added*

Kryal

Smash Ace
anyone help?
It's possible that it's due to a file alignment bug with palettes. I just recently found this out, and it's something that happens on rare occasions. The library has an update for it, but I need to merge them again. I might release a feature update for BScape soon.

In the meantime, send me your common5 and I'll look at it. You should also remove common5/sc_selcharacter from your SD card just to make sure that's the file causing problems. It most likely is though.

Kryal

Smash Ace
can i use it with mac?
I wish! I don't have easy access to a Mac machine, and when I was able to work on one I wasn't able to get Winforms to function. It DOES work with the mono library on linux. I'll try again soon to see if I can get full support for all three systems.

In the end, I would like to eliminate the need for winforms altogether.

Kryal

Smash Ace
But that would save it as a pcs. and it uses a PAC. should we just rename it?
Both common2 and common3 and pac files with LZ77 compression. An easy solution would be to copy the file to your SD card, and then use a normal save. Or, just rename it to pac.

bcbc

Smash Rookie
when i use it i do everything then when i go to game it freeses when i press brawl soo....KAN ANYONE HELP ME

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
... why do people still comment in this thread? BrawlScape's been replaced with BrawlBox, for anybody who doesn't know...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
... why do people still comment in this thread? BrawlScape's been replaced with BrawlBox, for anybody who doesn't know...
not quite, just an alternate way to achieve the same goal. CSPs still dont work with brawlbox for me, but in brawlscape theyre flawless.

bcbc

Smash Rookie
ok i tryed to replace alot of costumes and cps and then i pressed save then i put sd card in wii and ran gecko os and then tryed pressing brawl training (ect) and it fresses

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
ok i tryed to replace alot of costumes and cps and then i pressed save then i put sd card in wii and ran gecko os and then tryed pressing brawl training (ect) and it fresses
did you let the program finish compressing? I think your costumes are fine, just the CSPs might be messed up. are you putting them into a common5.pac or a custom character selection?

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
We need a little more information about what happened.

When did the freeze occur? When you chose "Training" from the Single-Player menu? On the character-select screen? On the stage-select screen? When the match began?

This actually makes a difference - it would tell us what part of the game refused to load and caused the freeze.

Also, are you using any other hacks beyond the File Patch Code? File Patch version 4.0 is glitchy and has conflicts with other codes.

FMF

Smash Rookie
Brawlscape seriously needs to be updated with some more features

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Hey Kryal, this program was amazing, any chance of it coming back to life? I'd love to see some new versions.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Hey Kryal, this program was amazing, any chance of it coming back to life? I'd love to see some new versions.
When the library is finished and I make a new UI for it. It's taken longer than expected, but I plan on having every aspect of the game available for edit in one program. Things like:

Model Builder
Script editor
Character builder
Mod packs
Never having to open another resource file again

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
When the library is finished and I make a new UI for it. It's taken longer than expected, but I plan on having every aspect of the game available for edit in one program. Things like:

Model Builder
Script editor
Character builder
Mod packs
Never having to open another resource file again
Or you could put those in BrawlBox. :p

Kryal

Smash Ace
Or you could put those in BrawlBox. :p
BBox was designed to be a raw editor, more advanced. BScape is not. Think of it like the map editor for Warcraft 3. Just because you could make maps/campaigns didn't mean you could make models and advanced triggers. You needed other programs for that, and neither method was complete without the other.

They would have the same features. BBox is an advanced raw editor, BScape is a mod designer/manager.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
So about the last week, ive been using brawlscape to edit my texture files to my liking and its been working great, but now ive come to a pickle, when i came home from school today my brawlscape opened up normal and then when i get the the point with the csps and bps, no pictures show, heres a screen cap

http://i46.tinypic.com/24yr1cl.jpg

btw sorry for bad editing on picture, did it really quick

edit first post in like 2 weeks

Kryal

Smash Ace
So about the last week, ive been using brawlscape to edit my texture files to my liking and its been working great, but now ive come to a pickle, when i came home from school today my brawlscape opened up normal and then when i get the the point with the csps and bps, no pictures show, heres a screen cap

http://i46.tinypic.com/24yr1cl.jpg

btw sorry for bad editing on picture, did it really quick

edit first post in like 2 weeks
Looks like a corrupted common5. This was a sporadic problem with the old library. Keep backups just in case something like that happens. You might also be able to restore it from the menu2 folder because CSPs are stored in both sometimes.

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
Ok so i was using this program yesterday, and i had it corrupt my common5 3 times in a row, thank god for recuva(program for recovering deleted files), but in BrawlBox, the file no longer has the Sc_selcharacter thing, maybe this will lead to a fix of this error?

Top Bottom