• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlStats v1.2.1 (updated October 2011)

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Expect the first beta in some days.

The second and third tabs are already finished, but...
A big surprise is waiting for you on the fourth tab!

Can BrawlStats do anything advanced? Such as archiving available replay data in the Wii/SD?
Pulling a top-down view list of replays with nametags identified?

That would be awesome
Sorry, but that will be impossible :(

supermariovb64

Smash Rookie
mamamia:D this looks amazing:D keep up the good work:) and um is it possible to emulate save files? my wii memory is kinda of full:p lol

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately I have no time for the surprise I wanted to add for the first beta release. I'll try to add it to the second beta.

Anyway, enjoy the first public beta :)
Read the instructions carefully!
I have not tested it with the NTSC, but it should work. Please give me some feedback about your results.

mamamia:D this looks amazing:D keep up the good work:) and um is it possible to emulate save files? my wii memory is kinda of full:p lol
Sorry, but BrawlStats will only read savegame from NAND for now...

camzy

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to reset brawl stats. I don't like the idea of having to use it after every single match!

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Is there a way to reset brawl stats. I don't like the idea of having to use it after every single match!
You don't have to use it after every single match. You must use after a lot of matches on the same day, that's what I call a 'session'.
For example, we usually play for 2 hours. After our 2 hours of playtime we run BrawlStats and then it tells us how many matches we played, who many matches everyone won and so on.

Sorry if the readme is a bad explanation. I'm not english, so it's hard for me to explain things well in your language. I hope someone can rewrite the readme with much clearer instructions!

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
I'll rewrite it for you when I have time between programming :p

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I've only got two tags on my Wii, "Bionc" and "K". The one for "Bionc" loads everything like Play time, matches, victories, etc. Scrolling through to "K" reveals there's icons that list who I've used the most, but the numbers itself aren't there. And then I scroll to some weird tag I didn't create ("]Done") with exactly the same thing as "K"...

Other than that, everything works great! And thanks again for making this!

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
I'll rewrite it for you when I have time between programming :p

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I've only got two tags on my Wii, "Bionc" and "K". The one for "Bionc" loads everything like Play time, matches, victories, etc. Scrolling through to "K" reveals there's icons that list who I've used the most, but the numbers itself aren't there. And then I scroll to some weird tag I didn't create ("]Done") with exactly the same thing as "K"...

Other than that, everything works great! And thanks again for making this!
Can you upload your savegame files?
Extract your SSBB savegame with Savegame Manager (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Savegame_Manager), for example, and send me ALL files included there. I'll check it.
I got an NTSC copy that I'm dumping right now to my PC, so I can do tests with the Wii emulator.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Does the Savegame Manager require me to have my Brawl disk? I run mine from a USB drive, so if it requires the disc, I can't upload mine...

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Does the Savegame Manager require me to have my Brawl disk? I run mine from a USB drive, so if it requires the disc, I can't upload mine...
No, you don't need the disc. Run it and you will see a list of all your savegames.

supermariovb64

Smash Rookie
hi!!!!!!!11:D thank you for the releasing the beta:D ill try it to day for sure;) and keep up the good work and i cant wait for emulating save files:p

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
hi!!!!!!!11:D thank you for the releasing the beta:D ill try it to day for sure;) and keep up the good work and i cant wait for emulating save files:p
I never said I was going to add support for emulated savegames! At least not in a near future.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
beta2 released. News:
* some small bug fixes
* some cosmetic changes
* added a page indicator so you can know in what page you are
* the ranking per matches now shows a new column that indicates the total matches
* added a new help screen on the last tab
* the return to Wii menu function works
* numbers now use a fixed width font

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I don't really get how to install this... (I have Wii Version 3.4)

I'm stuck at the "IOS" screen, do I have to install and IOS before I can use this?

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
I don't really get how to install this... (I have Wii Version 3.4)

I'm stuck at the "IOS" screen, do I have to install and IOS before I can use this?
You have two options:
* Install a cIOS (any cIOS will work)
* Restore trucha bug to IOS35 with Trucha Bug Restorer.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
beta3 released.
This is an important release because it fixes a very important bug. Any BrawlStats user must update.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Yay update!

An upload to mediafire would be nice, though. The megaupload link is telling me "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Yay update!

An upload to mediafire would be nice, though. The megaupload link is telling me "The file you are trying to access is temporarily unavailable."
Just refresh the page until it says you can download it :)

But yes, in a near future I plan to rerelease all my projects somewhere else, because MU is giving errors to some users.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
When I select IOS249, it says "ERROR: I can't load IOS249 (errn=-4100)"

I downloaded the cIOS for IOS36 and uploaded it and everything...

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
When I select IOS249, it says "ERROR: I can't load IOS249 (errn=-4100)"

I downloaded the cIOS for IOS36 and uploaded it and everything...
You are confused. There is no "cIOS for IOS36".

That message appears if IOS249 is not installed. If you want to use the IOS249 in BrawlStats you need it to be installed on your Wii.

If you have the oldest IOS36 installed or a patched IOS36, you DON'T need any cIOS, just select IOS36 on the BrawlStats configuration screen and it should work.

And I don't know what you mean when you "uploaded it". If you have HBC installed, you must run the cIOS installer in order to install it. If you keep it in the SD it won't do anything.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I got a 3.3 Wii, what is the safest method to make it work? I'm thinking of either downgrading or that Trucha Bug Restorer

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
I got a 3.3 Wii, what is the safest method to make it work? I'm thinking of either downgrading or that Trucha Bug Restorer
Don't downgrade.
There are two 3.3 different versions.
3.3 v1 has Trucha bug, so it should work with IOS36.
If not, then you have 3.3 v2 (21 october 2008 IIRC). Use Trucha Bug Restorer in this case, but don't downgrade.

ZeroL

Smash Apprentice
I'm quite confused as to how this works... Could you explain to me what you have to do on the Wii for it to work? Do you have to play Brawl first, and then go into BrawlStats or what? I'm very confused :S!

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
I'm quite confused as to how this works... Could you explain to me what you have to do on the Wii for it to work? Do you have to play Brawl first, and then go into BrawlStats or what? I'm very confused :S!
I want to release the final version soon.

Older betas needed a cIOS installed on the Wii, but the final version will only need Homebrew Channel 1.0.7 or later. This will make it a whole easier to configure it, because some users here didn't want to install a cIOS.

Once you have it installed, you must run BrawlStats once to create the needed files (this is mandatory).
Then everyday you play SSBB, you must run BrawlStats after playing. It will create a BrawlStats session, and you will be able to browse through all your data.

The final version is a huge improvement, a revamp of all code and a new GUI. I only kept the way the sessions are stored, so the sessions created with old BrawlStats versions will be compatible.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Final v1 released :)

Please check the original post and the link to Wiibrew to see the changes.

In order to update from old betas:
* Move your .bss files from sd:/brawlstats to sd:/config/brawlstats
* Copy the new meta.xml and boot.dol files, overwriting the old ones.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
Kudos to you :)
I really love this, I am curious though if this thing can go farther than expected :D
I have a lot of ideas to exploit SSBB stats (add Mii support, export database to HTML, etc). Unfortunately, I have no time :(

Thank you :)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
It says that it can't install something. Why? Every other version except this worked. I overwrote the xml and the dol, and moved my records to the correct directory. I am on system menu 4.2 if that matters.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
It says that it can't install something. Why? Every other version except this worked. I overwrote the xml and the dol, and moved my records to the correct directory. I am on system menu 4.2 if that matters.
What version of Homebrew Channel are you using? You can check it pressing HOME button on HBC menu.
You need Homebrew Channel 1.0.7 or 1.0.8. If you have an older version, please update it.

I guess it's telling you that it can't patch IOS. This means that you don't have Homebrew Channel 1.0.7 or later.
Please tell me which version of HBC you have, and also the IOS it uses (it's also shown on the HOME screen). Maybe it's a little incompatibility with the patches I use to read NAND and the IOS your HBC uses, if that's the case it should be easy to fix.

If you don't want to update HBC, you can use the IOS Reload function. Edit the meta.xml and remove the <!-- and --> lines. You will see a line like this "--ios=249". You can change that 249 to the IOS you want to use with BrawlStats. Then BrawlStats will work the old way.
But I still recommend to update your HBC.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, wow, my HBC was way out of date. Updated it and it works fine now. For some reason I was thinking I had a recent version.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
BrawlStats v1.1 released. Features:
* fixed AHBPROT for older IOS, it's more compatible now
* fixed BrawlStats use percentage last tab
* added snapshot feature (press 2 at any page)
* faster scrolling tables by holding up/down
* some cosmetic changes

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
BrawlStats v1.2 released. Features:
* warns user if a session was not created correctly (due to a corrupted SD card, for example)
* shows a loading bar when reading sessions from SD

Top Bottom