• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Break up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Well, my girlfriend of over two years just broke up with me. She was my best friend and for the last 2 years I've talked to her everyday including when she was in Spain for six months. I don't know what to do with myself so I am posting about it here though I'm sure I will come to regret doing so. I'm not even sure why I am, I guess I just feel I need to.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
****. I know the feeling man, well best thing I can tell you is that you're gonna have to move on, and do things that'll help you get over her. Hanging with friends, playing smash or doing whatever you like to do. I dunno how you two broke up, but if it was just one of those heat of the moment breakups, then take a small break from each other and try talking to her again and see if you can patch things up with her from there. Best of luck man.

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
She said I cared about her more than she cared about me and that even though I was a good boyfriend (I'm kind of a romantic) that it wasn't making her as happy as it once did or as much as she felt it should.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You'll regret posting it when certain satirical people come in here, yeah......but Mike G is a bro so you're good. =)

I'm really sorry it happened to you though, Bill. Time will help you feel better but getting through the initial pain is the worst.

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Sucks bro.

In the end I think you'll realize that it's better that you two aren't together cause there would probably be no payoff

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
It just sounds to me that you gave her too much attention. Stupid, but yea... Sucks, bro.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Disregard females.

Acquire currency.

Acquire females.

Sorry to hear that billbro. I genuinely am. That pain is impossible to prepare for.

exarch

doot doot doot
Usually not playing Brawl. Location: Enterprise
If she's not feeling as happy as she used to, you could check out "The Five Love Languages" by Gary Chapman. It's a pretty quick read about how certain acts of love mean more to some than to others... seems likely to me that she just wants you to ___ when you're doing ___ instead. It gives a lot of good ideas on how to make people feel loved again.

If I'm wrong it's still an interesting read which kinda classifies personalities, which I always find intriguing.

Sorry to hear that; I'm still on good terms with all my past GFs, hope you can keep her as a friend too.

But I'm an old fashioned romantic too. GL bro

Pi

Smash Hero
It's likely that she will regret this decision in the future.
She might be in that phase of searching for that 'perfect' guy that changes in sync with her wants and needs from month to month without having to be informed.
The infamous mind reading out going funny romantic black white azn skinny buff nice guy bad boy who stimulates her mentally, physically, emotionally, and etc. etc. etc.

Might juss have to find out what she really wants before she's ready to commit to a 'long' term relationship.

But you aren't required to wait for her by any means, go enjoy your time off, have fun, be single, keep your eyes open.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
It's likely that she will regret this decision in the future.
She might be in that phase of searching for that 'perfect' guy that changes in sync with her wants and needs from month to month without having to be informed.
The infamous mind reading out going funny romantic black white azn skinny buff nice guy bad boy who stimulates her mentally, physically, emotionally, and etc. etc. etc.

Might juss have to find out what she really wants before she's ready to commit to a 'long' term relationship.

But you aren't required to wait for her by any means, go enjoy your time off, have fun, be single, keep your eyes open.
did you even read what he posted?

Pi

Smash Hero
did you even read what he posted?
Uh...yea

She said I cared about her more than she cared about me and that even though I was a good boyfriend (I'm kind of a romantic) that it wasn't making her as happy as it once did or as much as she felt it should.
this part?

That's what I was basing my response around. I was assuming a lot and obviously could be wrong, but my assumption was that she was taking his affection for granted, and may later on down the road realize it.

I was in a similar situation before, and again, could always be wrong.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Yo, Bill, if you wanna get some beers and watch the MSU game, I'm down. It might not cheer you up (especially if MSU stomps us like they very well could), but I just want to be there for you, bro.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
BILL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I'm sorry to hear that buddy, I've been through the same thing man.

BILL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I missed the GG's lol

I'll try to get out there sometime relatively soon so we can chill bro

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
@DJ, i forgot who won the title last year . . . can you remind me LOL. Also sorry bill, i want to come chill sometime as well

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Ugh, Bill, that really sucks. I've been through breakups before but 2 years is ALOT of time to put into something. And to have it explode in your face is not a good feeling at all. Sorry, man. You have all of NC smash's support.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Actually, just got called in to work tonight. Nix on the game. :\

Lobos

Smash Master
I was like this about 8-9 months ago......so I played more smash and had more fun >.>

wait a sec.....wtf i'm in the south!?!?! :)

Loto

Smash Ace
Hmm...yeah it sucks. I had a long relationship as well that ended. It was like 1 year and 6 months or so and It toke me a decent while to get over it. What really pissed me off was that we didn't even stay in good terms at all. She refuses to talk to me now and thats what ended up bothering me the most. It's been more then a year now and she STILL won't talk to me. I find it funny now that I was with such an *******.

But yeah...eventually you'll just get over it. It sucks but moving on from the heart break's the only thing you can do.

Also try not to stay inside much and don't stay bored. All you'll do is think about it WAY too much. Get out and have fun as much as possible. :D

GA Peach

Smash Lord
ugh...i know the feeling. mine was for a bit over 5 years, and then we called it quits. just gotta press on. hanging out with funny friends a lot helps.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Sorry to hear that billbillbrobillbrobythebill.

I know too many people who have felt this. Just don't let it eat you up and consume you, dude.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
dang bill that's all kinds of ****ed up. just keep pushin through dude. it'll all get better soon.

U

Uchiha Falco

while we all know bill is a ******. hence the breakup post on smashboards. what ya'll also don't know is Mike G is the biggest ********** of them all. Let us find you at a smash event, we coming for yo *******.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
LOL did you just callout Mike G. your name is uchiha falco. you gotta be kidding me with that sasukebowser ****. is your ninja headband a little too tight bro?? quit life holy crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom