• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BreakDown Tournament IV - Royal Palm Beach, FL - 5.31.08

Gingerr

Smash Lord
Yeah he used Rob I'm sure, that's who he's been using all this time he's been playing with us at Nexus.

Nexus crew represent!!

Icekid

Smash Apprentice
Singles Results
---------
1st) IcePro- (R.O.B, Olimar, Diddy)
2nd) Linguini- (DK)
3rd) Afro Thundah- (Snake, DEDEDE)
Icekid sucks at this game and isn't a top FL player btw.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
i think rest of the singles was like

-icekid, linguini, afro top 3...

rest of top 10 was (in for the most part order)

xyz, chops 4th 5th. (xyz beat chops then lost)
-Rx, Riot, Myself, Projekt84, colbol (i think he lost in same round)

linguini beat me, riot, rx, xyz, afro to get to grand finals. solid DK action.
and icekid did actually play all 3 characters lol.

top 10 aint bad in a field like this. I'll take it. grats to the icekid.

gg's to hiroshi and his crew... dunno how I ended up playing all of you guys back to back but good games.

Galuda

Smash Cadet
awesome job icekid, i've been picking up r.o.b myself lately, which of the three you played with did you use the most? i've noticed rob is somewhat of a snake counter with his lazers voiding his nades and can camp him quite well....kind of the reason im picking him up, but yeah GJ mate, MATT YOU DID AWESOME AGAIN NICE DEWD, WTF DID YOU WANT TO SAY TO ME ON VENT THE OTHER DAY MANG? anyways....peace...work in 2 hours..i wish i could go to more tournaments

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Um, I'm takin a break from this game guys.

So, Chops and Emilio, you're gonna have to ride with Seibrik for the next couple weeks.

(is tired of getting owned by sides steps and losing to scrubs who do nothing but air dodge and side step)

(Sakurai burn in hell you fvcking a$$ f@ggot)

Also, gg Steve, let's see if you can keep it up or if everyone will figure out R.O.B.

Finch

Smash Lord
At least someone agrees with how grossly overrated TL is. Everyone who doesn't play him is like "man TL is awesome" but most TL mains have switched characters already.

Icekid

Smash Apprentice
I only won this tournament because Flash Metriod rubbed my shoulders

Rieshu

Smash Cadet
Was a great tourney. I had a lot of fun and learned a lot.

RX- Thanks for a great match. I really hope you were playing hard :p. I didn't even know it was you that I was playing until after the match haha. I was all like "****..I was close" and someone is all like dont feel bad, he wins big tourneys and I was like "!?!?! was that RX omg thank god I didn't know that..."

Icekid- Grrraaaattttsssss buy me stuffs with ur moneyz plz. Rockin sockin robots mofo.

WiLL- Thanks for holding a great tournament once again. I love coming to them!

Can't wait to see you guys at the next one!

Masky

Smash Master
Next tournament I will bring deodorant for EVERYONE

jk gg and thanks to everyone who played with me :)

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
yeah so I wonder if I will get more nonsense BS from ppl. I actually went to a tourny and got 9th to a field of all the best players minus seibrik/galeon (who usually place pretty high) lost to linguini who got 2nd.

have to wait and see.

lol @ doubles tournament.. so epic.. too funny.

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
but will's tournaments are as good as they are BECAUSE he doesnt use computer brackets.
he makes sure crews dont play each other so you get the best overall tournaments.

why should orlando ppl play each other round after round after driving for 3 hours to be at a tourny.

his seedings are so good. You play new ppl as much as possible.

Rieshu

Smash Cadet
Agreed, if i come with my boyfriend who i play every single day of my life... last thing i want to do is pay 15 bucks to play him first round in a tourney. Will gets mad props for setting things up to let people get as much experience as possible.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Nope. The brackets sucked.

I almost played the same kid twice, after I put him in losers.

And Linguini played Rx right after Rx put him in losers.

Fail.

I have no problem with Will, just the way he ran his brackets, and this is the first time I've been to one of Will's tournies were he didn't have his laptop with BracketMaker.

And you can still separate crews with computer bracket programs.

No johns tho.

And I take it the above poster is the chic with the massive brains?

SabinX

Smash Journeyman
how is that fail linguini played rx IN THE TOP 8 theres no one left to play man.. that was the end already.

and projekt played chops twice in the tourny too.. and that was for top 10.. BIG WHOOP.

you ALMOST played the same kid twice. so you didn't then.

whats the issue?

true he does seperate them in his computer program too. either way this isnt about the brackets.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Bro, I've ran tournaments for the past 3 years.

I know how brackets work.

Will did not make the losers bracket right.

Plain and simple.

The first round is all that needs to be looked at and separated accoriding to crews.

From there you put people where they're supposed to go in the losers bracket(after they lose).

You don't separate crews in winners finals.

And I woulda played the kid if he woulda beat the kid he lost to.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Will hosts awesome tournaments good **** will I love you.

Also Millia Rage is a amazing character anyone that does damage with their hair is amazing.

Top Bottom