• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking Pika's Cg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yo just got back from WABA games had alot a friendlies but guess I found!!!!
I was talking to a (rusty) pika main (on WIFI) (shut up)and he told me how beat pika's CG!

It's easy just jab when you land(best to buffer the jab).... I was like wtf when he told me, but he asked no one knew that? I have replays of our matches too..... I'll upload them 2 of them have me breaking the chaingrab.
doesn't work on buffered Dthrow chaingrab.

I'm not sure if this is known or not but the Downthrow CG Pikachu has on Fox can be broken with the Jab.
Some Fox player I played with my (hella rusty) Pikachu named Iblis just learned that today.
P.S. PIKA IS LOL NO MORE!maybe >.>

DarkAura

Smash Lord
BOOM BABYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!! finally... FINALLY we stand a decent chance against the yellow rat

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
But the thing is, A) My Pikachu was hella rusty, B) It was on WiFi, and C) Its harder to pull off offline.
Me and my friend discovered this like a month ago.
Thought it was already known O_o

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Yo just got back from WABA games had alot a friendlies but guess I found!!!!
I was talking to a (rusty) pika main (on WIFI) (shut up)and he told me how beat pika's CG!

It's easy just jab when you land(best to buffer the jab).... I was like wtf when he told me, but he asked no one knew that? I have replays of our matches too..... I'll upload them 2 of them have me breaking the chaingrab.

P.S. PIKA IS LOL NO MORE!
is this for all characters or just for Fox? And are you talking about the recent infinite discovered or something else?

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
no I don't think fox can escape the rat has him in the palm of his hand at all times no matter how hard fox struggles he will be demolished ;-; poor fox lolololol

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
needs some one to upload my vids for me...

"Even against the buffered CG? No. You're still doomed fox."

Me and Jiggly remember you, your that guy whose shield I kept breaking lol, thought you were familiar.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
untill i see proof I say pika has the squeeze on fox and there's no hope for any of us.

*waits for vids* <.<

we are doomed to be smashed by his head over and over and over...............

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
needs some one to upload my vids for me...

"Even against the buffered CG? No. You're still doomed fox."

Me and Jiggly remember you, your that guy whose shield I kept breaking lol, thought you were familiar.
Lol, so true.

TBH, those were my first games I ever played on wifi (well one of the first) and I still have issues with the lag. Lol PT ftw.

M@v

Subarashii!
Well, if this turns out to be true, fox will be a hell of a lot more viable than he currently is. He will only have to worry about sheik for super hard matchups, which isnt a huge concern since several people have to worry about sheik, and many other characters have 1 super bad matchup

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Thought it was pretty obvious that when trying to break out of a chain, you just use the fastest move you have. That's exactly what Mario and Marth players do. Anyone with a fast Nair/Jab can usually break out of these grabs, it just requires player error on the grabber's side.

Nothing new.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I'm not really convinced, to be honest. If you are able to show me breakouts from Pika's buffered chaingrabs, I'd be willing to believe it, though.

During the time I've become so suspicious of "groundbreaking zOmg we'll win now" discoveries, since in the end, they proved to be not really helpful.

Of course there are Pikachus that don't buffer their chaingrabs, but I doubt you'll find them in usual play.

Apollo$

Smash Ace
All I can do is see how this will all pan out, hope Fox can find a way around it or it's possible to stop. DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Well, I did some testing on Pika's D-throw CG on Fox. This is what I came up with:

Frame 40 - The earliest Pikachu can buffer another grab

Frame 56 - When Fox gets grabbed by Pikachu's Buffered Grab

Frame 59 - The earliest Fox can Jab

Sorry Foxes :[

Area_6

Smash Journeyman
Yea that sucks.
When i was playing some pika main on wifi just now though i broke out of some early % cg's so i was pretty happy about that.

And yea what mav said

Talonzz

Smash Cadet
Don't give up hope yet. Someday we will find a way to break the CG, if there is even a way...

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
If you're gonna be fighting an unbuffered grab, shine comes out just as fast and leaves you less open. I'm sure you can try spamming both though.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Well at least this means we're not entirely screwed if Pikachu grabs us. We now have something that we can try. It's better then nothing.
(Don't get me wrong, we're still screwed if we get grabbed.)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I really did think it was common sense. If it didn't work in the past, I don't see how this would've been new.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, I did some testing on Pika's D-throw CG on Fox. This is what I came up with:

Frame 40 - The earliest Pikachu can buffer another grab

Frame 56 - When Fox gets grabbed by Pikachu's Buffered Grab

Frame 59 - The earliest Fox can Jab

Sorry Foxes :[
Doesn't surprise me. ^^"

Sukai

Smash Champion
This doesn't necessarily save Fox.
Remember, if they buffer it, which I'm sure is a precaution already taken, then Fox is still screwed.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
most pikachu's who don't suck buffer the dthrow anyways.

NEVERTHELESS, keep pressing that A button!

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah, I've had some luck breaking it with shine, but it's not consisten at all... just helps against people who don't actually play pika and want to cp fox...

quick, bury this thread.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Here's something you guys can try. Turn on the handicap and set your percent to 60. Now Pika can't 0-100 Fox! But you start with 60%, lol.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I was serious. Another thing you can try is cp smashville and camp the moving platform till you reach a percent where he can't cg you.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
I thought that was obvious...the true CG is buffered though, otherwise it's not a CG in any way.

I always assumed that buffering was...like....included in the CG description.

Top Bottom