• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

breeding

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I just found out about this too. Does it even work in this game? I attatched an Everstone to a adamant, female larvitar who's in the Daycare with a Ditto. None of the eggs that have hatched have been Adamant. I'm either really inlucky, freakishly so, or I'm doing something wrong I cant figure out.

I have well over a hundred larvitars...

titus

Smash Journeyman
wow, maybe i did that on purpose to create humor. just maybe.

i think that this works. like leafgreen said, i think that there is a 50% chance. maybe you should try it with a male larvitar rather than a ditto.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
They've been experimenting with this over at Smogon. It does work in Diamond and Pearl with the same effectiveness. However, it doesn't work between pokemon of two diffenrent regions such as Japan and the USA.

ss118

Smash Master
As far as I know, the only way to have Ice Punch on a Sneasel is to use BP in emerald to do so with a move tutor. To breed it, teach it to a male, and then breed it with a ditto/ female sneasel/weavile.

Sux u have to go through the trouble, though

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
the Marronator: The trick does not only work with ditto. Furthermore, ditto is genderless. And it actually does matter if the ditto is "male" or "female." It only works when ditto is playing the role of a female, meaning the other pokemon must be either male or genderless.

lol like everything I'm putting into my guide I'm answering in various separate threads. I need to finish it so I can just c/p stuff to answer questions =P

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Question, while we're on the discussion of breeding... Can Metagross (Psychic steel spider thing >_>) breed?

Hey leafgreen, if you get a chance, could you check out my teambuilding thread. Sorry to advertise, but I need the help.

Anyway, with breeding; In my breeding experience, which has been this week, I'm breeding a ditto with a male Flareon. The nature has been random every time. Neither pokemon are holding any items. The only other thing I'm doing is that I have a Slugma in my party with Flame armor, which is speeding up my breeding process to that of the rate of gerbils. I mean these two are bookin. >_>

I always thought the everstone was worthless, except for not evolving your pokemon. :-? Never realized it could help with breeding.

By the way, if anyone needs an Eevee, just ask. I have about 80. No females though. I've only gotten 1. >_<

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
The only pokemon that cannot breed are babies and legendaries. I think there might be one or two exceptions, but I can't recall off the top of my head. Well, one exception is manaphy, although I can't think of any others right now.

Any other pokemon (gendered or genderless) can breed, although it may have to be with ditto.

And sure.

Radnortuws

Smash Journeyman
In my experience, a few of the things that have held true are such:

If it's a female and a male together, the female holding the everstone has a good shot at passing nature. Example- Male roselia + bold chansey @ everstone = lots of bold chanseys.

If there is a ditto involved, the ditto passes its nature. I've heard stuff about how the female would pass in this situation, but in my experience the ditto trumps. Let the ditto hold the everstone and you will get a good chance at ditto's nature being passed.

And most importantly, foriegn dittos definitely do not work. 40 eevees and much frustration later, i realize my modest japanese ditto is worthless. Yay. Its worth it to get a pokeradar string and just catch all the dittos you can, I know my adamant ditto will be lvl 100 without too much downtime.

Top Bottom