• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brewin up some Brawl 2: MLG prep | Markham, Ontario, Canada | May 22nd, 2010

Rikana

Smash Champion
dayum that sucks lol, we changed the date to tuesdays now lol XD
wut? Really? Since when? I brought this up long time ago but no one agreed with Tuesday. What about the Melee people? Are they in on tuesdays?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Me and 1 other person might need some housing :S. If you house me, I will train you as much as possible in 1 night.

That or were getting $ *****.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Me and 1 other person might need some housing :S. If you house me, I will train you as much as possible in 1 night.

That or were getting $ *****.
if you can drive, you can get housed by the whitby people.

If you look at the map, whitby is on the way to toronto, meaning that you can get housed there prolly both friday and saturday. Talk to citrus.

Patches

Smash Master
Just curious about this, but who is interested in a tournament in Ingersoll? Its about an hour and a half south east from Toronto down the 401. Theres a train that goes from Toronto, there and back is about $62. There is also a greyhound that drops you off.

The thing is, I have three possible venues, most likely the best one I have is closest to the train station and drop off for the bus.

and also, if Montreal & Ottawa come, they already have housing at my house. Let me know if you guys are interested in going, I can make it happen sometime during the summer.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Some rules questions:

1. Ledge grab limit thirty-five?! Good thing games with my chars never go to time, or I'd have to be counting. :\ But, just to be sure: r u srs?

2. Is the banning "No use of Metaknight’s Infinite Cape Glitch." to be interpreted as disallowing any extension of Dimensional Cape whatever, any stall-like use of the glitch, or the very input of Down-Special used along the ground?

(I have such a tirade about how this rule should work, but I'm just asking about this event. I know these are MLG rules, but I'm not going to MLG and just care about playing legally in this event.)

What I will say is I honestly haven't understood the statement of this rule in any of its forms so far. You cannot ban an infinite glitch because it will never be used infinitely; every use of it is for some (arbitrarily large) finite length of time. So how long is banned, and how do we tell (especially with the move being invisible) ?

3. If a rule violation is actually observed - in one's own match, or someone else's - how do I respond? Pause the game? Call for "ref"? Who will be reffing, btw? May a spectator interrupt or call out the violation to the players in the match?

I'd also like to say, it'd be nice if a player could call one term, like 'ref' or 'judge', and anyone you have doing that, Tin Man, would respond, but I guess we aren't so official.
But if it's possible, really consider setting that in stone. It's so so valuable.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Quebec -

youre in luck. Housing is available Friday and Saturday night chez Looft.

Bed and a couch available, plus room on the floor (I have 2 sleeping bags) and 1 bus away from the venue. Map to follow.

Either respond here or pm me.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Quebec -

youre in luck. Housing is available Friday and Saturday night chez Looft.

Bed and a couch available, plus room on the floor (I have 2 sleeping bags) and 1 bus away from the venue. Map to follow.

Either respond here or pm me.
the *****es are out to a smashfest lol. PM Holy or Swordgard. I'm too lazy to take care of this.

.Marik

is a social misfit
DONE. We can redeem ourselves from LBT2. :)
Hopefully. I'm playing Brawl+ and Melee the entire time, so I'll be in shape.

Still sore about me and Tin Man losing to Iliad. Stupid UpB hitbox.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Some rules questions:

1. Ledge grab limit thirty-five?! Good thing games with my chars never go to time, or I'd have to be counting. :\ But, just to be sure: r u srs?
Yes I am serious, you can count if you wish, but in the result of a timeout, the game counts a players ledge grabs for them. And the purpose of this rule is to discourage planking.

2. Is the banning "No use of Metaknight’s Infinite Cape Glitch." to be interpreted as disallowing any extension of Dimensional Cape whatever, any stall-like use of the glitch, or the very input of Down-Special used along the ground?

(I have such a tirade about how this rule should work, but I'm just asking about this event. I know these are MLG rules, but I'm not going to MLG and just care about playing legally in this event.)

What I will say is I honestly haven't understood the statement of this rule in any of its forms so far. You cannot ban an infinite glitch because it will never be used infinitely; every use of it is for some (arbitrarily large) finite length of time. So how long is banned, and how do we tell (especially with the move being invisible) ?
Using Metaknights cape glitch at all is a violation of the rule. It doesn't have to be infinite, using it even slightly isn't allowed.

3. If a rule violation is actually observed - in one's own match, or someone else's - how do I respond? Pause the game? Call for "ref"? Who will be reffing, btw? May a spectator interrupt or call out the violation to the players in the match?

I'd also like to say, it'd be nice if a player could call one term, like 'ref' or 'judge', and anyone you have doing that, Tin Man, would respond, but I guess we aren't so official.
But if it's possible, really consider setting that in stone. It's so so valuable.
I suggest you pause the game and call me. I will deal with the situation accordingly.

I hope I answered all ur questions, and does this mean u are confirmed for mah tourney?

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Thanks for the housing options, we already got housing from Matticus XD so we're good. Swordgard, KKong and Hells might still need housing though. No idea how they're getting there yet.

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
uhh is it this saturday?
I might come (MIGHT)
Also, if i am coming, can someone tell Ally to bring his pokemon game with his DS >.>?

Gichan

Smash Champion
5ive seems legit at sf, gonna be fun to play the rest. I hear there is a blanka....life...

And I hope minus is still good, I need all the practice i can get in this game.

Fones

Smash Rookie
5ive seems legit at sf, gonna be fun to play the rest. I hear there is a blanka....life...

And I hope minus is still good, I need all the practice i can get in this game.
Yeah, hopefully we get enough people to run a tournament. I'll also be bringing blazblue and possibly 3S.
TOPTIERRUFUS5IVETIERWHORE

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, hopefully we get enough people to run a tournament. I'll also be bringing blazblue and possibly 3S.
TOPTIERRUFUS5IVETIERWHORE
itll be small so it will be fine. F1ZZ got mad when i said to partner with me. It was like he thought i was bad or somethin'. BUT IM EQUAL SKILL!!11!11@!@1

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
i'm about 80% on going to this. i'll have a more certain answer by friday. if i do come i'll be bringing my 64 and a couple controllers. anybody wanna bring 2 more?

jasonhan416

Smash Apprentice
yay. 10hype.
LOL..
what does it mean by "10hype"??

ALso, are you bringing your ds or not? I want to battle you in pokemon ;)

And... chance of me coming now increased to 60%...
If i am coming, i will also bring my wii as well. + brawl of course

Top Bottom