• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

bridge of eldin

x9whitey9x

Smash Journeyman
It's banned due to it's size, the walk off edges that allow Falco and DDD to take stocks with a well placed chain grab, and also because of the bomb that gets dropped there, although that aspect is less important than the first two.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
The same reason that Distant Planet is banned. Dedede or Falco can **** you off the sides with CG.
Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Counter/Banned
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

Banned
75m
Big Blue
Bridge of Eldin
Flat Zone 2
Hanenbow
Hyrule Temple
Mario Bros.
Mushroomy Kingdom I
Mushroomy Kingdom II
New Pork City
Rumble Falls
Shadow Moses
Spear Pillar
The Summit
Wario Ware

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
Distant Planet, Bridge of Eldin, Shadow Moses, Mario Bros, etc.
walk off is chain grab bait.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Distant Planet isn't bad with chaingrabs at all since it has one walk-off that is periodically interrupted and assaultable realistically with a bunch of platforms (including a very big one) that aren't connected to any walk-offs. The Bridge of Eldin has two walk-offs with no platforms so every piece of land in the entire stage is connected to a walk-off in both directions. The Bridge of Eldin is also a very big stage that is very spam friendly; it basically exaggerates all of the flaws Final Destination has. The way it periodically divides doesn't really help the walk-off situation since that division is all about camping (it's really not practical to use the division to make safe approaches on someone like King Dedede), but it does make certain characters even more powerful as spammers.

The hazard is not really a factor at all in why this stage needs to go. To be blunt, you basically have to either totally suck at this game or be extremely outplayed to be hit by that hazard. Stage rules should in no way reward people for totally sucking or being extremely outplayed.

All in all though, it is true that the Bridge of Eldin is a fairly non-offensive banned stage. Quite a few matchups on it are extremely dumb and probably too unfair to allow, but there are a lot of fair matchups on the stage too. If you happen to really like this stage, playing it in friendlies will probably still be useful practice so don't worry about that (it also has awesome music). In tournaments, you can find the "components" of what define this stage in other stages. The hugeness is mirrored in Jungle Japes, the flatness in Final Destination, and the walk-off shenanigans are pretty similar in Mario Circuit (though more fair because the stage is smaller, has more interruptive hazards, and most importantly has platforms). Actually not many tournaments have Mario Circuit either, but it's at least sometimes allowed!

Tonsana

Smash Apprentice
The second section on Caslte Siege is a real blast for D3 and Falcos ^^

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The same reason that Distant Planet is banned.
Distant Planet isn't banned.

Elden is banned because

1. Dedede and Falco have a very powerful advantage
2. Matches last way to long and most of the time reach the max time limit

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Falco does awesome on BoE. Lazer spam, chaingrab and a whole bunch of other stuff make him amazing on this stage.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Kief

Smash Ace
i beat my girlfriend there 7-0 in a 3 minute match, with me using DDD for the first time (besides subspace) in my life o.o can you guess how?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
^ I'm a Zelda fan!

Because the big guy riding on his f*cked up horse kills you and drops bombs on you. And infinite CGs off the stage.

Btw, there are NO INFINTE CHAIN GRABS in my fangame, Super Smash Bros Crusade. Just thought I'd point that out. It's not like I'm PROMOTING THE GAME or anything.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Then ****ing dodge it.

I agree I hate when I get chaingrab to my death. Gets annoying.
and if someone can't dodge a HUGE FAT GUY on a giant boar who not only comes from the opposite side of where u usually are but who is so slow that a blind person could see where he is then u are retarted. and besides why is this about a banned stage anyway?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Then ****ing dodge it.

I agree I hate when I get chaingrab to my death. Gets annoying.
It's not that simple. It's like the one part of Halberd, but much more common. It's simply too dangerous and large to have a fair fight there.

AGH, you're stalking me Lawz! Don't make me lazer you!

<3 Lawz.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
It's not that simple. It's like the one part of Halberd, but much more common. It's simply too dangerous and large to have a fair fight there.

AGH, you're stalking me Lawz! Don't make me lazer you!

<3 Lawz.

wtf man i was here first. *throws boomerang followed by bomb to arrow cancel* (yea it's much better than teh loozer i mean teh lazer) oh they're hosting monthlies in scranton dude

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
bridge is too gimpy, the guy on the bull comes and drops ****. and attacks. and if someone picks d3 or falco or some 1 else that can chaingrab. they are done.. match up will be like 100-0

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I also imagine Falco can go laser-happy the entire match.

Top Bottom