• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bring Back Philly Round 2! (Results)

MorningThunder

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to everyone who came out for this one, hope to see you guys on future dates.

Doubles:

1. M2K & Hax
2. Metal Reaper & Vorosh
3. MorningThunder & Noob
4. PB&J & Typo
5. Piffle & Giant Baba
5. MissedTech & Nimbus
7. Migz & AfroNinja
7. Badangadang & Wilco

Singles:

1/2. Mew2King (split)
1/2. Hax (split)
3. Copycat
4. PB&J
5. AfroNinja
7. Theftz
7. MorningThunder
9. Nimbus
9. Vorosh
9. Typo
9. Giant Baba
13. MissedTech
13. Noob
13. Piffle
13. Dschu
17. Anthony
17. Migz
17. Flamindude69
17. Nate
17. Slamchops
17. CallMeMars
17. Badangadang
17. Fblue
25. Moss
25. BossmanJones
25. S1lverP3nguin
25. Trick
25. Powers
25. FuzzyStatic

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
had fun at the tourney, thanks for running it!
I got lucky in my match vs vorosh, but I'll take it. one of the most intense final games I've ever played

shout-outs:

migz for being my teams partner and going to his first tourney
copycat for being the first guy to sit down and introduce himself and play a game and be cool
morning thunder for being a chill host and suggesting jasmine for lunch
hax for owning me in a single falcon ditto, wish we could have played more
pb&j for streaming and falco multi-shines
m2k for being m2k
vorosh for insane final matches, and having a koala on his shirt
nate for rooting for me

would like to make it out for another, but I probably don't have the spare cash to do it monthly : )

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
also as far as pools: I was a proponent of pools because I thought some pool members would be eliminated. My thought process being, ok if I have to jump into the bracket and face a pro, I at least want to get a chance to play more matches (with the tradeoff being the risk of not getting into the bracket at all)

if you guys start with the bracket next time I'd be fine with that. I feel like the top players got annoyed with the locals cause of that : )

riocosta123

Smash Journeyman
Giant Baba here. Had a lot of fun at my first Melee tournament and didn't get womped too badly (except in pools)! All in all, a good day.

Let's do some shoutouts, yes?

Slamchops: beast hair and best name
Vorosh: 2nd beast hair, and hey, you made a shiny dollar!
Metal Reaper: fighting your fox was pretty much like getting r(e)aped with metal, so good call on that. I really like fighting against Foxes that I can't do dumb stuff on! Hopefully I can get some more practice with you somewhere down the line.
Badangadang: good to see you reppin that weegie
Nimbus: bringing a gun to a fistfight makes ganon sad. good games/falco!
Piffle: bahhh we should've eaten more bones but I don't know doubles vs. people who know what they're doing so my main strategy involves getting hit a lot. Your Luigi did preposterous amounts of work though.

anyone that I did friendlies with: should've warned you guys I yell dumb stuff at myself a lot. it helps with maining ganon

classicgamejunkie

Smash Rookie
Hey there, owner at Classic Game Junkie here!

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody who came out!

Everybody seemed to have a good time, and I want to make this a much more regular thing!
In cooperation with everybody involved, we decided we are probably going to be running another tourney on June 23rd with slightly higher stakes. I'll leave it to MorningThunder there to give the official word, but I'm working on the Flyers and everything should be a go!

Thanks again guys! Next time we will have also be including a $50.00 pot bonus as well!

Hax

Smash Champion
Hey there, owner at Classic Game Junkie here!

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody who came out!

Everybody seemed to have a good time, and I want to make this a much more regular thing!
In cooperation with everybody involved, we decided we are probably going to be running another touoking rney on June 23rd with slightly higher stakes. I'll leave it to MorningThunder there to give the official word, but I'm working on the Flyers and everything should be a go!

Thanks again guys! Next time we will have also be including a $50.00 pot bonus as well!

you're the man for hooking me up with a mint condition copy of Banjo-Kazooie for $15. playing it right now :)

Top Bottom