• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bring back rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
I haven't been on SWF for a long time. Today I remembered this forum, and I thought about all the time I spent making mindless posts here, and how I no longer spend time here. I asked myself, 'Why?'.

The answer: the powers that be.

Back in the good old days, we used to have a reputation system. This system was controlled by the users, for the users. If we saw a post we liked, we'd go down over to that icon of silver scales, we'd click that there icon and we'd give that user rep. It was period of love and harmony in SWF - people could really make something of themselves, regardless of how much rep they started with. It was a true meritocracy: a manifestation of the American Dream.

And that's why it had to go. The moderators and admins guard their power closely and they saw how those outside their ranks could gain recognition and influence. Out of fear and jealousy, they destroyed the reputation system, forever condemning the common people of SWF to poverty and subordination. Like a bunch of Nazi Hitlers.

And so: I write this message to all the common folk of SWF as a call to arms. We don't have to take a back-seat to the tyrannical rulers of this place! We can fight back! We can take power!

We can bring back reputation.
Kind Regards,​
Uncle Meat​

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion

I made this banner to represent our movement. I think it's pretty slick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom