• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brinstar's Acid Is (Mostly) Not Random

How are you timing this? Can you make 4 points for when you time this instead of just one?

1st point when it's at the bottom beginning to rise.
2nd point when it's at its peak and stops moving.
3rd point when it's at it's peak and starts moving downward.
4th point when it's all the way down.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
I always counted somewhere around when it comes to the peak (Which is what counts of course).
So between the end of 1 and 2.

And no I wont watch it again for this x'D (Go on if you really want xD)
Maybe I'll count how often they got hit (Accidentely & on purpose like Ally did @CoT5)

I only did a "X to Y" part when it stayed relatively long (10+ seconds), but maybe missed some too.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Semi-random I would say.
There really seems to be some kind of pattern, but they vary about +-20 seconds.
And it's also not always the same high. It depends.

It does only shake the screen in advance which says "acid is about to come" but I think, it doesnt show how high it will rise.
That means, because there are about 9 different general heights, which come about 10-20 seconds, that you probably have to "keep attention" every 10-20 seconds and have to think, that probably a high acid comes (Even though it probably doesnt xD).

On other Stages the warning at least is clear.
On other Stages the hazards are mostly easy to avoid.
(I'm seeing it of the view of the german stage list)

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Yea the level the acid rises to can vary 1 or 2 'levels', and the timing can vary by a lot as well.

There's a pattern, but it's not really that consistent.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Visual cues help dictate how high the acid will rise 3-5 seconds in advance anyways. You can just see how fast the acid is rising and almost every time it helps specify how high it goes. A rough knowledge of the pattern can only help.

What's harder to deal with is the spacing once you know the acid is coming. The top platforms aren't too safe, so most situations force you off the bottom, which can lead to opportunities. Also good against sharking, although MK can escape too quickly with shuttle loop cancels/nado/uair coverage making it more difficult to attack him.

When the acid reaches the top, it's that high for such a small amount of time, that you can simply double jump on the sides to outlast it.

Top Bottom