• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Broken again - incase you didn't see it (Now with video guide)

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Getting grabbed by the Ice Climbers meant strong likelihood of death before, and this is no exception :)

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
never played an IC who chaingrabbed me like that before, luckily I find it much easier to seperate the ICs in this game

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ergh...as if Brentos chain grabbing me 40% with those top tier tyrants wasn't enough. Sweet God, not good for gameplay balancing. May God save us from this abomination.

Once myself and others see this properly applied to the Ice Climbers meta-game, I have no doubt the Ice Climbers will be a top tier character (or characters). And to think we thought Wobbling was bad. >_< hylian is the Wobbles the Phoenix of Brawl, lawlz! Now to find a ChuDat of Brawl! :laugh:

And yes, let us fight in the air. Ergh....if we find a flaw to this to where it is minimalized, we may be saved yet. May God save us all. Not bad blood to hylian, it was a nice discovery, (someone else would have found it, anyways! >_<), but ergh. A totally broken move. The Ice Climbers are basically the most powerful defensive characters now. You shield and block an attack and shield grab someone, they're dead, or really damaged. At least Nana is random, stupid, and drunk half the time, lulz! Of course, that's because she's a stupie *****! :laugh:

In case you haven't already, your new goal and strategy when facing the Ice Climbers is to kill Nana. Nana is a f***ing *****, after all. Seriously, I think this confirms Nana is a *****. A chain grabbing, up tilting infinite comboing, whobbling *****. Kill the ***** Nana first, then kill pimp-master Popo as your general strategy aginst the Ice Climbers now, btw! :laugh:

P.E

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if it´s possible to escape from this move. Maybe it´s just the CPU...

orintemple

Smash Lord
No this is foolproof. Hylian states that it is very hard to do. it takes several hours of practice but eventually you can get the hang of it. I think it will be banned but he begs to differ.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Already known. If this chaingrabs works on everyone and is 0 to death and ICs were further buffed so that Nana doesn't die or separate really easily (which she doesn't seem to now)... we might be facing a ban.

I said if.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Im glad I play the ic's now, but This is why I say "Brawl isn't more balanced its just more broken"

OMAR the O

Smash Cadet
Already known. If this chaingrabs works on everyone and is 0 to death and ICs were further buffed so that Nana doesn't die or separate really easily (which she doesn't seem to now)... we might be facing a ban.

I said if.
Not already known I believe.

"It's actually not the same thing, because I am bthrowing with nana to popo without pivoting. In voids videos he pivots to grab them. I found a way to remove that step and came up with this. You can really learn any series of ALT throws though. This one is just unique because of the nana bthrow without pivot."

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Why does it matter that ICs have more ways to infinite now? In Melee they had wobbling, in Brawl they have like 4 variations of an infinite chaingrab. 1 infinite, 4 infinites, it's all the same thing, since they all begin in the same position.

SFJake

Smash Apprentice
Wow.

I hate Nintendo even more now.

If the tournaments don't ban infinites, this game will definitively become horrible at competition.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow.

I hate Nintendo even more now.

If the tournaments don't ban infinites, this game will definitively become horrible at competition.
It already is horrible.

At least now we have more choice.
A) Camping
B) Infiniting
C) Camping into Infiniting
or
D) Neither of the above and not standing a chance

Ojanya

Smash Ace
No this is foolproof. Hylian states that it is very hard to do. it takes several hours of practice but eventually you can get the hang of it. I think it will be banned but he begs to differ.
It will not be banned. It's avoidable. Don't get grabbed.

This is kind of old, people have known this for a while. There's tons more grab combos than just that as well.

Javier78

Smash Apprentice
Finally, I get to see the video. But ****....that looks like it may take a while to master.

Ice Climbers FTW!:D

Finch

Smash Lord
If they banned the wobble in certain circles, why wouldn't they ban this?
because there are like 27 variations of this that all result in completely unescapable death, so you would either have to ban IC's grab or just ban the character all together. In either case no one would play them.

Twin Dreams

Smash Ace
It will not be banned. It's avoidable. Don't get grabbed.

This is kind of old, people have known this for a while. There's tons more grab combos than just that as well.

LOL!!

"Don't get grabbed."

Ok, let's see you play a match and not get grabbed 3 times. If you mess up ONCE, you're dead.

However, ICs has infinites in melee. They were very hard to perform, and thus, didn't affect the tournament scene. This will follow everything else for its enforcement of banning.

1. It will be used by many people.
2. It will dominate tournaments.
3. It will be banned.

Finch

Smash Lord
"Don't get grabbed" was actually a semi-legitimate excuse in melee when we had l-canceling and ICs had no traction so they couldn't shieldgrab anything. However, this is brawl and it's almost impossible not to get grabbed if your opponent wants to grab you so ICs = broken.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Isn't this the kind of don't-make-a-mistake combat people some people have been looking for? This could be banned if only the ICs can pull tricks like this, but if more of these start emerging, a punishment game could emerge that Brawl was scorned for not having at first.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Don't get grabbed is even more important in brawl. Ice Climbers are bordering on the brink of unstoppable since one grab really does lead to an easy instant kill. The infinites in this game are so much easier than melee's.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Wobbling is way easier to keep up than the chaingrab is. Not only does it rack up damage faster, but it's just easier to time. The timing of the chaingrab varies for every character, so it's really hard to adjust your timing on the fly and not screw up. With Wobbling if you screw up your timing you likely got at least 50 damage out of it (and Nana can smash as the opponent breaks out).

WarxePB

Smash Ace
It's kind of funny, actually. Everyone keeps saying "Meta Knight is broken!", "Wolf is OP!" and "Olimar is too good!", but, of the entire roster, the first truly 'broken' characters are the Ice Climbers.

I'm not so sure that this is good for the metagame, though. Either everyone will pick ICs and the competitive scene will devolve into who can get grabbed first, or everyone will pick characters with projectiles to counter the ICs, meaning that the currently campy nature of Brawl will only become more prevalent. Either way, everything eventually becomes stagnant, and no one wants to play Brawl anymore.

Someone needs to test this on a good player to see if it can be DI'd out of.

Tristan_win

Not dead.

I said if.
As a Sheik main in melee I can completely say without a doubt that if the ice climbers where banned I wouldn't mind one bit.

In fact I might even celebrate.

Top Bottom