• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Broken Characters of the Non Meta Knight Sort

Magitek Angel

Smash Rookie
There's enough debate going back and forth about Meta Knight right now already. I was curious if anyone had any serious complaints about any other characters in the game.

I actually have a harder time beating Olimars than I do Meta Knights, his range and priority is something I haven't been able to work around yet. I acknowledge at the same time I'm a novice player, and probably one who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Any other gripes?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Nope, no other characters are...broken. (except maybe for above posters complaint. =P)

I find Marth annoying to fight though.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
They're not "broken" per se, but I find the Ice Climbers most out of place. Even against MK, it feels like an actual battle, but against Ice Climbers it's just a tedious exercise in avoiding grabs. It's not a fun matchup, it's not satisfying, it's just tedious.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
On a serious note, I think certain aspects of some characters' games could be categorized as "broken," sich as DDD's infinite on Samus, Mario, Luigi, DK, and Bowser, and the IC's chaingrab, but those characters have things to offset those broken parts of their game, like D3 getting totally ***** by Falco and the IC's having a horrid grab range, but that is why MK is the only broen character, he has no glaring thing to exploit against his broken priority, power, gimping ability, and recovery, unless to can out-prioritze him.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I think Dedede is very unbalanced, as well as Snake's tilts, though I don't think either of those are truly "broken".

kupo15

Smash Hero
Gaw is way overpowered. You wanna know something thats really broken? Up b's that DONT put you in the falling state like snake, pit, mk, gaw....way to ruin the rep and the value of the up b sakurai....

wangston

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon is the most broken character in the game. I also mean the literally definition of broken.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I hate Snakes tilts, I can overcome it though.

Ice Climbers. Their chaingrab makes me want to shoot a puppy.

Oh, and Luigi.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Just like G&W is randomly broken:laugh:
Seriously, Mr. G&W's moveset is pretty messed up.:dizzy:
no. i'll argue this to hell and back. think he's broken. look at the basics

down-b = unpractical = useless
side-b = unpractical = useless
f-tilt < d-tilt, for any situation. therefore f-tilt = useless
up-smash is easily unavoidable. its very slow.
u-tilt = terrible range.

so useful moves = d-tilt, fair, nair, backair, fsmash, dsmash, up-b.

d-tilt = good. i can't deny that.
f-air = only off the ledge. terrible landing lag

nair.fair,backair,up-b. think about it. If g&w didn't have a good up-b, and was in a state of falling, he'd be crap tier. How could he live? He dies at >100%, why wouldn't he get a good recov? And out of that recov, he needs some good moves to save him.

f-smash and d-smash are good too.

Ice Climbers. Their chaingrab makes me want to shoot a puppy.
QFT

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Dude G&w is so easy to play its not even funni.
wrong. Its easy to beat stupid people with g&w.

EDIT: I noticed you have my sig in yours... i'll be a bit nicer.

Its just, so many people think OMG OVERPOWERED. But once you sit down and play a good (hell, even decent) g&w for awhile, its really not that hard.

I guess i'm the second best g&w in michigan, right behind NoJ. I was at a tourney with him yesterday. We talked about it. Take snake for example. Snake doesn't even have to be good to beat g&w. I mean, snake is a great character who's abnormal play style makes him unique, but the fact that snake's vertical kill moves make him an insanely good player against g&w.

I mean sure, a non top/high tier character can't take him. But who non top/high tier character can take on snake? d3? falco?

none can really.

Its all about getting past g&w's spam, and not letting him trick you into falling into a smash. You don't out play g&w, you out smart him. Thats where many people go wrong.

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
Against other top tiers, yes G&W is nothing special, agaisnt the rest of the cast, he is rapage. But other then that fact hes incredibly easy to pick up and own with. I pick up G&W like 2 days ago and played like 10 matchs with him, hes already half decent to compete in tourneys.

Also about the sig, i saw your video about 1 month ago and cracked up, then i saw your sig and i was like: NEW SIG TIME!

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Against other top tiers, yes G&W is nothing special, agaisnt the rest of the cast, he is rapage. But other then that fact hes incredibly easy to pick up and own with. I pick up G&W like 2 days ago and played like 10 matchs with him, hes already half decent to compete in tourneys.

Also about the sig, i saw your video about 1 month ago and cracked up, then i saw your sig and i was like: NEW SIG TIME!
well tourney decent against who? i mean, you gotta realize, i play with NoJ, panda, anther, omniswell, etc, i gotta be **** good to even think about competing on their level

everyone has forgotten about THE TURTLE!
its t3h turtle, and its not as good as everyone once made it out to be. It can sort've be punished cuz its really predictable.

KillaFrmNY

Smash Ace
well tourney decent against who? i mean, you gotta realize, i play with NoJ, panda, anther, omniswell, etc, i gotta be **** good to even think about competing on their level

its t3h turtle, and its not as good as everyone once made it out to be. It can sort've be punished cuz its really predictable.
Ugh... trust me man hes easy. Of course when u face the best of the best then it all comes down to the better player.

Top Bottom