• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Broken Hit Box # 1 - 4/21/2013 - Brooklyn, NY - http://www.twitch.tv/flame6753

clubbadubba

Smash Master
good tourney, greg too good. kero too better. sensei too best.

okay i have to post this just for cmu since he was convinced that if you make it all the to WF and lose, sending you to LF, that you have played the same number of games as if you lost the first round and played your way all the way to LF.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=20zy6mg&s=4

As you can see cmu, player A has only played 3 games but has reached LF. Player B lost his first game and played to LF, but he had to play 3 games. 8 man so its 2^n.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i cannot wait to hear the commentary on my matches so i know what to work on

this was a helluva lot of fun

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
lol Battlecow always calls people out whenever they do worse than expected <3
yeahhhhhhh, well the results were somewhat surprising. Kero and Stranded's game have improved wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much. Didn't know greg was this good also

thegreginator

Smash Journeyman
yeahhhhhhh, well the results were somewhat surprising. Kero and Stranded's game have improved wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much. Didn't know greg was this good also
I was very impressed with Kero and Stranded. Stranded had an incredibly technical Falcon and I don't think he's been playing the game for that long.

This adds validation to my theory that growing up amidst a regional community of good Smash players does wonders for each individual's skill level. Stranded and Kero came with a crew of 4 guys who were all from the same area and were all decently good. Also see: Tacna, Lima, Japan, and Bay Area California. And soon to be NY area?? Let's go JimmyJoe, Sensei, Koro and friends.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
lol Battlecow always calls people out whenever they do worse than expected <3
Pretty **** move IMO. Everyone should rub it in his face next time he does worse than usual.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I was very impressed with Kero and Stranded. Stranded had an incredibly technical Falcon and I don't think he's been playing the game for that long.

This adds validation to my theory that growing up amidst a regional community of good Smash players does wonders for each individual's skill level. Stranded and Kero came with a crew of 4 guys who were all from the same area and were all decently good. Also see: Tacna, Lima, Japan, and Bay Area California. And soon to be NY area?? Let's go JimmyJoe, Sensei, Koro and friends.
Thing is, they weren't even good at Apex 2012. They were just dedicated enough to get really good just by playing each other mostly. Pretty impressive.

Battlecow

Play to Win
You guys have some ****ed up ideas about tournament etiquette

Nintendude knows he performed below expectations, I'm not, like, rubbing it in his face I'm just acknowledging and commiserating

I'm not gonna get mad if someone expresses the opinion that I could have done better. Sheer's not the sharpest tool in the the shed though, so he'll probably talk a bunch of **** on smashboards afterwards and then act like it was the same thing. And that would offend me. But I digress

My bad if I came across as calling you out nintendude

Nintendude

Smash Hero
It's fine it's just motivation for me to get better before Zenith. btw, midwest should come to Zenith. 2 days plus POOLS and all of EC's finest. We're aiming for 64+ entrants.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
battlecattle you really pointed it out just to point it out. You didn't offer Nintendude any sympathy, support, or encouragement. What could he have possibly gained from you saying "ooh nintendude did bad", which is essentially what you said.

Your people skills are lacking. You say mean and condescending things on here all the time.

You should try your best to limit that stuff towards me only. I enjoy our rivalry. Plus I know I'm more bad ass than you in pretty much every way, so I can take it. =]

Battlecow

Play to Win
battlecattle you really pointed it out just to point it out. You didn't offer Nintendude any sympathy, support, or encouragement. What could he have possibly gained from you saying "ooh nintendude did bad", which is essentially what you said.

Your people skills are lacking. You say mean and condescending things on here all the time.

You should try your best to limit that stuff towards me only. I enjoy our rivalry. Plus I know I'm more bad *** than you in pretty much every way, so I can take it. =]
Get off of smashboards lol

such a sweetheart in person, too.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I really really wanna go

but school

but I really really really wanna go

It sounds dope as ****

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Leave Friday after class and drive Sunday night. With a full car you can take driving shifts and get plenty of sleep. I did that for Big House 2 and didn't have to take any time off from work.

The Star King

Smash Hero
lol I accidentally caused more Sheer vs Battlecow beef (pun intended)

I suppose I should be ashamed.

Battlecow I didn't mean that I had a problem with it or anything for the record (dunno if you thought I did or not). It was just an observation. You keep doing what you do, 'cause that's what makes you, you (rhyme time).

SheerMadness

Smash Master
No beef. At least not on my side. It's just an entertaining rivalry to me.

I know in the end he's probably a good kid. He's just a little rough around the edges communicating with others.

I'll always be nice to him in person. But at the same time I'll have some fun calling him on things.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
a few days ago alex said pre reg would be up tomorrow. so i have no idea what's going on with that.

SPREAD THE WORD

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Pre reg is going up soon and yes you have to pre reg. It's someone else's job entirely to set up the pre reg and I guess he's just being slow.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
i legit did zero work the last month and a half of high school. once prom passed there was a collective "**** this" attitude and nobody wanted to do anything, least of all the teachers.

you can reward yourself with a little smash tourney action

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i legit did zero work the last month and a half of high school. once prom passed there was a collective "**** this" attitude and nobody wanted to do anything, least of all the teachers.

you can reward yourself with a little smash tourney action
Prom? Was done with that **** in January

LLDL

Smash Hero
apparently twitch.tv deletes your stream after a few days and do not tell you when they're going to do it. So losers finals was not saved. It wasn't recorded locally so I was relying on being able to just download the stream archive and upload that. What a ****ty service.

All that's left is grand finals I guess then.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Now that I think about it, greginator vs nintendude LQF, stranded vs greginator LSF, and then greginator vs kero LF is what is missing. I'm starting to hate twitch for this.

Top Bottom