• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Broken Knight just ***** Ganondorf.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Seriously.

I know there's a matchup thread, but any tips for dealing with Brawl's most broken character?
MK? well its... um..... hmmm.... pick someone else? lol

abuse whatever reach you can and DO NOT STAY IN THE AIR. like ganons Dtilt reachs alot further than MK can. also gimpings going to be a ***** but you could always ganoncide you both. i actually need to work on fighting MK with Ganon. sorry i can't be of more help.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Diddy kong is even with him, and does rather well actually, he doesn't even seem broken when i use teh diddeh kogn!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Counterpick with G&W or Snake, the two characters that are most likely to have the advantage on MK.

Snake, it's all about pressuring MK with grenades IIRC, but right now the matchup sounds iffy according to tournament results. G&W however, you can go ask xyz from Florida, and like...he hasn't lost to an MK yet. G&W outranges MK, can D-throw D-smash him, do all sorts of ridiculous stuff to punish the Tornado, and in general is a lot stronger than MK.

Calixto

Smash Apprentice
I just end up picking Samus(my second) against him if the MK user is of of some skill approaching mine. Ganondorf just has to work much harder against him to win than the MK does. As a Ganandorf mainer, MK is the only character I have to switch out to deal with (except maybe Pit, but for some reason he doesn't seem to be very popular).

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
Ganon pretty much gets spanked in this match up unfortunately, but it is awesome when you pull off a perfectly timed dair to spike MK right when he does an up+b.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
were sorry but theres not alot Ganon has on MK to really get by even decently, unless your supreamly good. i made a topic similar to this for Fox VS G&W and it went about the same way so i know it sux. i mean my skill with my Ganon is way better than my sisters with MK and she's able to keep the match even like were of the same skill. :/

:034:

Smash Hero
This thread went from "How can I fight MK with Ganon" to "Who should I counterpick against MK"

Thanks a lot, guys. =/
Well, you are basically asking how to defeat the best character in the game with the worst character in the game. You're not really going to get a good answer.

In any case... Dash attack ***** against Meta Knight. It kills him at as low as 85% if it's fresh, and can be done as a Murder Choke follow-up. Edgeguarding him is useless, go for immediate kills. Spiking him is easily countered with his multiple jumps. I suppose stutter stepping your fsmash is good, more range and fsmash is a good on-stage kill move. I don't actively fight against Meta Knights, though.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Falco is good against MK i hear, the laser stops the whornado, check the Falco boards for more info. i also don't fight MK much and even if i do i'd go Zelda before Ganon simply b/c im better as Zelda. :ohwell:

Mmac

Smash Lord
Why not help him? Maybe he just want's to use Ganondorf. Maybe he's just a single main, dedicated to that character. Isn't that what a true Ganondorf Fan is?

I haven't really played Ganondorf in awhile (He was my secondary, then I stop using him along with all my other secondaries and Just focused on Yoshi for the past 3 months). From what I can remember, I believe Ganondorf can snag MK Out of his tornado (Probably wrong). What I am for certain is that when MK is above you, you have the upper hand because Ganondorfs Uair completely owns his Dair..... and that's all I can recall. Haven't fought many MK's with my Ganondorf.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
no you can't grab him out of whorenado, or at least if possible in anyway which i doubt, i haven't been able too. yes Ganons Uair can beat MK's Dair but MK can just airdodge, or jump away. thunderstroming him doesn't work so good b/c MK is too short.

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
If you can flame choke MK, jab sometimes follows up. If you can do that and get him offstage, feint a dair spike attempt, then uair instead.

Other than that, I aint got ****.

darkserenade

Smash Ace
Similar to the last poster, flame choke, dtilt, and fair often racks up a good amount of damage.

Pi

Smash Hero
shield grab to make him play less aggressive...killing him once w/ the choke of death (like suicide him w/ it) will make him less aggressive off the stage too, use tilts (sept for the up one)

__V

Smash Journeyman
Dash attack is pretty effective. Mach Whornado is an auto-win for MK. Stay away from that.

If, and when, he knocks you off the stage and comes to gimp you, Dair that sucker out of Shuttle Loop.

poogstyle

Smash Rookie
You'll want to play fairly defensively and exploit Ganon tilts as muchs as possible. Do not go for the punch, you will just get the **** whorenadoed out of you...don't go for grabs. Use your choke when you see an opening, and don't hesitate to Ganoncide if things are looking bad. Dash attacks work well as do Uairs. Go for the Dair if you get the opportunity, but most opponents will be expecting it from a good Ganon player so, be prepared for an attack or air dodge, and do not attempt when you are at a high percentage. All in all, you should really just use your Falco against MK because if your opponent is as good or perhaps a bit worse than you, you are not going to win as Ganon.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Normally I'd give advice, but if the MK is NEAR your skill level, you wont be winning Im afraid. It's the Shiek Bowser of Brawl, possibly even worse

gojira345

Smash Apprentice
Ftilt? Really?

I always flame choke and jab, then follow up with down b off the stage to dair, or what I said earlier.

I suck at the Dorf though, but I'm always looking for new techniques. Maybe one day we'll find out utilt is a game breaker.

Griffard

Smash Ace
Ftilt? Really?

I always flame choke and jab, then follow up with down b off the stage to dair, or what I said earlier.

I suck at the Dorf though, but I'm always looking for new techniques. Maybe one day we'll find out utilt is a game breaker.
yeah you can ftilt, jab, or dtilt MK after a flame choke. MK is one of the chars where all 3 are guaranteed follow ups. just ftilt at around 100% and you have yourself a kill

Metal_Dave

Smash Journeyman
yeah you can ftilt, jab, or dtilt MK after a flame choke. MK is one of the chars where all 3 are guaranteed follow ups. just ftilt at around 100% and you have yourself a kill
Yeah that's the only way you can KO him pretty much since he's all over the place or actually try to spike him with dair perfectly when he does up b, but that's difficult to time as well.

El Drago

Smash Cadet
D tilt and F tilt a whole lot, be prepared for his blade to collide and follow with jabs. Approach with auto-canceled stomps and follow them (expect them to miss) with jabs.

Dont use F-air at all untill MK is at around 60%, it will KO him from the middle of FD at 70%, at the very side at 50%. I like to use either that or a simple F smash against MK for finishing blows, your F smash comes out very fast when you consider how hard it hits.

MK is retardedly fast, but 3 stomps and a F smash will KO him from almost anywhere, 4 hits, pretty crazy when you think about it.

Good luck!

Top Bottom