• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

D

Deleted member

That Final Smash is amazing.

This is one of many reasons why I supported Mega Man. Mega Man had so much potential for a great move set and a massive amount of possibility. To see him executed in Smash so flawlessly makes me proud to be a fan of Mega Man and a fan of Smash. Truly one of the best decisions made so far to this game and my favorite part of the Smash Direct (and it had a lot of great moments).

Last edited by a moderator:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Yeah, Elecman is a bit of a strange choice. Not a bad one mind you, just strange. I didn't think any of the Robot Masters would have been chosen over the others. And I would have liked seeing Bass or Protoman in HD. But it's fine with me nonetheless. He does look cool though.
I have a theory that Protoman is an alternate costume for Megaman. And that's why he's not an AT.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
tbh, I'm not too fond of the Final Smash.
I'd rather see something more original.
Guess it's a matter of taste.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Part of me wonders if Inafune might have been the one to decide who the MM AT would be, like if Sakurai asked him or something. Elec Man after all seems like the most logical Inafune answer.

Btw guys, those press kits that came out, I have the Wii U ready to put in, but I'm having issues getting the 3ds ones. The only site I can even find them on is IGN but some of them won't load for me no matter what plus it has the ugly water mark. Does anyone know of another better site to get the 3ds images from?

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Just to get this rollin'
- Who is your favourite Robot Master?
I'm not too great with the Mega Man series, but when I played the little bit I did, it was X4, X5, and X6.

I would like to be:

I won't be offended if you tell me you saw it coming.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

So guys, I was recently going through the Direct, seeing if I overlooked anything to add to the movelisting guide. Turns out I overlooked Mega Man's pummel (now added to the OP of that btw). So I'm sitting there pausing the YT vid for a good screencap to put into the guide when I got......this

You're welcome

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
So guys, I was recently going through the Direct, seeing if I overlooked anything to add to the movelisting guide. Turns out I overlooked Mega Man's pummel (now added to the OP of that btw). So I'm sitting there pausing the YT vid for a good screencap to put into the guide when I got......this

You're welcome
It's a little weird, he just kind of...pinches them.

Neo Zero

No, thats not the pummel....though he actually does just pinch them lol.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I like the Tie's animation being independent from DK's.
It's a strong, independent Tie that no need no Kong.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Remember when Mega Man being confirmed for smash was the biggest thing?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
What do you mean 'remember when'? Are you telling me it isn't still?
Nope. All the hype left mega man and moved on to the guy in my avatar a.k.a. THE BEST SMASHER.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
That was brilliant.

btw, Mega Man's Super Arm: I, too, have looked at the clip a couple times.
Although it's pretty irrelevant to date, it sure looks like he's got some beast Grab Range going on. Me like.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
I was wondering if you Mega Man followers could help me out. In the Little Mac Reveal Trailer it looks like Bowser is't flinching at all when shot by the Mega Buster.
http://youtu.be/BdQg43n2OaM?t=2m19s

Does this move have any knock back or not? I was wondering if Bowser is unique in this non-flinching aspect or if it's simply how Mega's buster works.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

I was wondering if you Mega Man followers could help me out. In the Little Mac Reveal Trailer it looks like Bowser is't flinching at all when shot by the Mega Buster.
http://youtu.be/BdQg43n2OaM?t=2m19s

Does this move have any knock back or not? I was wondering if Bowser is unique in this non-flinching aspect or if it's simply how Mega's buster works.
Atm it does. Can't answer if the Bowser thing is some sort of Bowser super armor in his shell or that build just had it removed and it was changed back.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I would hope the pellets at least make your opponent flinch, otherwise Mega Man's gonna be in a bit of trouble, that's like 3 moves that are useless.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I would hope the pellets at least make your opponent flinch, otherwise Mega Man's gonna be in a bit of trouble, that's like 3 moves that are useless.
Fox's lasers didn't cause flinching, but it is used a lot. The pellets could be just to gain some extra damage.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
I couldn't find any examples of Mega Man dealing knock back on his standard Mega Buster in the latest Nintendo Direct, but I'm not quite sure every segment he pops up in. I saw him using the attack against Fox on the Jungle Japes 3DS stage, but all of the landing smoke and effects makes it incredibly difficult to see if the move has knock back or not.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Fox's lasers didn't cause flinching, but it is used a lot. The pellets could be just to gain some extra damage.
But how much range does Mega Man's Buster have compared to Fox's almost full screen lasers?

EDIT: Look what you've gone and done, Z1gma! I got hit with nostalgia so hard that I had to make an avi/sig set for Axle The Red.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Bower's shell works similar to Link's shield, I think.

Killer ava & sig, Sove.

Neo Zero

But how much range does Mega Man's Buster have compared to Fox's almost full screen lasers?

EDIT: Look what you've gone and done, Z1gma! I got hit with nostalgia so hard that I had to make an avi/sig set for Axle The Red.
I said this before, trying to remember what I said exactly but I think it was about half of Battlefield...about that anyway.

Axle was my favorite X5 boss easily, great choice

Part of me wonders how good a shell super armor would be (though if he gets it while crawling....) but that's neither here nor there.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I said this before, trying to remember what I said exactly but I think it was about half of Battlefield...about that anyway.

Axle was my favorite X5 boss easily, great choice

Part of me wonders how good a shell super armor would be (though if he gets it while crawling....) but that's neither here nor there.
So, do you think his keep away game will be strong enough to work?

And thanks, btw.
Killer ava & sig, Sove.
Thanks.

I think I'll start taking requests, sometime soon.

Neo Zero

And thanks, btw.

Thanks.

I think I'll start taking requests, sometime soon.
Hmm theory talk is it? I suppose I can oblige.

With all I currently know about Mega Man and the roster in its current state I honestly have to say....no not very likely. Mega's long range game is really good I'd say, but he's really lacking a solid escape option it seems from close range pressure. Flame Sword seems to be weak in hitstun, Leaf Shield is very slow, Buster has good push back from the actual cannon but not really enough to build any solid space. I will say, of all his tools, the one that's the most interesting and could be the biggest game changer is his Mega Upper. A large portion of how well Mega Man fares against a close range rushdown that someone like Sonic or Marth (should) possess depends on how good this move is.

Makes me really wish top spin was his Nair, but ah well, what can ya do. Again, to everyone, this is my personal opinion on the theory fighting behind Mega Man and the little we know about him and the rest of the roster. I'm not saying he'll be top tier or low tier or that he's weak to Marth and strong against Bowser, just saying what I believe atm, so lets not delve this thread into any sort of tier talk beyond what I have answered.

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA

I really like Mega's Metal Blades. I really like characters that have a projectile they can throw underneath them. I feel that's a good plus, but yeah his Flame Sword looks absolutely terrible. Crash Bomber is awesome though. It's effectively an attack that forces your opponent to be defensive once you hit them with it. That then lets you be a bit more risky with your own aggression. Oh and his charge shot! Such a giant projectile.

Mega Man doesn't look to have a good 'get off of me' move like Zelda's down smash, but I think his charged shot and crash bomber can be used in tandem with each other to make your opponent think about how they block or dodge your attacks. But yeah the lack of speed on metal blades(have to be pulled out) and his charged shot make him probably not the best keep away character. But his leaf shield, spark shock, flame burst, and slash claw make him a great zoner imo.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I'm worried about Mega Man not having a legit Jab Cancel Game.
I do believe his buster will be able to force lots of Air Dodges and Rolls, though, which he should be able to punish.
Also, his Grab and Grab Range looks really effective so far, thus helping him a bit when getting pressured.

Then again, we don't really know anything for sure yet.

edit: srsly, though. HOW did we get Elec Man over Zero/Bass/Proto Man?

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm worried about Mega Man not having a legit Jab Cancel Game.
I do believe his buster will be able to force lots of Air Dodges and Rolls, though, which he should be able to punish.
Also, his Grab and Grab Range looks really effective so far, thus helping him a bit when getting pressured.

Then again, we don't really know anything for sure yet.

I don't know. Maybe Sakurai prefers him over the other Robot Masters. Or he saw something more unique compared to the other assist characters. Still, I would have gone for Bass, Protoman or Zero myself too.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
idk this is my opinion but I feel like alot of his move set counters what hes supposed to do

I thought I was gonna be able to rely on his F-Air to help build up damage and push out but nope.
His forward air's hitstun and knockback looks really bad.
Fox recovered before the animation was even done, almost instantly. Down smash has the same problem they can recover before the flame is even finished and hit him when before even finishes emitting steam. Though I think it will be a good kill/knockback move at high percents.

Up air only has startup knock back frames the rest of them kirby was eating them and jumping.

Down tilt does not look that worth it. It does look like if you're at a good range you can poke and be at advantage but isn't his game supposed to be keep away?
I feel the same about mega buster it kinda just keeps them in the same position while you can only move forward

Metal blade can be caught and used against him and it looks pretty slow compared to other projectiles(at least without him throwing it to the ground and picking it up).
same with crash bomb but I really like the how well it can work with mega buster. You can attach it and use buster to stall out. Even if they block it the amount of hits makes it so you can get a grab if they're close enough making their options either
Attempt to attach it to mega.
or move far enough away so you don't get a grab.

Leaf shield's startup was increased and it looks like they added delay to throw it after setting it up. Not very worth while since the only option he has after set up is to throw the shield and any character can just jump over and push the throw on the throw animation. You can run to them but I think it depends on how much stun it gives, if you're left with 1 leaf that could be a bad situation. Still too soon to say how it can be used imo.

Charge shot looks kinda hit or miss and too soon to gauge what its going to be like.

I mean pit had this playstyle but he had damage building moves, decent up close combat and a good long range attack.

I'm pretty sure they wanted metal blade to be his keep out and damage builder but since its slower than most other thrown items and people can grab it out the air you can't use it in an annoying way like pit's arrows or diddy's bannas . . . The way they made megaman's moveset he can either be super good by just making his attacks high damaging with ok startup and cooldown (like his announcement trailer) or just kinda bad.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Elecman is Inafune's favorite by far.
And I'd put Sakurai's decision>Protoman>Bass>>>>>>>>>>>Zero.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
I think his Fair might end up being a little better than we're giving it credit for, even though it was only demo'd. Let's take into account what it might be capable of doing, if canceled low to the ground.

I think Mega Man's moveset seems pretty anit-whatever the oppoenent plans to do:
You want to jump-in on me? Mega Upper!
You want to zone and camp me? Buster, Blades, and my other plethora of ranged moves!
You want to play the CQC game? SH-Fairs and Leaf Shield to Grab!
You like to stay in your shield and react to what I do? Let the shield pressure shenanigans begin: Sticky, Buster, Leaf Shield(dance around them with it on you, because I'm hoping it hits them, while active around Mega Man), or just grab a bunch!

All in theory mind you, but I think he'll be all-around solid. Honestly, nothing should give him too much of a problem. Maybe Rosalina with that projectile nullification ability she has, and her star friend getting in the way, and being able to respawn.

Last edited:

Neo Zero

Your theory is sound but it does have a problem. In MM2 Leaf Shield when deployed meant Mega Man could not move until a direction is pressed to fire it off that way. Why's this important?

Sakurai designed him to be as close to retro side scrolled Mega Man as possible, taking few liberties with him. I highly doubt he can actually move while Leaf Shield is deployed and can only move about once its been fired. Its a solid projectile shield and a very meaty (large) projectile when fired, but its not going to be Vergil's swords where you can endlessly attack and mix up just by having it out.

Last edited:

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Your theory is sound but it does have a problem. In MM2 Leaf Shield when deployed meant Mega Man could not move until a direction is pressed to fire it off that way. Why's this important?

Sakurai designed him to be as close to retro side scrolled Mega Man as possible, taking few liberties with him. I highly doubt he can actually move while Leaf Shield is deployed and can only move about once its been fired. Its a solid projectile shield and a very meaty (large) projectile when fired, but its not going to be Vergil's swords where you can endlessly attack and mix up just by having it out.
I pray and hope it's not the case. If it is, I hope you can chase the shield for added options on approach.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I feel Mega Man will have the most problem with ppl just outside of his Grab Range.
Especially ppl with lots of disjointed attacks, like Marth.

I feel the same about mega buster it kinda just keeps them in the same position while you can only move forward
Depending on the Landing Lag of his Nair - SHFF retreating Nair. Think Falco's retreating lazers.

Neo Zero

Something tells me his Nair won't actually have landing lag...well it will but what I mean is, I think his Jab, Ftilt and Nair are all considered the same move. Anyone can be done anytime during the firing animation, and might even produce the exact same frame data between the three moves.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I have the same feeling, Neo.
Heck, Mega Man is possibly the first character ever who can Jab while airborne. How cool is that! :GCX::GCA::GCA::GCA:

Last edited:

Venks

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VenksUSA
Did anyone see how Donkey Kong's up+B doesn't seem to have any knock back on Mega Man in the latest direct?
Check it out here at 8:16

donkeyUpSpecial.jpg

I just think it's a little weird Rock doesn't move at all. I'm pretty sure the Mega Buster doesn't have super armor.

Neo Zero

I did, but I just figured his Up B has very little hitstun. Since it wasn't a MM related issue, gave it no mind.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I personally believe it is because of Elecman's popularity among robot masters (and even other characters) from the Classic games and his legendary master weapon. Yeah, Protoman, Zero, and Bass are the cliche cool dudes, but you can't tell me the Thunder Beam isn't a frightening lightning to the face!

Besides, Protoman and Bass would just shoot and dash and Zero would just slash or something. I suppose Zero could unleash Rakuhouha or Rekkoha but you know you want dat Thunder Beam during the Yellow Devil boss fight! :D

Top Bottom