• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Bubble Man's Jacuzzi (Mega Man Social Thread)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I wonder if the player summoning Elecman can pause upon a hitconfirm, and then unpause to hit again and so on.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Do you guys honestly see any Combo Potential in Megaman so far?
I don't see much, to be honest.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
He could have a few options. I can see some decent stuff with his air attacks. But Megaman really seems like a keep away character. So his playstyle might not need so many combos. Though I'm sure with some practice you could find a lot of good tech with him. Honestly, he could do better of in Team Battles.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
As mentioned, he doesn't exactly need it. That being said I'd say his best combo options look to be Dtilt and Bair.

EDIT: Hey, random question, but what did everyone here think of the Ruby Spears Mega Man Cartoon?

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Also, Uthrow seems like it should be able to combo on lower %'s, and maybe Dthrow depending on what it's like.
Dash Attack, to date, looks like it has too much cooldown for a follow-up :/ (Then again, we don't know that much about the stun yet.)
Crash Bomber looks fun when it comes to situational combos.

I'm actually curious as of how well Nair can combo (or at least link) stuff together on airborne opponents.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
EDIT: Hey, random question, but what did everyone here think of the Ruby Spears Mega Man Cartoon?
Would you believe, it was actually what made me a Megaman fan? Seriously! I had played and enjoyed the games before then, but when I saw the Super Robot-style they had applied to the chracters, well that was the start of my Megaman fanhood. MM7 helped alot too.

Neo Zero

Would you believe, it was actually what made me a Megaman fan? Seriously! I had played and enjoyed the games before then, but when I saw the Super Robot-style they had applied to the chracters, well that was the start of my Megaman fanhood. MM7 helped alot too.
Really? thats awesome actually. I was recently re watching the series, and even though it's pretty bad, I still love it. One thing I forgot is how spot on all the lore was, it was like they actually played the games when they made the show.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Really? thats awesome actually. I was recently re watching the series, and even though it's pretty bad, I still love it. One thing I forgot is how spot on all the lore was, it was like they actually played the games when they made the show.
Yeah looking back on it, the show didn't excatly age well, and it did get terrible. Even so, it was amazing for its time and the first season was amazing.

Now is a good time to show off this:

It was the original promo for the Megaman cartoon.

Neo Zero

Yeah looking back on it, the show didn't excatly age well, and it did get terrible. Even so, it was amazing for its time and the first season was amazing.

Holy....HOLY

Ruby Spear's, you had ONE job, and that was to make it THAT.....I'm salty now guys....I still love it but....why did they have to steroid inject everyone and make it American....this was perfect!

...If anyone needs me I'll be crying into some ice cream.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
It was changed because the test audiences reacted better to the Americanized look. Looking back, it's pretty funny, since the Pokemon anime wasn't far off.

Neo Zero

It was changed because the test audiences reacted better to the Americanized look. Looking back, it's pretty funny, since the Pokemon anime wasn't far off.
Test Audiences don't know anything! I guess I have to give them some credit, they could have just as easily forced them to add a pistol to Mega Man and make him not a robot and instead some badass cop.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Test Audiences don't know anything! I guess I have to give them some credit, they could have just as easily forced them to add a pistol to Mega Man and make him not a robot and instead some badass cop.

They wouldn't have had to go far for that idea.

So yes, appreciate what we got because it could have been worse.:p

D

Deleted member

Wow...

If only they had made that, this would be on the top of my list for TV shows to get.

Neo Zero

First off, that looks more based on X than classic MM (course you're likely aware)

Secondly, that is quite cool

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did anyone see this? Capcom started that Megaman May thing now. Megaman Xtreme was the first one to be picked. So I'm guessing the 2nd one will show up soon too, maybe Megaman V after that one. If I have some extra cash lying around, I'd definitely get this myself. It looks like it would be pretty fun to go through again. I remember liking this game alot. They pretty much picked the best weapons from Megaman X and Megaman X2.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I played Mega Man Xtreme once.... on an emulator. I'll get some of these soon.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Saw this video on Youtube and I thought I'd share it.

It definitely raises a lot of good points, and the sense of entitlement is very much BS, but I do disagree in that a fair amount of anger was called for and that many things were very questionable.

Neo Zero

Saw this video on Youtube and I thought I'd share it.

It definitely raises a lot of good points, and the sense of entitlement is very much BS, but I do disagree in that a fair amount of anger was called for and that many things were very questionable.
Maybe it's me but this guys annoying. He's just going to work up the fanbase into a fight. Personally, I'm angry but not over entitlement. I've always hated how they treated Inafune's legacy (not including Bad Box Art as that was Inafune's idea, as much as I disagree with it).

Say Miyamoto was one day like **** Nintendo, I'm joining Sony and suddenly, 3 new Mario games are cancelled and the series just stopped. That's how it felt when Inafune left and suddenly everything Mega Man related is just axed. I won't get into what the fanbase deserves and doesn't deserve as that would be like opening Pandora's Box, but when they cancel those games and are basically throwing Inafune and his teams hard work into the garbage, that's BS, especially when he's shown interest in finishing up some of those titles like Legends 3 but they just won't have none of that. Of course, it's great seeing them trying to expose the new generation of gamers to the Mega Man series that I grew up with and loved, but in the end it just feels like one of those fake charity publicity stunts to try and make people happy.

Like I said, this is a grey subject and lots of people will have different opinions so I won't go to in depth into it. I guess the most important thing to take from the video is, like he said, we as a fanbase have had it really really good, and I know I'll always treasure the old Mega Man games, from Classic to Starforce.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Paperboy, Ducktales, North & South, Megaman, and Doki Doki Panic!
In no particular order.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
(Imma go with only one game per franchise)

1. Megaman 4
2. Contra / Probotector
3. Kirby's Adventure
4. Super Mario 3
5. TMNT 2

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
(Imma go with only one game per franchise)

1. Megaman 4
2. Contra / Probotector
3. Kirby's Adventure
4. Super Mario 3
5. TMNT 2
Hmm yeah, I usually follow this rule as well.

So here goes:

1.- Startropics (1)
2.- Punch Out
3.- Megaman (3)
4.- TMNT (1)
5.- Ninja Gaiden (1)

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
In no particular order:

Mega Man (1)
The Guardian Legend
Kirby's Adventure
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & Blade of Light
Super Mario Bros. 3

Neo Zero

Following the Z1g rules

Mega Man IV
SMB3
Kirby's Adventure
Final Fantasy
Metroid

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
In no particular order, Kirby's Adventure, Pinball (I'm not the only one with Animal Crossing nostalgia right?), Zelda II, Megaman 3, and Megaman 1, my personal favorite classic game. (Not counting Powered-Up, but yaknow.)

I've 100%ed the Zero series, my favorite series, and my favorite X game is X6. I'm starting to think there's a connection. :estatic:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Mega Man 3
The Legend of Zelda
Castlevania 1
Tyson's Punch-Out!!
Final Fantasy 1

No particular order. :yeahboi:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

That looked pretty cool. It would have a bit better if they stuck with the original Megaman artstyle. Not to mention, Megaman had a freaking Dive Kick. Everything is made much better with a Dive Kick.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
1. Mega Man 2 (Can't beat the classics)
2. Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!
3. Kirby's Adventure
4. Super Mario Bros. 3
5. The Legend of Zelda

Honorable mentions for Nazo no Murasamejou, Mega Man 3, Castlevania, Ducktales and Battletoads.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I guess I'll join in even if I've never played a Megaman game don't kill me.

1. Nazo no Murasame jo
2. Joy Mech Fight
3. Kirby's Adventure
4. Legend of Zelda
5. Super Mario Bros. 2/Doki Doki Panic

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Mega Man 2, or Mega Man X are definitely the two best games to introduce you to the series. They have the most user-friendly weapons, and are well-put together.

It also wouldn't hurt to play 2 anyway, since there's going to be tons of content from it in Smash 4.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Mega Man 2, or Mega Man X are definitely the two best games to introduce you to the series. They have the most user-friendly weapons, and are well-put together.

It also wouldn't hurt to play 2 anyway, since there's going to be tons of content from it in Smash 4.
I'll go with MM2. You're not the first person to tell me good things about it.

Top Bottom