• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bubbles for ssb4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bubbles seems like one of the more probable classic NES characters to be playable, imo. Mach Rider is my other vote.

Bubbles would probably move like she does in Clu Clu Land, being able to change directions sharply, even in midair.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If we can't have a playable Bubbles, then I would at least hope for a retro stage based on Clu Clu Land.

I think having a giant version of a Clu Clu Land level as a stage could potentially be interesting, though the chance of it happening is incredibly unlikely.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Just wanted to give this thread a well-needed bump, and also, how hilarious would it be if Bubbles (Gloopy) was voiced by Tara Strong?:chuckle::p

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I....would actually love it if she were voiced by Tara Strong. Dat Cartoon Network nostalgia. (even though they're completely different from one and other lol)

Not like that really has a chance of happening, not to mention the low chance of Bubbles being playable anyway.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That's mostly due to me being pessemitic due to Lip Stick being only an item and that being all that Panel De Pon is getting for content. I could see this being the same for Clu Clu Land.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
That's mostly due to me being pessemitic due to Lip Stick being only an item and that being all that Panel De Pon is getting for content. I could see this being the same for Clu Clu Land.
And, sadly, if I remember correctly, Unira was also an item in Brawl as well, and did we get a playable Bubbles? Sadly, no.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm bumping this because i support Bubbles and have for a while. She'd make a good retro rep.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I'm bumping this because i support Bubbles and have for a while. She'd make a good retro rep.
What's more, Prince Sable, the main protagonist of "For The Frogs, The Bells Toll", has just been confirmed today as an AT for SSB4!:surprised: So Bubbles may have a stronger chance now!:chuckle: (Although, even if she is simply an AT as well, I'll take it.:)) (Also, my condolences for Prince Sable supporters, though. Heck, I was even one of his supporters!:lol:)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
What's more, Prince Sable, the main protagonist of "For The Frogs, The Bells Toll", has just been confirmed today as an AT for SSB4!:surprised: So Bubbles may have a stronger chance now!:chuckle: (Although, even if she is simply an AT as well, I'll take it.:)) (Also, my condolences for Prince Sable supporters, though. Heck, I was even one of his supporters!:lol:)
her as an assist trophy would be good

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
I'm both surprised and a little saddened to see that Bubbles support thread is rather small. Admittedly I'd only rate her as my 13th most wanted newcomer but still, I figured she'd be a more popular suggestion, given her potential for a unique move-set/playstyle fitting of her games and her games frequent re-releases.

Although I'm mostly a Lip supporter, as far as retro reps go, I feel Bubbles is one of the most likely. There's been quite a bit of focus on female newcomers and Bubbles from what I know is Nintendo's first female lead, the Clu Clu Land series consists of two entries with the first having a worldwide release (a bit of an obstacle for other retro rep nominees is either that they've only had one game or that their game was not worldwide released), and she's made cameos in other games including a trophy in Melee and a playable role in DK: King of Swing (a game that was supposedly planned as a new Clu Clu Land game at first).

There are two retro reps I'd rather have; Lip and Hikari & Donbe, but I'd be pleasantly pleased if Bubbles were to get in, and I certainly see her as a likely one.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I feel as though Bubbles, DHD, or Mach Rider are the best retro reps at this point, if we're getting one at all. Bubbles hasn't been shown much love recently, but more so than the other two because of her playable appearance in DK: King of Swing.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Aside from Sheriff (who I consider a WTF character like G&W and ROB), my most wanted retro characters who still have a chance are:
  1. Duck Hunt Dog
  2. Bubbles
  3. Excitebiker
  4. Lip
So, I'd be happy to see Bubbles. I think she'd bring a lot to the table by having a very unique playstyle. I think her unique movement could only truly work in a fighting game like Smash Bros.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
well if you seriously thought this was a thread for a cartoon character that had made it to the second page without being locked then you dont get the smashboards
I've seen plenty of worse threads :)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm becoming hopeful that at the very least, Bubbles will be an Assist Trophy. Can't speak for everyone but that alone would make me pretty happy, honestly.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm becoming hopeful that at the very least, Bubbles will be an Assist Trophy. Can't speak for everyone but that alone would make me pretty happy, honestly.
I'd be happy with that. I'd love to see her get some more representation than just the enemies in her game.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
So guys do you think that ESRB leak is real? Bubbles is one of the supposed leaked characters mentioned.

I swear it's real then Slippy better be a Dan Hibiki-fied Snake clone.

Last edited:

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
So guys do you think that ESRB leak is real? Bubbles is one of the supposed leaked characters mentioned.

I swear it's real then Slippy better be a Dan Hibiki-fied Snake clone.
I believe this leak has been deconfirmed.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
I haven't believed in any of the smash 4 leaks but at this point anything is possible. I'll just have to wait til September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom