• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buffered Floats OOS stun?

A.Hills.Finest

Smash Journeyman
Whats up guys, never really posted in char discussion before..I've been searching pretty good and haven't found any info. I asked my old time friend, Vidjogamer has he ever known of way to buffer a float OOS stun meaning the float will come out on the FIRST frame available after shield stun, and he said no. Hopefully Armada or any current godlike peaches can end this discussion really quickly. A yes or no will do.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
No, I think the only things you can buffer out of shield are rolls and spot dodges

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Buffer jump with c-stick while holding down on control stick and x or y.
edit: Forgot that there is jumpsquat which is 4 frames i think.

Last edited:

tauKhan

Smash Lord
Also, when you shield on a platform, you can perform immediate float via shield dropping, but you will have to double jump. There is three frame buffer on the shield drop, but you have to time the double jump.

A.Hills.Finest

Smash Journeyman
well the secret is out Tau, you are a smart thinker... I discovered this and talked to Armada and Vidjo and they thought it was impossible, ive known for a bit but just now bringing it to light.... applying it is the hard part.... I hope I get some credit for this lol ;) I have more insight on it....if anyone is curious just ask...

A.Hills.Finest

Smash Journeyman
Also, when you shield on a platform, you can perform immediate float via shield dropping, but you will have to double jump. There is three frame buffer on the shield drop, but you have to time the double jump.
you just gave me another idea.... the way I apply this, is by "buffering" my x or y hold.... so with x or y already held, what happens when you shield drop?

tauKhan

Smash Lord
you just gave me another idea.... the way I apply this, is by "buffering" my x or y hold.... so with x or y already held, what happens when you shield drop?
Unfortunately that does not work. You cannot float when dropping through platform, so you need to double jump.

Top Bottom