• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bullet Seed has invincibility

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
frames 1-3

comes out on frame 4

discuss how sexy "BS" is

bullet seed is bull**** lol

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
ivysaur still sucks

bullet seed, however, is middle of C tier

it doesn't really change much but it's still cool to know.

_Marth_

Smash Rookie
Bullet Seed is pretty annoying but in a way it's kinda easy to see coming, considering they have to run up beside you and hope they get the initial attack to put you in the way of the Bullet Seed's fire. Also if they miss it takes a sec to stop so "They're open!".

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
if ur not hitting with the first hit of bullet seed it is soo easily DI'd out of, very punishable.
mm.. i think that its SDIable if you actually hit with the first part of the attack
Bullet seed rocks!!!!!! :D
Its still very punishable... but you should use it to punish... so the chance of getting punished is not that high... wow i use the word "punish" a lot..
I knew there was something rare with bullet seed's startup, but no that .. good

DemonFart

Smash Lord
interesting...this makes ivysaur more sexier then before but not by much. i guess its just useful in starting up bullet seed

typh

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh **** i feel bad now because i used it against someone and he was like "wtf i didn't know that had invincibility frames" and i yelled at him "NO IT DOESN'T YOU STUPID ***GOT I PLAY POKEMON TRAINER I SHOULD KNOW. DON'T GIVE ME MISINFORMATION ABOUT MY CHARACTER YOU ******* MOTHER ****ER" and i ripped out his controller and smashed it against his dog's head

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
oh **** i feel bad now because i used it against someone and he was like "wtf i didn't know that had invincibility frames" and i yelled at him "NO IT DOESN'T YOU STUPID ***GOT I PLAY POKEMON TRAINER I SHOULD KNOW. DON'T GIVE ME MISINFORMATION ABOUT MY CHARACTER YOU ******* MOTHER ****ER" and i ripped out his controller and smashed it against his dog's head
hahaha this

i would have reacted the same way

well less dog smashing but ya

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Just so there's some visual proof of this:

Frame 1:

Frame 2:

Frame 3:

Frame 4:

FraWHEEEEEEEEEEE:

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
Edit: Lol at that post. ^

Is this really that usable? if it lasts that short....

Bullet Seed is really sexy anyway lo. It must make Ivysaur very happy when he does 40% in 2 seconds. :-D

DemonFart

Smash Lord
How? Ivysaur as a character hasn't changed at all. The community just learned something new about Ivysaur's Bullet Seed, is all.
lol retro i was kidding:ohwell: this discovery is still useful anyway, it just informs people that when starting bullet seed they cannot be interupted.

Miles.

Smash Champion
i just want everyone to know that this info *****.

ME mr i dont like ivy ***** really hard with this today.

**** snakes ftilt that all i got to say.

BS raaaaaaaapes!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
The pictures only show frame 1 invincible. I want to see frame two and three proof too. There could b a chance only frame 1 was invincible and not 2 and 3..

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Edit: Lol at that post. ^

Is this really that usable? if it lasts that short....

Bullet Seed is really sexy anyway lo. It must make Ivysaur very happy when he does 40% in 2 seconds. :-D
Yes... yes it is.

Because of exactly this, Marth can up-b through Falco's chaingrab and jab combo, among other things.

In fact... a good amount of the stuff that Marth can do with dolphin Slash, congrats, they're also yours.

That means a lot of multi-hit moves and locks don't work anymore.

Seriously guys, this is an amazing discovery, go with it, congrats, you just got your own dolphin slash.

The pictures only show frame 1 invincible. I want to see frame two and three proof too. There could b a chance only frame 1 was invincible and not 2 and 3..
There are 5 picutures.

The first shows ZZS activating her jab (frame 1) at the same time as bullet seed activates. The jab has no effect and ZSS is hit by bullet seed.

The second shows peach activating her jab (frame 2) at the same time as ivysaur activates bullet seed. The jab passes through with no effect, and peach is hit by bullet seed.

The third shows MK activating his downsmash (frame 3) at the same time as ivysaur activates his bullet seed, downsmash has no effect, and MK is hit by bullet seed.

The forth shows Marth activating his jab (frame 4) at the same time as ivysaur activates bullet seed. They both hit.

The fifth shows all the pictures mixed.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
if you master SDI

bullet seed is omg

you can now sdi jabs, multi hit moves, anything and bullet seed them if their cooldown lasts longer than your hitlag, which is often the case.

of course it's punishable if predictable, but so is dolphin slash and that **** is good. except what ds does is kill at like mid 100s with sweetspot, and do a decent amount of damage...like 15% max idk.

bullet seed will do 30-40% when everything goes right.

so ya, i know we've been using bs to interrupt some stuff, but now we know just how good it is.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I know that for Marth, the alternative to using Dolphin Slash OoS if you choose to keep tap jump off is to press jump the moment you initiate Dolphin Slash. Why not do the same for Ivysaur, and change the L/R trigger you do not use to Special/Jump, so that you can initiate both on the same frame?

That way you could perform BS OoS. :)

Miles.

Smash Champion
I know that for Marth, the alternative to using Dolphin Slash OoS if you choose to keep tap jump off is to press jump the moment you initiate Dolphin Slash. Why not do the same for Ivysaur, and change the L/R trigger you do not use to Special/Jump, so that you can initiate both on the same frame?

That way you could perform BS OoS. :)
I already started doing this and its ****!!!

Do IT PTS!!!

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I got a question.

If Ivy has invincibilty while using BS, would that mean he can take marth's Final Smash like Charizard can with his recovery?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I got a question.

If Ivy has invincibilty while using BS, would that mean he can take marth's Final Smash like Charizard can with his recovery?
Yes, if you can make sure he hits you between frames 1 and 3...

Yeah, not that useful, there are tons of better moves for this.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Bullet Seed is now almost as sexy as Bowser's Fortress.

Almost.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

As a Melee Bowser main, I can appreciate this notion.

EDIT: This is wonderful. We have a legit "Counter"-like move with Ivysaur now. What we should do is look at the stuff the Jigglypuff boards have on the "Perfect Rest" technique (Rest has 3 frames of invincibility while having a 3-frame hitbox), and we should be able to easily get a good idea of what we can do with good timing and/or Smash DI.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I totally agree with you Reflex.

Jiggly is my secondary and I have already begun to apply the emulation of perfect rest situations but with bulletseed.

I played a Falcon in tourney this sat and everytime he jabbed me he at bulletseed.

Snakes Ftilt punished it with Bulletseed.

Also I have L set to Jump for how I foward hydroplane, and I have been using Bulletseed out of shield and its too good IMO.

Bulletseed is tooo fun.

Ivy is quickly becoming my new fav.

Basically you just get then to attack your shield and then just bulletseed, since there is basically no shield drop lag in brawl.

BuuuuuullllleeetttttssseeeeeeEEEEEEeeeeDDDDDUuuuuuHHHH1!!!!!!1!!!1!!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ivy is quickly becoming my new fav.
I'm stuck between Ivysaur and Charizard now. Ivysaur N-Air is my current favorite move; it comboes like crazy. Charizard just has a lot of good tools at his disposal that I'm getting used to using.

Hopefully I'll get to mess around with the Bullet Seed stuff soon.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Marth can Dolphin Slash out of Falco's chaingrab, right? How's Ivysaur fare with Bullet Seed? Is it possible or no? Seems like the windows tighter.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Marth can Dolphin Slash out of Falco's chaingrab, right? How's Ivysaur fare with Bullet Seed? Is it possible or no? Seems like the windows tighter.
Marth can do it, but I think it has to do with the fact that he bounces a larger distance away. I've been chaingrabbed a thousand times by Kismet, and I've Bullet Seeded out of it a couple times...but I think it's just because he wasn't frame-perfect about it.

I'll try testing it, I guess; maybe I should DI away fully or something. I'll let you know.

Miles.

Smash Champion
I also agree that we can't BS out of Falco's CG....

....Yet.

Maybe if we SDI and/or Extra Inch DI and Bulletseed maybe there is a frame or 2 window of exscape.

I Know I have done some silly stuff myself SDIing out of grabs.

I mention this because apparently I read Lucas and Ness can smash DI to avoid some grab release infinites or free hits.

-Nor Cal's Beautiful Green Beast

Top Bottom