• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bullheaded Onychomys CT January 3rd/4th Melee - Results and Shoutouts

pockyD

Smash Legend
sure, you short hop on the pivot frame to turn around and have no momentum. I don't see why it wouldn't work like that, I mean, pivot frame just lets you do something like you were standing still...
it depends which way the pivot frame makes you face (i don't know for sure, but i would randomly guess that you're still facing the way of your original dash based on the way full-dash turnaround works in melee as opposed to the way it works in barlw)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
it depends which way the pivot frame makes you face (i don't know for sure, but i would randomly guess that you're still facing the way of your original dash based on the way full-dash turnaround works in melee as opposed to the way it works in barlw)
what? if I pivot grab with Marth...

<---- I dash this way

----> then grab this way

so, doesn't that necessarily imply that the pivot frame makes you face the opposite direction of your initial dash?

pockyD

Smash Legend
i guess so

unless turnaround grabbing was one implicit action (like reversing b-moves in the air), but thinking about it, pivot jabs definitely hit the opposite direction

Milos

Smash Lord
basically

<---- dash that way

----> dash this way but shorthop on frame 1 (the pivot frame) and nair.

it's in that silent wolf tech skill vid

frankenstein, not zelghandi

Cia

das kwl
random

can anyone drive us to Georgia for the melee tournament this weekend?? M2k will pay all gas, bus we need a driver/s

anyone

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Shoutouts woot:

Spawn - You are amazing =D. I had sooooo much fun at this tournament it was soooo good ;). Play me more at like PA tournies or something.

m2k - You win too much.

Pakman - I'm glad our friendlies helped. We need to play more I LOVE your luigi man. I have your combo vid favorited and still watch it lol too sexy <3.

Mogwai - Next tournament I'm playing you in like hours of friendlies ;).

Darc - yaaay I won one game :bee:. That mute city CP was hurtful :mad: <3. I'll get you next year :bee: and maybe ..... some friendlies? I wanted to play you but I didn't want to wait in the "Get ***** by Darc" line.

Dazwa - Thanks for that bandage that let me enter singles :laugh:. We shoulda like done stuff.... more

Zoso - OMG our friendlies were SOOOO much fun :bee: I can't believe I played till my eyesight started to give out LOL. Always fun man.

Vanz - You suck, give me jiggs practice so I don't lose to gay puffs like Vanz. <33

Milktea - Nice to finally meet you :bee:. Too bad we only played like 2 games though :(. And I hope you go to anime conventions so I can see your cosplays ;).

Skler - Way to **** me in doubles you you you... JERK! <3333s. Teach me Link plz. 10Ididntknowthatrainbowcruiseisgoodforlinks

Pine - yeauz I won our grudge match :bee:. You are too awesome.

Roman - :( lol at fighting so many sheiks. We still had a good match at least :).

Thumbswayup - You can blame Tope for everything I did against you lol. Falcon gets ***** by tech chases lol. We shoulda played more friendlies :(. Believe it or not I'm not called Techzero lol =D. idc about it really a lot of people hear the "tech" part and people think my name means things LOL. Shoulda went fox on me =D I heard fox ***** sheik :(.

HBK - LOL I woulda got ***** by your Roy LOL. Glad you didn't use him :laugh:. Good matches though your fox is too fawken fast tell that **** to slow the **** down.

Banks - :( yea we shoulda played. I loved your sheik it was really nice. Sheik dittos... YAY.

Desh - You are a life saver lol. Thanks for the money so I can enter singles. Glad we played I had fun in friendlies next time, drag Kirbykaze so I can get ***** in more sheik dittos ;). Also you might wanna lay off the Amps LOL I'm surprised you slept at all this weekend :psycho:.

Boxman - LOL at that fawken falcon helmet! You are amazing that Termina Bay CP was horrendously homosexual :(.

Reno - You make teaming SO much fun!. <3333 teaming with you.

Uhhhh if I forgot you sorry :(. I woulda say I'll update it but yea... I would be lying.

Fun Fact! : If you don't like emotes you should probably ignore me

Spife

Smash Master
pseudo shouties

Rich: good ****, we didn't record much (I didn't record much) I'll try and hit CT soon before school starts again atleast
Scar: good ****, sorry for the no pasos things, maybe I'll MM you for 200 pasos next time, or spell pesos right.
Skler: I'll beat you in tourny one day >__> thanks for the advice
Mogwai: good **** preventing me from moving XD
Alucard: tried to force you to go falco on FD, I wasn't going to beat your marth that was for sure
Relax: I've won 1/3 of the matches that matter, next time I'll make it 1/2 >_>
Gabe: thanks for giving up the seat
POF: next time, next time *nods* good ****, mute city is rather homo
Jam: no melee friendlies makes me a sad spife
Jam/Rich: good **** GG, I'll get at you guys this week and come down
Banks: thanks for the sheik advice
Darc: I think I'll continue to care about my matches but i'll stay as cool as a pickle from now on
Roman: thanks for the housing mang, good **** getting out of pools
Kyu Puff: same to you, good job reppin Banana Bread
Reno: scared to Link ditto? :p next time

I'im forgetting people

DJ: we played a lot, but I still don't get enough DJ
KMan: I guess we played (says you) but I don't remember, good **** playing SC with me _-_
Desh: canadian friendlies are just like regular US friendlies, 4 stock, 8 minutes, who knew!
Thorn: thanks for the advice (Drop Link)!
Aoi: I agree, Link doesn't counter marth but your response is too good.
JV Smooth: noice link dittos, thanks for the advice on marth (don't know if it helped though lol)
Pine: you watched me get ***** in pools but I think you rooted for me once.... >__> feelin' alright?

Okay
That's enough of that. If I forgot you, this is for you
________________________: good games, we should play again some time, next week? how about next month! Anyway that's 3 times you promised, why did you keep asking me if I knew tyler durden? I obviously do, but don't talk about marla to bob cause their names are really robert paulson, Teir names are robert paulson, their names are robert paulson, tiers names are robert paulson, tires don robert paulson

DCScribZ

Smash Apprentice
where's DC scribz i wanna see me vs g$$$ in crews
Since I can't download the first match off youtube and toss it into the video, I'll just post the matches I already have as a video response. I'll edit the links into this post when they're done.

Spife

Smash Master
rich, I call you rich cause baka seems demeaning and the dragon is too long -.- and I think you introduced yourself as rich
Also, my real name is spife >.>

Skler

Smash Master
Don't worry guys, shoutout time.

1 Mew2king- Thanks for not CGing me.
2 Darc- Thanks for beating me in teams for the 100000th tournament in a row. We should try to play less. Dr. Pepper please.
3 JMan- I didn't play/see you enough.
4 Scar- Fun friendlies, too bad I didn't reach you in tourny.
5 HBK- I'm pretty sure we've never played, ever.
5 Vanz- It was mad fun playing you, but you stopped me from playing Scar. Link ditto me next tourny kay?
7 Reno- I feel like I just get lucky against you.
7 Skler- **** you.
9 HardGay- Hardcactus.
9 GMoney- Falco is gay but you're cool so it's ok.
9 Alukard- We had to play twice! You're really good with a lot of characters.
9 Pakman- I didn't even get to play you in friendlies :(
13 Boss- Team friendlies at the start of the tournament were fun.
13 DJ Nintendo- I saw turtles in time and SMRPG, **** good taste in games.
13 Trademark- Didn't play :(
13 Tec0- <3. Much love, and playing against you in teams was full of HEART POUNDING EXCITEMENT.
17 Banks- Lets never play each other in teams again. Agreed?
17 Roman- Nice talking to you about not smash!
17 Spawn- In spite of losing to two maine teams in teams this tournament was well done. Also, hi.
17 Th0rn- LOL sleep. Also LOL getting kissed by Pine in the pic.
17 JFox- We played lots o friendlies. Good times.
17 Thumbswayup- Random falcon! It was fun playing and talking with you.
25 Oorah-Kabra- You're so fun to play against and one of the greatest trash talkers ever.
25 AOI- I haven't played against you lately, we should try that some time.
25 Mogwai- nair nair nair nair nair nair nair nair.
25 Jam Stunna- I finally posted! We should play next tourny.
25 Kyu puff- Thank you for not playing Sheik, ever. Those ICs are pretty beast.
Spife- You're getting better, keep playing Link!
Axel- Championship wrestler.
Dazwa- I just realized you weren't in singles. Good **** being amazing though.
Boxman- Lets play more gears.
Blue mage- You too.
Milkpona- I'm too sexy in those pictures.
KevinM- I love you have my babies
Joey- You're too fun to play with and talk to.
Zoso- I don't recall if we played at all, as it is late after the tourny. However I assume they were INCREDIBLE GAMES.
Brookman- Much love and fun games. You play smart.

operation

Smash Cadet
for teams, it was "*****es and cream" (not *****es in cream), and "sleepy balls" (not sleppy balls)

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
No! I shall never forget you. Maybe you should have entered singles/not shown up late/not left early. <3 <3 <3 <3
Blame Monty, KevinM's silly car. By the way I'm thinking of playing Link as a serious character. Or maybe Y. Link so Sky can be my older mentor.

Top Bottom