• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Windrose

Smash Lord
ASDI up -> 8th circle SDI (from up and away to straight up) -> jump beats every variant of dthrow -> dair. And now I'm trying to remember how the heck I ended up in this thread.
hurrah!! reliable answer! thanks a dozen.

(someone also told me that if you just rock back and forth between slightly upleft and slightly upright on the control stick maximizes your chance of sdi or something. i think it's similar to that 8th circle SDI business here.)

going to burn this into my memory.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'd be down to meet the great reneblade

the voice of midwest tournament top 10 videos
the two of them that exist, anyway
That reminds me, Wobbles was supposed to voiceover the Big House 2 top ten video, but he never got back to me. The production is done and all, just needs his commentary over it :glare:

gravy

Smash Ace
How do I figure out the speed difference between wavelanding and just landing normally and running? Like, if I was on a platform and wanted to fall to the bottom and run to the edge as fast as possible, would it be faster to waveland or normally land, and how much time would I lose doing the slower option?

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
depends. sometimes the fastest option is dash towards the edge of a platform, start the turnaround of a dashdance, and immediately wd and ff off the plat onto the edge. thats on bf and dreamland, for instance. to get all the way across the stage i believe the fastest way is to just run and backroll to the edge, then sh and ff down to the ledge

gravy

Smash Ace
Yah but I'm not talking about getting to the ledge. I'm pretty sure if I'm at a full run, I have to wavedash forward, buffer a turnaround, and wavedash back ff to ledge to get there the fastest. That's way faster than rolling and short hopping. But I'm talking about the difference between suffering through landing lag and starting my dash or wavelanding in the direction I want to go and then dashing.

Bing

Smash Master
I'm terrible at the Marth killer.... but I've never had to be good... there was never any Marth(that I could actually compete with aka Europhoria and Weon-X... and Reis) Now that I have my own region going I actually have a few Marth to play, one I just ditto but the other one abuses the ditto benefits(still talking about Marth) but he mains Mario and I love the Falcon vs Mario MU, so Im aiming to just use Falcon to take game 1, and if he switches to Marth i'd still be prepared.

gravy

Smash Ace
Yah you're right Zhea, but I don't think that it's possible to do that very consistently with Falcon. And Bing, I'm pretty sure the marth matchup just becomes much more fun the better you get. If you become a top player, the matchup becomes heavily in Falcon's favor.

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Heavily? I'll call shenanigans since getting and keeping falcon off stage is probably the easiest it gets for Marth

Marth is literally the reason why I don't play more falcon. Sure I'm bad at the MU but I can't see what you mean. Marth becomes weak when he can't finish edge guard sequences, if he can't do that then falcon can dance on him until like 170% where an utilt will kill falcon. The problem is falcon has no recovery mix ups and Marth is well marth. I say 45:55 marth

:phone:

gravy

Smash Ace
There's not a Marth in the world right now who can beat Hax. Our combos are redonkulous on him, if he gets grabbed he's pretty much going to die, and there's a lot of mistakes he can make that lead to getting grabbed. He can't get down from being above us, and we can combo into knee with nair, stomp, knee, bair, uair, etc.... He's also easy to edgeguard and is dead if you force him to land on the stage.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
I say the matchup's 50:50. It's a weird matchup imo. Both characters absolutely destroy each other in terms of punishment, falcon's combo game is unforgiving on stage and marth ***** off stage falcon. Neither character has very safe approaches on each other, so a lot of the game becomes spacing/pokes until one character gets a solid meaty hit and ***** the other one to death (IMO).

Btw, @ your comment about Hax...not gonna lie, Hax is brutal vs. marth. Please tell me though, name one falcon who's taken a set off IB's marth.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Falcon's PC hog sucks / is super hard, I've tried

Falcon vs Marth is pretty even in my book but I don't think most Falcons play the matchup right ... vs patient Marths you really have to just patience them right back unless you think you can land a stomp / knee
Nair gets CCed very hard and gets stuffed by Marths Nair more often than not

@Tactician - I think you're overrating Falcon's recovery when he gets to recover high
The Marth has to be really efficient at high % to deny you from being able to recover above charge B and when you have your DJ sweetspot it's not actually very easy to edgeguard you without making a good read

When you have to up-b within weak double Fair range I agree it is not great for you, but Marth's recovery is also godawful vs Falcon's ledgehop stomp / knee so it's not like Marth has a significant advantage in the recovery department

Bing

Smash Master
I say the matchup's 50:50. It's a weird matchup imo. Both characters absolutely destroy each other in terms of punishment, falcon's combo game is unforgiving on stage and marth ***** off stage falcon. Neither character has very safe approaches on each other, so a lot of the game becomes spacing/pokes until one character gets a solid meaty hit and ***** the other one to death (IMO).

Btw, @ your comment about Hax...not gonna lie, Hax is brutal vs. marth. Please tell me though, name one falcon who's taken a set off IB's marth.
**** yeah, That Canadian pride. I.Bizzle too good.

Falcon's PC hog sucks / is super hard, I've tried

Falcon vs Marth is pretty even in my book but I don't think most Falcons play the matchup right ... vs patient Marths you really have to just patience them right back unless you think you can land a stomp / knee
Nair gets CCed very hard and gets stuffed by Marths Nair more often than not

@Tactician - I think you're overrating Falcon's recovery when he gets to recover high
The Marth has to be really efficient at high % to deny you from being able to recover above charge B and when you have your DJ sweetspot it's not actually very easy to edgeguard you without making a good read

When you have to up-b within weak double Fair range I agree it is not great for you, but Marth's recovery is also godawful vs Falcon's ledgehop stomp / knee so it's not like Marth has a significant advantage in the recovery department
This was actually pretty helpful :p. Thanks

S l o X

Smash Champion
I.B. is the homie but he definitely isn't Hax level. I think M2K, PPU, and maybe TAJ (he beat Aziz at Genesis 2) are the only ones that can put up a fight against Hax.

gravy

Smash Ace
Hax told me he beats M2K's Marth. At the highest level, the advantage definitely becomes in our favor. I kind of agree with the matchup chart Scar made for Marth.

gravy

Smash Ace
Yah, he's definitely only ever going to play Sheik against Hax in tourny. Getting friendlies recorded is our only chance.

Zhea

Smash Ace
I hope pewpewU doesn't get is jaded on Marth. It's seems like every high level Marth main I talk to gets so jaded about Marth's vaibility.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
he won't. he has an awesome mentality. have to remember that norcal's best player mains doc lol, anyone met complaining about characters like marth will be laughed at

Windrose

Smash Lord
The only known set of I.B. vs Hax on youtube showed I.B. winning 2-0 in apex 2010. However, that was a long time ago and Hax is way better now. The matchup is probably 50-50, you can argue either way slightly in favor of marth or falcon but it just averages out to 50-50.

There's a video of I.B. vs gucii from apex2013 friendlies, it was pretty brutal for gucii.

At any rate, I.B. doesn't seem to like the marth-falcon matchup too much. He prefers playing falco vs falcon for obvious reasons.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
I face a patient and fsmash Marth regularly. Help.

I try to attack inbetween his fair wall but my timing is bad right now. Also what are some combos on Marth? Let's say 0% you get a grab. I normally go for uthrow nair regrab dthrow and then from there it depends on their DI.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
falcon marth is slight falcon's favor at high levels of play.

Backwards double jump off ledge to regrab ledge is really ****ing good against a recovering marth.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
Dthrow marth until 30 iirc (though I am dumb deviate from this). marth can get out of uthrow stuff at low%. Can regrab dthrow if they di poorly. If they di hard away, which is a probable initial response, I think you can uair and regrab again? Not sure though and I think the timing is kinda tight. if you establish that you can punish out of low% dthrows they will prob di in weird ways

Windrose

Smash Lord
falcon marth is slight falcon's favor at high levels of play.

Backwards double jump off ledge to regrab ledge is really ****ing good against a recovering marth.
that's a hax edgeguarding technique vs marth. You can dodge the up-b from marth's sword with it. Though it's not that useful since if they are in that position you can just use the light shield edgeguard as well. But this way can also be good if they still have their double jump i suppose. Marth's recovery sucks anyways, so there's not a lot to worry about.

Scar beat I.B. at apex 2013
did he play marth or falco?

also...what are you doing in the falcon boards?! you don't play falcon!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Chival barely plays ICs anymore and Nintendude always goes his Peach in friendlies ~_~ I should just ask him for ICs practice

Man Fly coming in here with knowledge
Too bad I suck at timing SDIs ...
My my bad I just need to learn the Falcon matchup with Peach since it's been a recurring problem in teams recently. I'll use anyone you want if you ask.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
I don't really mind because I also need Peach practice so I can beat DoH
zzz why can't every just play spacies

Top Bottom