• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Captain Smuckers

Smash Journeyman
Definitely, I think one of the big differences between good falcons and the best falcons is that they know how to use falcon's recovery effectively. Even against m2k, hax is incredible at avoiding gimps which is why, I think, he has so much success

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Falcon`s supposed to get hit when recovering. The goal is not to not get hit. Taking a back air to the face so you can falcon kick again is a must sometimes. The goal is to keep the stock!

Furtunately falcon is a champ in taking hits.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
i been practicing my falcon alot lately..and using it more...i love this character im thinking about main-ing him for like 1 month and see how i like it lol....but 1 question guys?

is it always so horrible when you get hit?

, cause ill do fine with falcon until they get that solid hit then im ****ed ..its like so hard to get away from spacies ....,shiek , marth etc and combos when your falcon , then recovery makes me sad 90% of the time i die and cant come back
I will make you quit this character.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Can someone do this in practice once and tell me that it's possible? drop from ledge with bair on yoshi's and wall jump without using your jump. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible but I haven't been able to do it once

edit: or uair

RedGamer

Smash Ace
Can someone do this in practice once and tell me that it's possible? drop from ledge with bair on yoshi's and wall jump without using your jump. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible but I haven't been able to do it once

edit: or uair
I've done it a lot from both the stage and the side platform.

what I really like to do is Dash Dance away from the ledge, Moonwalk towards the ledge, fall off, double jump, wave land off side platform, knee, wall jump, U-air, double jump, knee.

it's a lot easier than it sounds

gravy

Smash Ace
If you're having trouble falling off ledge and back airing, you should just start pressing the control stick and c stick backwards at the same time. You don't even need to walljump if you don't want to, you can just make it back normally on any stage. You can even use this method to fall off knee, stomp, or nair and make it back on FOD.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I'm not having trouble getting back, I just want more ways to guarantee I kill Falco if he's at 0% below the stage.

ShiftingShadows28

Smash Journeyman
If falco goes below illusion to ledge level then just jump off after him and get a uair. If you are already holding the ledge you can do press away->dj bair fairly deep and make it back.

And there is always upB :D

flantasticflan

Smash Journeyman
i need some moonwalk advice, i can only do it if i dash right, then left and then i cut it back to the right. i can keep going in that direction but i can't just dash left and then cut it to the right to moonwalk. also i can only do it in that direction

DuckPimp

Smash Ace
i need some moonwalk advice, i can only do it if i dash right, then left and then i cut it back to the right. i can keep going in that direction but i can't just dash left and then cut it to the right to moonwalk. also i can only do it in that direction
just keep trying
if you can do it in one direction, you can do it in the other. just work on it

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Saw Hax's sets vs. M2K at No Johns in pbnj's twitch archive (http://www.twitch.tv/pbnj23) today.

-SPOILERS-
Congrats on getting SUUUPER close to taking off a fabled set from M2K (like one hit away) in GF. m2k's lack of respect was kind of disgusting. seeing his puff in WF and seeing his puff in general makes me pretty sad. i respect his decision to play that way and respect how he's one of the few with the patience and consistency to pull it off, but i can't imagine anyone who wouldn't feel something ugly stir inside them watching THAT

apart from that though, always a treat watching ur falcon hax.

Hax

Smash Champion
yeah, really good sets vs M2K last night. lost WF's and GF's 3-2, threw both game 5's in pretty much the same fashion. =/ i already know what mistakes not to make next time. getting way better vs planking, too

from may 19th to june 1st i'll be at Vex Kasrani's house training against some of east coast's best: M2K, Cactuar, Eggm etc. there will be a stream for you guys to tune into

Hax

Smash Champion
yeah he is

haha Cactuar came down to my place last weekend and trained for 3 days straight. he's at his best right now

clowsui

Smash Legend
"at his best"

AKA cactuar plays so well and so gay that hax spends many posts complaining about how unwinnable that matchup is

i was around the same time you were hax, check the join date ;)

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
what about the weird edgegrab -> wall jump doraki jump?
Never seen any falcon player use that intentionally. Fox ofcourse is easy to do on FD.

Hmm i know for sure its possible on dreamland and fd, but im thinking its possible on all legal stages.

If you are inhuman ofcourse

RedGamer

Smash Ace
dash attack -> instant walljump is sooo easy. but you have to be on stage to dash attack.

has anyone ever tried wavedash / waveland / jump off side platform -> walljump the ledge?

I'm assuming it's easiest on yoshi's and hardest on battlefield. A lot of options will become available if you can master it.

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
Is "weird ledgegrab" a pivot ledgegrab? I can do that about half the time. Sometimes I do weird wall jumps by accident when dash dancing near the ledge, never really figured out how -.-

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
i wasn't referring to a weird legdegrab, i was referring to the weird "edgegrab -> walljump" technique as a whole, the one where you perfectly sweetspot the ledge while hugging the wall and pushing away after the edgegrab to get a walljump

come to think of it, my question was something that would've been trivial to figure out myself if i thought about it lol

gravy

Smash Ace
Yah when I say doraki I am referring to grabbing the ledge and instantly wall jumping off by pressing away. I want to see if I can start consistently doing it, because falcon needs better edgeguards.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
So I'm having a bit of trouble with Peach and am looking for advice. What are some of the best ways to approach Peach and in what situations? The Peach I play against is usually quite patient and like to spam DSmash, Turnips and DashAttack. And knowing me all I want to do IS HIT HER STUPID FACE. I have a bad habit of always wanting to initiate which I know is stupid as ****.

I've never been too good at my NAir but I've been working on it for the past few weeks so I feel it's one of my best openers that isn't grabbing. (DI N-Air Low -> FJ Dbl U-Air) A lot of the time I find that all I really want to do is KNEE, KNEE MORE KNEE and DAir. My friend knows this very well and can usually power shield most of my initial attacks (he doesn't normally PS anything). Because of this, I usually have to try and wait him out hoping I can get him to Whiff while I DD.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
So I'm having a bit of trouble with Peach and am looking for advice. What are some of the best ways to approach Peach and in what situations? The Peach I play against is usually quite patient and like to spam DSmash, Turnips and DashAttack. And knowing me all I want to do IS HIT HER STUPID FACE. I have a bad habit of always wanting to initiate which I know is stupid as ****.

I've never been too good at my NAir but I've been working on it for the past few weeks so I feel it's one of my best openers that isn't grabbing. (DI N-Air Low -> FJ Dbl U-Air) A lot of the time I find that all I really want to do is KNEE, KNEE MORE KNEE and DAir. My friend knows this very well and can usually power shield most of my initial attacks (he doesn't normally PS anything). Because of this, I usually have to try and wait him out hoping I can get him to Whiff while I DD.
Lol, fighting Peach can be mad boring at times. I dunno how good the Peach you're fighting is, but something that usually helps me a lot against Peaches at or below my level is baiting out their dsmash or dash attack and punishing them. This involves knowing when the Peach wants to dsmash or dash attack. Lots of Peaches like dsmashing on platforms, cuz if you jump into it you get ****ED. But if they're going to a platform, that will probably be their most obvious option, so don't jump at them until they commit to something. Also, a lot of them with dsmash if they CC'ed one of your moves.

Lots of Peaches I play like dash attacking while I'm DDing. In general, dash attack is a stupid ass interrupt move with sick priority. You can bait it out with a DD then shielding in dash attack range, cuz usually the Peach will go for the dash attack. Then you shield grab and try to destroy them.

Nair is pretty good. You can space it to make it safe and it goes through turnips. If you go deep with one though, you have a pretty good chance of getting CC'ed and punsihed badly (cuz nair is pretty weak). If he's powershielding a ****ton of your moves, that tells me you should mix up your aerial timings a lot more lol

Comboing with nairs/uairs is really good (especially uair). Remember dthrow -> knee, because it prevents Peach from living too long, which really, REALLY helps any matchup against Peach in general.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Lol, fighting Peach can be mad boring at times. I dunno how good the Peach you're fighting is, but something that usually helps me a lot against Peaches at or below my level is baiting out their dsmash or dash attack and punishing them. This involves knowing when the Peach wants to dsmash or dash attack. Lots of Peaches like dsmashing on platforms, cuz if you jump into it you get ****ED. But if they're going to a platform, that will probably be their most obvious option, so don't jump at them until they commit to something. Also, a lot of them with dsmash if they CC'ed one of your moves.

Lots of Peaches I play like dash attacking while I'm DDing. In general, dash attack is a stupid *** interrupt move with sick priority. You can bait it out with a DD then shielding in dash attack range, cuz usually the Peach will go for the dash attack. Then you shield grab and try to destroy them.

Nair is pretty good. You can space it to make it safe and it goes through turnips. If you go deep with one though, you have a pretty good chance of getting CC'ed and punsihed badly (cuz nair is pretty weak). If he's powershielding a ****ton of your moves, that tells me you should mix up your aerial timings a lot more lol

Comboing with nairs/uairs is really good (especially uair). Remember dthrow -> knee, because it prevents Peach from living too long, which really, REALLY helps any matchup against Peach in general.
The Peach I play against I've been playing against for years, so he knows my habbits. He's not bad, but he doesn't care enough to learn the game's mechanics or work on improving. I've read about her Down Smashes on platforms before (forgot), thankfully he doesn't know about that and pretty much only plays on FD but I'll let him know about it's usefulness so I don't get used to a ****ty Peach. I also have a bad habbit of CC'ing pretty much every thing, and since he's the first and only Peach player I have to deal with it ***** my **** every time.

I've got the shield grabbing down, with most of his characters (Fox, D.Mario & Peach) he LOVES to Dash Attack, a lot of time I grab him from behind me if he does it too close to me.

That's a good idea, I'll try to work on mixing up my aerial timings since they're pretty much set in stone which is a bad idea, this should really help.

What percents does DThrow -> Knee work at?

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Dthrow -> Knee works at an absurd range of %'s, but I usually use it to go for the kill around 70-120% depending on stage and proximity to the edge. You will have to react to her DI and go for the knee, though most Peaches I know are pretty bad at mixing up their DI so if your keeps flying the same way from a dthrow, just keep kneeing the same way and killing him

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
How do you falcons feel about dash attack at high percent? I think it's actually really good versus spacies and himself. It's pretty easy to DD into it as well I think it helps you get a kill at those awkward high percents where it can be hard to kill a space animal. In the right situation I believe it even combo's into knee if they DI in. If the don't well now they are off stage or you have lots of room at least to close out the stock.

JeezImSoBored

Smash Apprentice
How do you falcons feel about dash attack at high percent? I think it's actually really good versus spacies and himself. It's pretty easy to DD into it as well I think it helps you get a kill at those awkward high percents where it can be hard to kill a space animal. In the right situation I believe it even combo's into knee if they DI in. If the don't well now they are off stage or you have lots of room at least to close out the stock.
isnt it pretty good for edguard as well? its pretty fast right? :D

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Dash attack is a very good surprise move, I find. It comes out fast out of a dash and has a decently large hitbox. I've gotten actually quite a few janky kills from surprise dash attack -> jab reset -> knee. It is kinda good at high percent against spacies/falcon in that any solid hit at high percent is good against spacies/falcon and dash attack is, again, a really surprising move to bring out.

Having said that, it has it's downsides. If you whiff or don't get the initial strong hitbox, you're usually a sitting duck for almost anything, and getting grabbed -> combo'd is the last thing you want to happen against someone who's at high percent lol.

Weak dash attacks at high percent might knock 'em down, which can lead to tech chase or jab reset stuff. Strong dash attack has good knockback, but the cool-down afterwards prevents a lot of reliable followups. Of course, if they don't have a jump, then GG's.

Dash attack has a lot of potential for edgeguarding IMO, especially against falcon. More for its hitbox than its speed, because it actually hits pretty low and can cover sweet-spotted up-B's (i think). Also, dash attacking at the edge puts you in teeter, so if you hit the dash attack, you kinda can follow up with almost anything at that point lol

Top Bottom