• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
s2jjjjjj did you see the post about tech chasing i made (if it didn't help that's fine, i just wasn't sure >_>)

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
i think they are pretty legit for a little bit until you get lucky enough to find a new controller/ break in a new one

i think no controller would be as good as the one i used for like 2 yrs though it was extremely good
If you buy a brand new controller and break it in, it should work pretty well.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I actually bought a brand new one, did a Majora's Mask/OoT speedrun, and had to re-unlock everything for melee. Its broken it in semi-decently and is quite playable now

Best controller i've ever had so far

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i think they are pretty legit for a little bit until you get lucky enough to find a new controller/ break in a new one

i think no controller would be as good as the one i used for like 2 yrs though it was extremely good
I don't understand how you would need a good controller for Falcon, for me I can just buy a new one and play whichever character after just a few hours. I used only 2 controllers in 6 years.. this is not bragging, I'm just not understanding. It makes me curious sometimes about the requirement of a good controller for you or anyone else. I mean I understand when it's actually broken but if the controller has little quirks about it then you can just press buttons on that controller in a different way to adapt to it. Kinda like inputting your soul into the controller lol.

D

Deleted member

for the way i play vs spacies i need to be frame perfect or close to it

edit: i read everything

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Johnny does a lot of pivot stuff and differently timed aerials that makes his controller johns pretty justified... if there was a Falcon whose controller johns would be least justified, it'd probably be SS the minimalist.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
when Johnny gets home he'll tell you he was not happy, Nor was I.

However Johnny says I'm his favorite AZ player woot! ^^

uhh we had fun games too...

Yeah bad tourney, more details later. I have ALOT i wanna say... :(

S2j is awesome,

and he likes my Yoshi too, (im so happy)
uhh yeah melee

D

Deleted member

dont think i recall stating who was my favorite az player i think i like all of the top players equally

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I figure it's a combination of driving 9 hours for a 35-person tourney and the fact that it took two full days to finish aforementioned 35-person tourney

In any case, good showing vs M2K, Johnny.. I wish I could see exactly what was happening on the 2 fps stream though. Gonna have to wait for the YouTube copies.

D

Deleted member

sorry i lost honestly hope youtube never gets uploaded except me vs wobbles in winners only set im happy about how i played in

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Glad I finally got to play you, Johnny. I think I remember you saying how you hate Falcon dittos a while ago, but I had fun.

S l o X

Smash Champion
From what it sounds like, s2j plans on beating mew2king the next time they play.

Cali definitely seems mad salty about the tournament. Who did Wes lose to?

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i can see being mad if you traveled far and the turnout was small*. seems like it may have been understaffed as well based on comments in the thread

*norcal ran into this at tourney play, which barely had any attendants from san diego despite being held very close to san diego

D

Deleted member

wasnt understaffed just nobody ran the tournament and nobody cared

apparently co-TO's were vectorman and rubyiris

:c

Nakamaru

Smash Master
mmhm, I want to play around more with options out of jab reset, but i figured i'd stay safe with the grabs.

We were talking about the jab reset DI earlier in the thread, so it it nice to have some recent footage of it in a tournament setting.

iRobinhoood

Smash Lord
On the NYTE stream I mentioned Sheik was a hard mu for Falcon. I was joking around saying this mu is 90:10 and was getting bashed by the stream who said Falcons are just whiners and that the matchup is pretty even.

However, when ever I see a Falcon play a Sheik(a good sheik at least) I can feel he is trying to win for his life. Every whiff being punished.

Top Bottom