• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

D

Deleted member

you can techchase fox on reaction

falco is way tougher

==

my way of tech-chasing is see if my opponent reacts erratically or predictably or based on what they see I DO. Once i figure that out pretty simple vs foxes and bad falcos

Some tips:

It is impossible to regrab to death unless your opponent is god awful at DI-ing and doesn't abuse edges to edgecancel them, so I think regrabbing a few times --> going for a read/ side-b coverage is good.

Bad players tend to NOT DI throws at all, making it very simple to tech chase them, better players DI throws down and away

Some players, by the way they DI give off which way they will tech.

Try to keep track of tendencies and see if they adapt or not to your guesses/reads.

Here's a simple staple I use, Up-throw/ D-throw near edge, and run to the edge --> side-b inside. Once people see me do that a few times they may decide to roll towards the edge in response to that, that's when you go for the big stomp/knee but ONLY if your opponent is in your view an intelligent d00d who can actually do tech mix-ups.

==

Just establish a solid framework that will **** most n00bs, then make adjustments based on your perception of how good and bad they are and their habits. 99% of players I have played have a fatal, exploitable flaw. Use match 1 to test/learn your opponent, then use match 2/3 to bring it all together

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
you can techchase fox on reaction

falco is way tougher

==

my way of tech-chasing is see if my opponent reacts erratically or predictably or based on what they see I DO. Once i figure that out pretty simple vs foxes and bad falcos

Some tips:

It is impossible to regrab to death unless your opponent is god awful at DI-ing and doesn't abuse edges to edgecancel them, so I think regrabbing a few times --> going for a read/ side-b coverage is good.

Bad players tend to NOT DI throws at all, making it very simple to tech chase them, better players DI throws down and away

Some players, by the way they DI give off which way they will tech.

Try to keep track of tendencies and see if they adapt or not to your guesses/reads.

Here's a simple staple I use, Up-throw/ D-throw near edge, and run to the edge --> side-b inside. Once people see me do that a few times they may decide to roll towards the edge in response to that, that's when you go for the big stomp/knee but ONLY if your opponent is in your view an intelligent d00d who can actually do tech mix-ups.

==

Just establish a solid framework that will **** most n00bs, then make adjustments based on your perception of how good and bad they are and their habits. 99% of players I have played have a fatal, exploitable flaw. Use match 1 to test/learn your opponent, then use match 2/3 to bring it all together
[glow]Very good information S2j, I'll try to make sure I remember this stuff from now on when playing spacies.[/glow]

D

Deleted member

then stop playing falcon

at the very least stop *****ing in S2J thread

Twinkles

Smash Lord
oh rite, peach is a character :awesome:
falcon puff has hurdles, but is really doable so stfu
falcon marth is really dumb, but is really doable so stfu
i suck against peach, but we agree its falcon favor so okay, thats cool
and we know falcon loses to fox, falco, shiek, but u knew this cuz u play falcon, so stfu

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I never said any of them weren't doable. I just said that they weren't in his favor. Except marth, marth prolly even, I'm just reallly bad at the MU.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
I'm unsure about the puff matchup
it feels even to me, but maybe thats bcuz i havent played a good puff

Scidadle

Smash Champion
Well, I wouldn't call myself a great falcon player... But I do live in FL and have played against Hbox a few times... Not fun

But it is Hbox...

Twinkles

Smash Lord
that explains a lot lol
um
completely derailing this topic, what problems do u have with marth?
im not too great against marth either, but maybe if we discuss we can figure something out

D

Deleted member

i enjoy falcon vs puff a lot, including playing hbox

i look forward to playing him again i always have a decent amount of fun

==

my problem vs marth is.............................

idk i just get smacked a lot

Twinkles

Smash Lord
hax is right about side-b imo
used sparingly it can destroy marth
goes under nair, punishes any lag from marth, can catch marth out of a DD, and launches marth up perfectly for uairs (if not CCed)
overuse tho gets u *****

this mu seems to be all about who can stay under who longer and the bottom guy always wins
i think i would a have a much easier time against marth if i remembered how the fk to di utilts and uairs

Scidadle

Smash Champion
I dunno, you have to play just outside of his range a lot but it's hard because he has so much range. You have to be close enough to be able to punish his movements but not get punished yourself. Marth is pretty much lagless if played right. His u tilt gives me a lot of problems and its pretty much impossible to recover. Instant uair I feel is falcons best option vs marth, it scoops him a bit and leads to perfect combo setups.

Run up shield is a good bait, side b can catch early aerials. If the marth is smart he can delay the sh aerial and hit you mid side b. You need to capitalize really hard on your opportunities because marth is hard to get in on.

I need to work on spacing

Puff is like, up air all day keep that stupid ball above of you. Don't get greedy or youll die.

I'm definitely getting better tho. I can feel my progression and it's a really good feeling. Can't wait to get good enough to make it into bracket -.- lol

S l o X

Smash Champion
falcon vs peach, jiggs, marth, sheik are all even.

falcon vs fox isn't bad at all either. i'd argue certain stages are only 45-55. falcon vs falco on the other hand looks more like 65-35 on so many stages.

then it comes down to how falcon does vs people like doc/mario/ic/luigi and he even does well in that department.

stop complaining about matchups and get good until you beat everyone who you are better than minus falcos.

Brookman

Smash Hero
Good Falco's don't even give a **** if you can powershield cause they counter power shield. WTF is this ?!

Kage was at one moment in time, more skilled than mango.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
It was just his style combined with his character choice that enabled me to beat him, I think.. His Falcon i beat him at Genesis 1 too in a seriously when there were 30 people waiting to play on the big screen.. so obviously you don't want to lose right? And then I lost to Shiz right after, ****ing Falco!!! lol.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
imo the puff mu is a lot about abusing falcon's speed
puff is weakest on the ground, where her jump takes some startup, so mashing attacks in her face before she gets out her first aerial has gotten me some success

also, i like the occasional dair in this mu
if you manage to hit puff with it right as she's jumping up, she's forced to the ground
and her rolls suck, so u could probably chase on reaction

grab -> knee is such a winner in this matchup

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i find puff difficult to grab. she can crouch and you whiff and she is just generally in the air a lot

edit: dthrow--> knee good ofc, but fishing for grabs seems more dangerous in this mu than most

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I find Falco probably the hardest MU due to his lazers and him comboing you hard.
Fox is probably 2nd worst for me

D

Deleted member

falcos aren't bad per se but the ones that are beating me are extremely talented which is why i hate FALCOS **** THEM

i.e westballz, PP

==

i find foxes though way easier, but its more my style of play that makes it easier for me than most

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
falcos aren't bad per se but the ones that are beating me are extremely talented which is why i hate FALCOS **** THEM

i.e westballz, PP

==

i find foxes though way easier, but its more my style of play that makes it easier for me than most
I think your pretty even with Westballz, PP is the one that seems tough to beat.

S l o X

Smash Champion
the problem with me is i can auto-pilot and do well vs good players.

unless they are playing falco. speaking of which - i have this huge problem where i just auto pilot. even in tournament matches i do well in. lately this seems like its not a problem at all and has helped me play completely reactive.

my question to you guys is do you just auto pilot or think a lot when you play? (especially you s2j)

Top Bottom